PDA

View Full Version : So how many admit to driving a nova?

ste porter
07-12-10, 05:11 PM
Just woundering how many people admit to driving a nova?

Thing is a few years ago i used to be a little ashamed to tell people who asked that i have a nova as they seemed to look down there nose at you and treat you different mainly because of the image attached to it back then.
im not talking about people you know and good mates i mean when your in the pub and you start talking to women and they ask or if you go for a job interview

i also feel that it depends who it is and what there like also determins the reaction you get and how bad/good you feel when you tell them

thoughts opinions and experiances?

Tanya.
07-12-10, 05:13 PM
I know when I told people I was considering buying a Nova I got a lot of "are you joking" comments lol

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:13 PM
Uh oh this sounds like an AA meeting.....

*clears throat*

*stands up*

MY NAME IS SPUDLY, AND I OWN A NOVA!

*sits back down and awaits his round of applause from the other sufferers*

lol

Southie
07-12-10, 05:14 PM
I've nothing to be ashamed about, its all I can afford is usually my reply.

Iain
Yep I'm quite happy to tell them it's a Nova, not really bothered if they look down on it!

bmw156
i used to get ripped at work for it.
and my boss is always ripping me lol.

probably more now i have the R19 lol

bazil
07-12-10, 05:15 PM
I don't talk to strangers lol

nope I only admit nova ownership when asked about my hobbies, I describe it restoring a hot hatch from my yoof :)

bainyboy sr
07-12-10, 05:15 PM
never ever been ashamed to drive a nova people take the piss so **** all i say back its anova you dont understand lol

mk1nova_rich
07-12-10, 05:17 PM
I've nothing to be ashamed about, its all I can afford is usually my reply.

Yours is a seriously nice motor Dave, well specced without being OTT for the road, combined with the old school Mk1-ness makes it a really nice Nova and car in general IMO :d

Southie
07-12-10, 05:18 PM
I describe it as making a 3D jigsaw from my yoof :) Edited.

Cheers Rich :thumb:

w_wall_2001
07-12-10, 05:19 PM
i take the easy way out and tell them i drive a vectra but have a nova also and leave it at that, although i do get quite a bit stick at work for the novalol

Mieran
07-12-10, 05:19 PM
More than happy to tell people I have a Nova

When I had a Saxo it was a different story... "what do you drive"... Me: a VTS... usually goes quite after that cos they don't know what it is lol

AdamK
07-12-10, 05:20 PM
i think its worse with younger people as soon as you say you have a nova the first word that comes to peoples head is 'CHAV' lol

mowgli
07-12-10, 05:22 PM
i had a bloke turn up at work yesterday, and he saw my nova & started telling me about his years of ownership of them... i don't get the negative stuff.

Southie
07-12-10, 05:23 PM
i think its worse with younger people as soon as you say you have a nova the first word that comes to peoples head is 'CHAV' lolTrue in some cases, Cool Hatch And Valuable. :d

dave watson
Uh oh this sounds like an AA meeting.....

*clears throat*
*stands up*
MY NAME IS SPUDLY, AND I OWN A NOVA!
*sits back down and awaits his round of applause from the other sufferers*
lol

thought it rotted and you broke it and it went to heven ?

ste porter
Thing is the majority of my mates now have cossies evos scoobys beemers and rice rockets
ok i have the cav T but i have and always will be known round here for my novas and when stood in the pub and people ask what you drive and the responses go
evo, lotus elise , lotus exige, m3 ,astra vxr, corsa vxr artic, saph cossie , nova

you kind of stand out

Hoochie
I will admit to there being 2 on my drive and possibly, maybe a 3rd to add.....:roll:
I cannot however admit to driving any of them as i can't!!!
I just cannot drive an older car...1st( and only) time i took one of his to the shops i almost papped my pants.
"The brakes don't work" was the response he got on my return.....:d

