PDA

View Full Version : cavilier front seats lift forward?

mark fairhurst
08-12-10, 09:30 PM
:confused: anyone know if its possible to convert to lift forward as the original nova ones do?

Pistol Pete
08-12-10, 09:32 PM
Would'nt have thought so TBH.

mowgli
09-12-10, 09:04 AM
not without stripping them down & fitting innards from a 3dr seat frame..

the calibra ones are what you need, ideally

Graeme
09-12-10, 10:06 AM
Iirc the latches are in both sides and the hole is in the metal frame to hold the lift asssembly, just needs the 'thing' fitting in the side of the seat and the cables fitting iirc

w_wall_2001
09-12-10, 11:18 AM
it can be done, we fitted cav seats in a tigra and had to strip seat and fit latch etc and weld it frame

Spudly
09-12-10, 11:27 AM
Iirc the latches are in both sides and the hole is in the metal frame to hold the lift asssembly, just needs the 'thing' fitting in the side of the seat and the cables fitting iirc

This is correct, and imo it would be well worth doing as calibra seats are pap and have no side bolsters, so if you fit cally seats, when you corner 'enthusiastically' you will end up on the passengers knee, not too bad a thing if your passenger is a fit young lass, but definately a bad thing as you will no longer be behind the wheel lol

mark fairhurst
09-12-10, 09:22 PM
cheers lads cav ones are def betta seats thought i saw a how to guide ages ago not sure tho:thumb:

Andy
09-12-10, 09:25 PM
This is correct, and imo it would be well worth doing as calibra seats are pap and have no side bolsters, so if you fit cally seats, when you corner 'enthusiastically' you will end up on the passengers knee, not too bad a thing if your passenger is a fit young lass, but definately a bad thing as you will no longer be behind the wheel lol
Theyre not that bad,i had some in my cav and i used to trevor that round roundabouts and it was ok