PDA

View Full Version : Astra Gsi mk3

steviegsi
07-12-10, 10:28 PM
Hi all . I changed the antifreeze on the astra the other day, filled it up then checked it twice a day for a couple of days to top up. But now I've realised that it is leaking . I believe it's coming from the bulkhead side of the engine. Is there a weak spot on these that's likely to go? Obviously I'll need it up in the air to have a look but I'd like a headsup on the likely culprit ? Will scrape the snow off the driveway tomorrow and get a look as it's slowly getting worse!

Cheers :thumb:

Paul
07-12-10, 10:30 PM
id guess a hose has perished?

probably the 3way one on the back of the block...

steviegsi
07-12-10, 10:39 PM
Cheers. I suppose its probably a silly thing to ask as it really could be anywhere.lol.

Would I be right in thinking that the coolant pipes at the back of the block on this are likely to be the same on my xe converted gte nova? The engines coming out of it anyway so I may aswel steal a pipe to do til I can get a new one from vauxhall for the astra.

Nobby
08-12-10, 08:07 PM
yeah mate theres 2 pipes going to the matrix and one big fat one that goes to by the water pump all of them run off a L shape plastic pipe check thats not split/broke aswell