Southie
07-12-10, 05:25 PM
thing is the majority of my mates now or with cossies evos scoobys beemers and rice rockets
ok i have the cav T but i have and always will be known round here for my novas and when stood in the pub and people ask what you drive and the responses go
evo, lotus elise , lotus exige, m3 ,astra vxr, corsa vxr artic, saph cossie , nova

you kind of stand out Yes but they'll have all owned one at some point and understand your craving, they also will say "I'd love another".

dave watson
07-12-10, 05:27 PM
Thing is the majority of my mates now have cossies evos scoobys beemers and rice rockets

you kind of stand out
haha and there reaction is nova why would you do such a thing lol ive had that before when ive told some one

ste porter
no mate its usualy

'dont matter what you do its still a nova'

thats when i have tryed justifying it with bigger bhp figures

Spudly
thought it rotted and you broke it and it went to heven ?

Wtf you on about, what has or hasnt happened with my nova (which is still sat in my garden btw :p) has no relation to the comedy value of my post:tard:

ste porter
07-12-10, 05:28 PM
spuds nova has a treat going its way doesnt it mate!

Southie
07-12-10, 05:29 PM
no mate its usualy

You of all people don't need to justify pub BHP figures :roll: lol

MK999
07-12-10, 05:29 PM
"you've got 2 of them, WHY?!"

breadstraw
07-12-10, 05:30 PM
i love telling people i drive a nova
just for the "YOU DRIVE A WHAT?!" or "why aren't you dead?! :S" reactions haha
best job interview related thing was when i went for one in a petrol station and i told the guy i drove a nova, the interview went out the window and he just started going on about how his Capri is rather dead at the minute
hahaha :D

Bubba
07-12-10, 05:31 PM
no mate its usualy

i love that reply, i then say...so, how much did yours cost to buy and get like that/fix when it breaks/milage/service history? i usually win

and i make more of a point saying its a moredoor and its matt black atm lol

Rich
07-12-10, 05:31 PM
I once got, you drive spf? the white one?

I thought, wtf? do you know what it is?

corsa? fiesta? oh i give up

She knew the last 3 digits of my plate but didnt even know what car it was?

I always got why dont you get a new car? answer was always the same, cheap, fun, quicker that what you drive lol

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:32 PM
spuds nova has a treat going its way doesnt it mate!

Yeah the err scrappers in the sky lol

dave watson
07-12-10, 05:32 PM
Wtf you on about, what has or hasnt happened with my nova (which is still sat in my garden btw :p) has no relation to the comedy value of my post:tard:

so are you saying you havent broke it and didnt have a thred on here selling parts off it?

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:33 PM
so are you saying you havent broke it and didnt have a thred on here selling parts off it?

There was a thread, but no fooker wanted anything off it so its still in my garden going back to nature:p

ste porter
07-12-10, 05:33 PM

it does look very sorry for its self at the min

Graeme
07-12-10, 05:34 PM
I work on a lot of commercial building site, doing my job and when people get talking and find out your not addicted to football or being a party boy they ask what your into. I normally say cars, they expect you to be into cars like Jap drift cars or expensive German models, when you say a Nova it normally goes one of two ways, they'll either love it and tell you all the stories of their mate crashing their Mum's merit, fives up and them always wanting a sr/gte/gsi or they start speaking like a Chav and say 'Has it got a Redtop yo? Either way I normally walk off shaking my head

Hoochie
07-12-10, 05:35 PM
"you've got 2 of them, WHY?!"

Aaahhh i said they were on my drive...they belong to Sturge!!....;)

ste porter
07-12-10, 05:36 PM
I work on a lot of commercial building site, doing my job and when people get talking and find out your not addicted to football or being a party boy they ask what your into. I normally say cars, they expect you to be into cars like Jap drift cars or expensive German models, when you say a Nova it normally goes one of two ways, they'll either love it and tell you all the stories of their mate crashing their Mum's merit, fives up and them always wanting a sr/gte/gsi or they start speaking like a Chav and say 'Has it got a Redtop yo? Either way I normally walk off shaking my head

funny how everyones storys so far and the above included i can relate to at some point

