PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Engine mounts

fleming
03-06-03, 08:14 PM
What rubber mounts do people use to fit 2.0 16 valve motors into the nova? Every one always says 'competition mounts' but who makes these, obviously standard vauxhall rubber mounts arent good enough or are they? I dont mean the metal plates i mean the rubbers. What would people recommend? I dont want to be constantly changing them!

Many thanks.

brian
03-06-03, 08:32 PM
standard is fine. mine never feel out!

fearless
03-06-03, 10:33 PM
Most people use Trans Auto Sport (TAS) competition mounts due to the cost as opposed to the 'Works' mounts available from Harry Hockley Motorsport.

If u can live with the extra vibration caused by these mounts - Then I would strongley recommend them.

I'm not saying u can't use standard VX mounts - these work fine - (A cheap mod is to fill the gaps in the VX mounts with square box section and Sixaflex) but if u drive the car hard - u can have problems with the engine moving around excessively, sometimes touching the chassis leg - and problems with gear selection (2nd to 3rd) when driven hard (If you've seen a valver on a rolling road you will know what i mean !!!)

The choice is yours !! :!:

fleming
03-06-03, 10:45 PM
Thanks for that, who makes TAS mounts and where can i get those from. N e links or contacts u know of?

fearless
03-06-03, 11:01 PM
www.tas.uk.com

fleming
03-06-03, 11:05 PM
Bit of a daft question who makes em! :oops:

cheers for that tho, just been on TAS web site.