PDA

View Full Version : car temperature problem

Curtoise
09-12-10, 08:04 AM
Right sorry if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't find the help one on my phone.
My problem is that when going along my car never gets up to temp and therefore the heaters don't work ! In this weather that's crappy! It eventually gets warm if I'm sitting still. At first I thought I was the thermostat but when I removed it I tested it and it worked fine, I then changed the water pump and flushed out the heater matrix. I'm honestly stuck on what it could be now, as anyone had this problem before? Oh know how to fix it?any help greatly appreciated.

dougie_boi
09-12-10, 08:20 AM
i would replace the thermostat as it sounds like its sticking open

Curtoise
09-12-10, 08:34 AM
Yeh but when I took it out twas fine and closed, and open and closed freely

Will F
09-12-10, 08:40 AM
Just change it - they are about £4 lol

BRoadGhost
09-12-10, 08:54 AM
The problem is the size of your lump :P

Two liters of twink power makes for a nice space heater whilst on the move this time of year.

Bet a 3.0 V6 is the daddie thou!

Jack
09-12-10, 10:22 AM
Bet a 3.0 V6 is the daddie thou!
The centre cold air vents on my dash blow hotter air than the outside vents even when the heat on those is turned right up. LMFAO

Welsh Dan
09-12-10, 11:03 AM
When the engine is hot is the coolant system pressurised? Are you losing any coolant?

The last year I had my 1.2 I put a black bin bag over the drivers side of the radiator so it'd stay warmer lol. I left the fan-side clear though so it wouldnt overheat.

Curtoise
09-12-10, 11:43 AM
Might do the bin idea and wait for Summer to come lol