Alex J
07-12-10, 05:37 PM
There was a thread, but no fooker wanted anything off it so its still in my garden going back to nature:pdrop it over and ill sort it out for you, got a "mint" cav turbo shell to trade on it;)

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:39 PM
I always get branded a charver when i tell people what the stickers in my cav windows are for or what pngclub is on my fleece or hoody, i just tell them to gtf if they dont like it, but nine times out of ten you spark them off reminiscing of fun times they once had in their or their mates novas:thumb:

drop it over and ill sort it out for you, got a "mint" cav turbo shell to trade on it;)

Nah i like it as a garden ornament in all fairness so i think ill keep it till it resembles that sport that was on the bay a few months back:d

MK999
07-12-10, 05:39 PM
Aaahhh i said they were on my drive...they belong to Sturge!!....;)

Look up the use of quotation marks, then facepalm thy self lol

dougie_boi
07-12-10, 05:40 PM
i proudly admit nova owner ship and quite frankly dont give a **** what anybody says or thinks lol

Hobbit
07-12-10, 05:41 PM
I tell everyone, even show them the pics on my phone like its my child lol get a good reaction off most.

Alex J
07-12-10, 05:41 PM
Nah i like it as a garden ornament in all fairness so i think ill keep it till it resembles that sport that was on the bay a few months back:d but the cav is a bigger plant pot, would look good, even chuck the 4x4 badges in:thumb:

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:42 PM
but the cav is a bigger plant pot, would look good, even chuck the 4x4 badges in:thumb:

My garden isnt that big, so a nova is more practical in all fairness:p

Alex J
My garden isnt that big, so a nova is more practical in all fairness:pi can cut it in half:)

ste porter
i proudly admit nova owner ship and quite frankly dont give a **** what anybody says or thinks lol

thats the spirit but have you honestly never found yourself in a position where you feel slightly uncomftable telling some one?

Bubba
07-12-10, 05:43 PM
its even better when i tell them its guna be sprayed pink. i get a wtf look

Graeme
Reminiscing is all that normally happens, When I had that red hatch of mine twelve months ago it was always happening to me, sat at traffic lights, waiting for the misses when she had gone in a shop etc. I think that seeing one makes people realise that you just don't see them anymore, not day to day anyway, this normally leads to them feeling old lol

ste porter
merris why dig for a reaction in every thread?

bainyboy sr
07-12-10, 05:44 PM
Gay Thread

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:45 PM
I think that seeing one makes people realise that you just don't see them anymore, not day to day anyway

Which is another reason i love old skool cars and was soo happy to shift my vectra on and get my Cav SRi, older/rarer cars that were the everyday cars ten or so years back, turn heads everywhere now its ace:d

Gay Thread

Explain...?

Alex J
thats the spirit but have you honestly never found yourself in a position where you feel slightly uncomftable telling some one?people say im a chav and idiot for still having and one, they are right, just cant afford a decent car, so 80s rot box ****ters it islol

MK999
Gay Thread

True, we should all be proud because a redtop is faster than a Ferrari FXX yo

mowgli
07-12-10, 05:46 PM
its even better when i tell them its guna be sprayed pink. i get a wtf look

a girl nova owner appeared on here once, and was on about her car & she said she had big plans for it, i said ' please don't go & paint it pink with all those awful playboy bunny type things etc....' she never appeared on the forum again.

mowgli
07-12-10, 05:47 PM

it is on the road, anyway:thumb:

Graeme

Until the 'floating' afpr breaks free and turns it into a fireball

ste porter
a girl nova owner appeared on here once, and was on about her car & she said she had big plans for it, i said ' please don't go & paint it pink with all those awful playboy bunny type things etc....' she never appeared on the forum again.

pmsl sounds about right

bainyboy sr
07-12-10, 05:48 PM
True iam gay

wow

MK999
07-12-10, 05:48 PM
Lol at the people defending the Nova against an FXX, yeah **** it I'd swap my FXX for a Nova anyday, it's not road legal and it might need a strengthened CF plate to fix an AFPR issue lol

edit: Bainyboy, fancy a bum?

