PDA

View Full Version : the "i hate snow" thread

Alex J
06-12-10, 08:20 AM
just got back from euro disney, had to dig my way there and back, was thinking it would be gone by the time i got back, FAIL:mad: . its worse than it was before i went, and i cant go to work either because all the water is frozen!!! and my phone has broken:mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!! I HATE SNOW!!! please feel free to rant aswell.....

mowgli
06-12-10, 08:51 AM
you need a better shovel..... they changed it to disneyland paris in 1994.........

i wasn't impressed with the place.. we were sat in a restaurant and a sodding great mouse ran through the place

seriously, the snow is so last week.... all ours went by saturday

Alex J
06-12-10, 08:56 AM
you need a better shovel..... they changed it to disneyland paris in 1994.........

i wasn't impressed with the place.. we were sat in a restaurant and a sodding great mouse ran through the place

seriously, the snow is so last week.... all ours went by saturdayi was impressed with our hotel, no mouse, and the food was very nice, but mrs merris knows how to shop:eek: , at the end of the day i loved disneyland when i was very young, so we thought it was only fair to take my little one, i also thought french roads are better than ours, and it was the first time driving across the water, (they also had kfc, maccy ds, and starbucks coffee, so i was sortedlol )..

Jack
06-12-10, 09:12 AM
European roads are way better than ours.

Snow is all long gone here. I'm hoping its all gone from London village way as I'm off there tonight for a week, I'd rather the train got there than fell off the rails due to a little bit of frozen water lol

mowgli
06-12-10, 09:20 AM
i was impressed with our hotel, no mouse, and the food was very nice, but mrs merris knows how to shop:eek: , at the end of the day i loved disneyland when i was very young, so we thought it was only fair to take my little one, i also thought french roads are better than ours, and it was the first time driving across the water, (they also had kfc, maccy ds, and starbucks coffee, so i was sortedlol )..

this one i saw had a suit & a top hat on & was waving at everyone, the cheeky sod even signed autographs...

Stuart
06-12-10, 09:30 AM
snow is all gone here too.... and I'm in Essex at the moment. Merris piper fail :p

Hoochie
06-12-10, 09:35 AM
No snow here either...it all washed away on friday night!!

steviegsi
06-12-10, 09:48 AM
Weve still got last weeks snow lying. That plus -8 last night and -6 the night before makes for bad roads.

Also a coolant pipe on the astra has decided to split , pissin £20s worth of fresh antifreeze out of it in the process.

Working with a couple of knob heads who spend 12 hour night shifts singing/whistling christmas songs all night and wishing for more snow 'because it's brilliant' doesn't help my mood much either.

I f*cking hate winter. Even rain would be better than this miserable bollox.

Edd
06-12-10, 10:25 AM
Moaning merris again :d

Never had any snow here

mk1nova_rich
06-12-10, 10:30 AM
hasnt snowed here since wednesday but its been really cold since so now we just have ice on all the paths and side roads. I dont mind snow, just ice is dangerous as i found out last winter when i spent 3 months off work with a fractured and dislocated ankle :(

88ESR
06-12-10, 11:05 AM
Main roads are clear around here..

Estates and other roads are solid ice..

No snow for 3 days and by all accounts we are in for +6 degrees by the weekend..

Best new though...

...the schools are OPEN!

dj_wudgey
06-12-10, 12:09 PM
loads off snow here still and it sucks balls!! i f*cking hate snow its just as bad as rain!!

Spudly
06-12-10, 12:23 PM
Went past Donny last night on the A1/M18 and tbf from what i saw weve actually got it worse than you, its not getting warm enough to melt ours so its staying put, least a foot or so everywhere round here, im proper shocked as we never get this much, for this long!

L14MNP
06-12-10, 01:15 PM
lol @ the suvveners reportign the snow has now gone. Not quite!

Drifts the height of my mates car up in t'moors last night. Still a foot deep in the garden etc. It's still far too cold up here to disappear.

