PDA

View Full Version : Opening Rear Windows

Sola
08-12-10, 10:49 PM
Hi all,

There is probably a thread somewhere here about this, but I couldn't find it. So apologies if I am duplicating.

Could you please tell me how difficult it would be to fit rear opening windows into my three door mk2 Nova?

Is it a simple fit or is there metalwork to be done?

All feedback much appreciated.

Many thanks

Graeme
08-12-10, 10:51 PM
Its really simple once you find a set

bazil
08-12-10, 11:03 PM
Flol

yip it's just finding them :)

bmw156
08-12-10, 11:03 PM
he sounds like he has a set.

mug him

Sola
08-12-10, 11:09 PM
Well, I have almost got my hands on the glass and hinges as NOS. I travel a fair bit and sometimes come across obscure things....

Was just curious whether it would be worth the investment (around £150) for the glass and hinges.

BTW, I'd advise you against trying to mug me, you've not seen a photo of me!!;)

Cheers for the feedback.

bmw156
08-12-10, 11:10 PM
150 is probably fair for the complete set

and LOL you are from essex, not to long a distance. but you better watch out for paul and merris!

p.s you havent seen a picture of me :D

bazil
08-12-10, 11:12 PM
Make sure it's proper glass as standard ones are too small and hatch ones are different you'll need different rubbers and the opening latch's too, the hinges are on the glass but you need rubber gromits for the B post and you'll need to cut holes in your B post as your shell won't have them being mk2

NOV4_SPORT
08-12-10, 11:26 PM
I would love to see a pic of them fitted to a nova from the inside, ie from the rear passenger side, where the latches sit when fitted, just for refrance, as someone asked me this before but lost the pic i had.

Mabey brets sr ??

iain

Connor
08-12-10, 11:37 PM
Where abouts in essex are you sola, can give you a hand fitting if you wanted

istf
18-03-11, 08:25 AM
Hi!
I got a pair of rear opening glasses for my Nova Saloon (Corsa-A).
I've checked in EPC, the GM part no. is 90138481 and 90138482.
I will also need gaskets, but by EPC I don't know which are fit with these "elephant ear" glasses.
Could somebody tell me an 'opening rear quarter glass' gasket GM part number?
Thanks!