Spudly
07-12-10, 05:49 PM
wow

See my reply to you in the other active thread!

dougie_boi
I tell everyone, even show them the pics on my phone like its my child lol get a good reaction off most.lol same i thought i was the only one who does things like that lol

Alex J
merris why dig for a reaction in every thread?because im a ASW

dougie_boi
07-12-10, 05:52 PM
because im a ASW flol

bainyboy sr
07-12-10, 05:52 PM
edit: Bainyboy, fancy a bum?[/quote]

yep :thumb:

MK999
07-12-10, 05:53 PM
You're coming down here, I'm not that desperate.

Oh and bring a small block 8v, don't want you breaking down on the way.

mowgli
07-12-10, 05:53 PM
Lol at the people defending the Nova against an FXX, yeah **** it I'd swap my FXX for a Nova anyday, it's not road legal and it might need a strengthened CF plate to fix an AFPR issue lol

edit: Bainyboy, fancy a bum?

mk999, i stand by my comment about an xe nova being faster on the road than an FXX, simply because the FXX is not a road legal car.....

bainyboy sr
07-12-10, 05:54 PM
You're coming down here, I'm not that desperate.

Oh and bring a small block 8v, don't want you breaking down on the way.

sorry i blew the last small block 8v i had up lol

MK999
07-12-10, 05:56 PM
mk999, i stand by my comment about an xe nova being faster on the road than an FXX, simply because the FXX is not a road legal car.....

It's hardly a defence against a purpose built car when bainy is trying to justify the XE as a supercar in disguise though. "Might beat my time on a track by a day but it's not road legal" is hardly gonna phase the smug ferrari owner in front of you lol

Bubba
07-12-10, 05:58 PM
It's hardly a defence against a purpose built car when bainy is trying to justify the XE as a supercar in disguise though. "Might beat my time on a track by a day but it's not road legal" is hardly gonna phase the smug ferrari owner in front of you lol

no, but ramming one off the track and you having to pay 50quid for a new wing is more than worth it lol lol

sod the ferrari driver, if hes dumb enough to buy one he should expect to fix it

dave watson
07-12-10, 05:59 PM
There was a thread, but no fooker wanted anything off it so its still in my garden going back to nature:p

ooh i thought it had went so is it gonna see the road again?

bainyboy sr
07-12-10, 05:59 PM
sorry in my defence i have never once said an xe nova is a supercar in disguise we are now spamming let it end and get back on topic

Andy
07-12-10, 06:02 PM
Yeah,im not embarassed or ashamed of them.
Excellent fun once fettled with

johnny_turbo
07-12-10, 06:02 PM
i always admit i drive 1, i dont care what people think its there choice.

Andy
07-12-10, 06:05 PM
I dont rip anyone for the car they drive,actually thats not true-Subaru drivers ARE always known for wearing the "subaru world rally team" jackets.Me and spud just love loling at those who think cos they own a subaru,with a team hat scarf and jacket,that they are in fact,rally drivers!!

Rich
07-12-10, 06:05 PM
Next question, how do you answer this one..?

How much have you spent on it? why dont you just get a new car lol

Dont like talking money, it makes you think too much about the truth !

MK999
07-12-10, 06:07 PM
So far, not including general maintenance etc I think around £1700 in 4 years on 3 cars... so not that bad tbh lol

Spudly
07-12-10, 06:08 PM
I dont rip anyone for the car they drive,actually thats not true-Subaru drivers ARE always known for wearing the "subaru world rally team" jackets.Me and spud just love loling at those who think cos they own a subaru,with a team hat scarf and jacket,that they are in fact,rally drivers!!

Ow hoi, oim a ralley droiyver, and oi droiyve a soo-baarooh lol

Rich
07-12-10, 06:17 PM
I meant when your out at the pub and someone questions it

Not actually post up how much you have spent lol

I hate it, makes me feel stupid for spending it on an old car.

phazer
07-12-10, 06:19 PM
Never not "admitted" to it but had a variety of piss takes over the years. It got better when it stopped being the daily driver and now that I've had it for 13 years people know it's an interest etc

Job interview/business meetings can be interesting. You tend to get an odd reaction, being into cars you often get asked if you've got a weekender....tell them it's a nova and they don't know what to say lol telling them about the engine bits and bobs seems to always seems to spark interest and a conversation.

Best bit was buying the new daily, the guy could tell I was into cars and asked about what I've had/got. When I told him I had a modified Nova, he was off. He had an Astra GTE years ago. Was kind of weird to be surrounded by oodles of quids worth of German gear and the sales guy getting off on a chat about old vauxhalls :thumb:

Joe Richardson
07-12-10, 06:22 PM
I always get knocked for owning a nova,at work is where i get the most stick,because there all loved up with german taxis ( Audi) where i work .

I will tell anyone i own a nova and wont be bothered with what they say,most older people i talk to who own fords rs's ect..love them to be fair and always say i used to own one or my mates did,or used to watch them on the rallying ect :thumb:

ste porter
07-12-10, 06:24 PM
agree with rich you have all seen my project threads i realy hate those questions and i think to be honest its because i cant even justify it to myself any more

Graeme
07-12-10, 06:27 PM
I also try not to add it up, friends try to and say your mad, but its better than spending it on beer or prozzies lol

Alex J
07-12-10, 06:39 PM
I also try not to add it up, friends try to and say your mad, but its better to spend it on beer or prozzies loledited for truthlol

Yorkie
07-12-10, 06:58 PM
I do, the ones that ask tend to seem impressed when i tell them i drive a nova. One of the Dads at the nursery i work at loves it! .... Then theres people who have asked me and iv told them and got the reply, "whats that then" AKA stupid people.

Poeple look when i drive by where a in my old fiesta people would laugh... understandeble for the fiesta but im surprised at the reaction to me nova.

Yorkie
07-12-10, 07:00 PM
Next question, how do you answer this one..?

How much have you spent on it? why dont you just get a new car lol

Dont like talking money, it makes you think too much about the truth !

Proud to be different :) not spent much

dj_wudgey
07-12-10, 07:01 PM
i love letting people know i drive a nova!! its my pride and joy!!

vauxluva
07-12-10, 07:19 PM
i love letting people know i drive a nova!! its my pride and joy!!
My mate,s think im mad i sold my e36 for the sr all my mates are taking the mick but i love her lol each to there own ?lol . I always say what i drive why lie?:confused:

dj_wudgey
07-12-10, 07:20 PM
pics off the sr matey!! sr kick ass by the way lol

Bubba
07-12-10, 07:22 PM
i spent more gettin mine back to cornwall than i did on buying it AND making it look how it did

dougie_boi
07-12-10, 07:23 PM
My mate,s think im mad i sold my e36 for the sr all my mates are taking the mick but i love her lol each to there own ?lol . I always say what i drive why lie?:confused:i sold my e36 325i m3 rep then went out and spotted a 1.2 e reg nova thought im having that and bought it and loved it never gave a thought to the bmw lol

dj_wudgey
07-12-10, 07:24 PM
i spent enough getting mine from cornwall and bringing it to good old yorkshire but that was nearly 6 years back now lol

Benn
07-12-10, 07:28 PM
I always say i drive one... Funk them.

My car is my own, theirs are normally on credit.
I pay for everything i do up front with my money, they put it on plastic..

My car owes me nothing. Theirs are costing them every day on interest.

Who's the fool?

Spudly
07-12-10, 07:29 PM
I always say i drive one... Funk them.

My car is my own, theirs are normal on credit.
I pay for everything i do up front with my money, they put it on plastic..

Who's the fool?

Ive used that line before on a lad in a Fiesta ST i think it was, was laughing at me for being in a nova, i said it might be cheap and cheerful, but its bought and paid for and would dust his sorry ass on the twisties 'Finance Boy' to which his lass nearly wet herself laughing:p

vauxluva
07-12-10, 07:33 PM
pics off the sr matey!! sr kick ass by the way lol A current pik would make you cringe its taken a winter beating.......just been and bought some more paint pix will be up after xmas :thumb:

dj_wudgey
07-12-10, 07:37 PM
yea get it sorted matey standard sr's looks ftw!!!

Mike
07-12-10, 07:39 PM
I prefer to admit I owned a nova then say I own a couple of corsa's an a couple of vans :s

Dave.
07-12-10, 07:54 PM
I love driving mine! Gets alot of attention for all the right reasons

If anyone asks, i just say its a valver, but im running it in so cant rag it, instant street cred lol

Pistol Pete
07-12-10, 07:55 PM
I went to an Evo meet with my mate the other week. I was praying nobody asked what i drove. God knows why. I guess its the age old stigma thats attached to them.

On the flip side i went to get a quote for getting my wheels refurbed, when he asked what they were for i told him, oh a Nova....not your usual chavved up car park racer mind. He laughed. Not sure if it was with me or at me lol.

General Baxter
07-12-10, 07:57 PM
at you not with you lol

Nova_Tek
07-12-10, 07:57 PM
Don't give a monkeys t*ss about what people think. Whoever asks me what I drive I tell 'em, don't care.

At the end of the day, whatever they drive the LET will take 'em lol

Pistol Pete
07-12-10, 07:59 PM
at you not with you lol

lol cnut.

dj_wudgey
07-12-10, 08:00 PM
I love driving mine! Gets alot of attention for all the right reasons

If anyone asks, i just say its a valver, but im running it in so cant rag it, instant street cred lol

i get the same people stoping me to talk about it ect ect!! ive even been pulled over by a copper who stoped me to check it was mine a year or two back!! but then he didnt exactly radio much through and seemed to have a very good look around her as i leave he says she's very nice for her age isnt she very tidy lol

i love showing my nova off she gets loads off attention lol

steviegsi
07-12-10, 08:33 PM
I always tell people what I drive. Although when the nova Gsi was my daily the reactions weren't as bad as now , when they ask what I have and I say, a gte nova a Gsi nova a 1.2 shell (none of which work lol) and a Gsi astra..... Why don't you take finance an get something decent? Emm.... Because anything built after 2000/01 (with a few exceptions) is a horrible eurobox that everyone else drives, and will cost an absolute fortune to fix WHEN it shats itself.

In work last night a fella shook his head in pity when the astra key wouldn't turn ( slightly bent key) . He then proceeded to tell me that vauxhalls were ****, and I should buy a bm. 1 year ago he bought an e39 530i touring for 7000. He asked me recently if I knew anyone that would give him 3500 for it. I paid 1000 for the astra gsi, in one year there is something seriously wrong if it isn't worth the same

John
07-12-10, 08:38 PM
I always tell people i have/drive one.

Lynsey
07-12-10, 08:58 PM
I always have to think for a minute when someone asks what car I drive, so bloody many that I forget what I'm in sometimes! I'm more than happy to admit that I've got two Novas :thumb:

If I wanted to get financed up to the eyeballs for a (yawn) new motor, I would... But where would the fun be in that?

The lads at work like to have a mickey on me for lil' China but when I look down the line of motors outside I feel proud :)

TeddyThom
07-12-10, 08:59 PM
Kinda hard to miss what I drive, seeing as it looks like sh!t and goes even worse lol

Nova_Tek
07-12-10, 09:02 PM
The old 'why don't you get something decent' phrase. I know a few people from work that have the BMW Mini, Peugeot Convertible and Cooper S convertible and they've had far more problems than the Nova.

I tell them to get something more reliable... like a Nova lol

Bubba
07-12-10, 09:05 PM
The old 'why don't you get something decent' phrase. I know a few people from work that have the BMW Mini, Peugeot Convertible and Cooper S convertible and they've had far more problems than the Nova.

I tell them to get something more reliable... like a Nova lol

prezactly! i just tell them show me your car when its 25 years old...and tell me it will be in as good condition

dj_wudgey
07-12-10, 10:07 PM
im the same bubba i allways drop the wont be as reliable as my car when its 22 lol

Danny s-p
08-12-10, 12:32 AM
i love telling peeps i have one. when i was sat on my training day the ask what car i have i said i own a nova GTE am restoring and drive a new shape astra sri. after i had mentioned the nova i had about 5 peeps ask all sorts about it and it was like the astra had just flew strait over there head 's. i always get asked after were can they look to get one as they wood love one again i just send them here of ebay.

Hayley
08-12-10, 12:55 AM
Jack came to pick me up from work (Police HQ) once in the baby blue bandit and I had people looking out the windows asking what the hell it was that was sat outside slowely rattling itself to pieces. poot poot. lol

Id love to get one if I had enough money/spare room. Id get a nice salooooon. Ive had 6 cars in 6 years and my favourite was always my very 1st car which was a likkle 1.1 beige fiesta. Something about older cars that give them more character than new ones.

I do remember having a conversation with Jack once about him picking which car to turn up in on our 1st date.
(he picked the Celica) :p

Jack
08-12-10, 10:32 AM
would that be the conversation that went along the lines of

Me: would you have gone for another date if i turned up in the nova?
You: no
Me: thought not

Spudly
08-12-10, 10:34 AM
Id love to get one if I had enough money/spare room. Id get a nice salooooon. Ive had 6 cars in 6 years and my favourite was always my very 1st car which was a likkle 1.1 beige fiesta. Something about older cars that give them more character than new ones.

That would be the fact that youre actually driving a car as opposed to pressing buttons and going along for the ride as you do with a new car lol

I do remember having a conversation with Jack once about him picking which car to turn up in on our 1st date.
(he picked the Celica):p

Lol would that be when he ordered the mixed grill then :p

but when I look down the line of motors outside I feel proud :)

Im like that, obviously i dont drive a nova anymore but when i look down the long line of cars outside my house, ranging from brand new to about ten years or so old, nothing stands out, whereas when you cast your eyes over my seventeen year old Cav SRi, im the only one down the street with an old skool car and its the only one that stands out (usually as its the cleanest lol)

RossRog
08-12-10, 11:09 AM
when i was in my saloon i always got

"if you have to have a nova why don't you get a normal one, not one a granny would have"

Jack
08-12-10, 12:28 PM
Lol would that be when he ordered the mixed grill then :p
Yep. I thought "I'll have something small and not pigmyfaceout, something light OH MIXED GRILLNOMNOMNOMNOM". Whoops lol

Connor
08-12-10, 12:56 PM
I have no shame when admitting when i say i drive a nova lol
Think it suits me, as my mates say they couldnt see me driving nothing else

moffat
08-12-10, 01:03 PM
i admit i drive a nova, doesnt bother me if folk laugh. plenty novas around my area anyway

dougie_boi
08-12-10, 01:40 PM
funk them all lol

burgo
08-12-10, 09:41 PM
i always admit to owning my novas and show the pics off as often as i can and i honestly cant remember the last time i got a negative comment.

dj_wudgey
08-12-10, 10:36 PM
i dont really get negative comments either dude most people love them i found!! my mates take the piss but they like her really lol

GaVlAr
08-12-10, 10:42 PM
i think it's brill owning a nova & you always get a thumbs up when you see other nova's on the road.

(i promise its not the middle finger) lol

wwmnw
08-12-10, 11:02 PM
I often tell people I drive a Nova, most people say "A Nova!?! I aint seen one of them in ages" and ask more details about it then tell me their mother/dad/brother/gran had one years ago.

A while ago I picked up some mates from a pub and a guy came up to me and was saying "Wow I used to have a few of these, GSi's GTE's SR's" and asked if he could take a pic of mine, no idea why he wanted a pic as it had more holes than a tea bag lol.

Edit: I also always say new cars have no character (which most don't) but I love driving a mates Insignia estate and the 56 reg (I think) Vectra estate he had before was nice to drive too, both cars have had a small block 16v in the back and still pulled like a train, Insignia is much nicer to drive though, I love it.

dj_wudgey
08-12-10, 11:05 PM
lol more hole's than a tea bag lol