What will the media **** over now that your minor dusting has melted away I wonder! lol

Hobbit
06-12-10, 01:22 PM
Having been "up norf" this weekend I can confirm we know nothing of snow down here lol

Jack
06-12-10, 02:30 PM
What will the media **** over now that your minor dusting has melted away I wonder! lol
Jog on, all we hear about is how the country's infrastructure has failed due to a bit of snow... which appears to have only affected the Norf to any great extent, its still on the news now :p

L14MNP
06-12-10, 02:33 PM
Yeah, cos it is the North with the frozen rail lines and fools sleeping on the motorway isn't it(!) :p It's still on the news now because this amount of snowfall is a big deal. Imagine if it were to have happened to all the soft southeners! The way it's reported you'd think it had. lol. I see Merris is moaning too. Essex has snow?! lol

Here and further north/Jockland have been literally hammered and everything keeps on moving. :)

You will note the more snow people have, the less they moan (on here) IMO.

Man up!

Alex J
06-12-10, 03:11 PM
Drifts the height of my mates car up in t'moors last night. Still a foot deep in the garden etc. pictures, or you is ..
http://carlosanastacio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/pinocchioDisney1.jpg

L14MNP
06-12-10, 03:21 PM
I'm Pinnochio then. Never took any. The snow was -33 though. :)

Alex J
06-12-10, 03:28 PM
I'm Pinnochio then. Never took any. The snow was -33 though. :)no picture = ...
http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2009/04/fail-owned-audi-chess-fail.jpg

L14MNP
06-12-10, 04:03 PM
Sure. I need not take pics. I'm sick of the sight of the stuff! lol

7ova
07-12-10, 10:47 PM
i love the snow :p

i get paid lots of extra money
to drive a big yellow gritter around doncaster
and try and clear the roads.
"i did say try"

MORE SNOW = MORE MONEY

steviegsi
07-12-10, 11:23 PM
MORE SNOW = MORE MONEY

= " mo' problems apparently .......
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww129/CSMITH_2009/big.jpg

Lee
07-12-10, 11:41 PM
We don't have snow up here, everything is covered in solid ice. its bloody murder! i've fallen over twice lol

Hobbit
07-12-10, 11:51 PM
More snow please, got the mega back so I'm ready for play time :d Just hope the two cans of stop leak holds back the water feature aka one of my head gaskets, till my new investment turns up :cool:

Hayley
08-12-10, 01:00 AM
I had to scrape off a layer of ice from the inside of my windscreen the other day! not impressed
:wtf:

Spudly
08-12-10, 10:30 AM
Looking out of the window from when i just got up, there is a fresh inch of snow over the cav and a load just started to fall again, we still havent shifted the foot or so we had from two weeks back, looks like were in for a white christmas for once:eek:

Hoochie
08-12-10, 10:57 AM
I had to scrape off a layer of ice from the inside of my windscreen the other day! not impressed
:wtf:

Sturge had to do that last night when he was finished work(was -15 at 5.45pm), i love the snow it's so pretty but the piggin ice is another thing!!
I hate it.... it was still -8 at 10am this morning and the roads( where the gritters don't bother with are just sheet ice.... Grrrrrr

John
08-12-10, 11:29 AM
I love the snow, but i walked my daughter to school this morning, and to say the pavements are lethal is an understatement! There's about 2 inches of solid compacted ice everywhere, and no sign of it thawing soon.

Jack
08-12-10, 12:27 PM
I was told t'other day by someoneatwork OH FFS NOT ANOTHER BROKEN SPACEBAR

Anyway. Told that some weather guy had predicted the coldsnap returning next week, apparently the guyhad accurately predicted the lastcoldsnap we had (Jan/feb time iirc) soissupposed to be quite reliable.

We'll see. White Christmas wouldbenice!

mowgli
08-12-10, 12:36 PM
/\ someone at work has simply been paying attention to the bbc country file weather reports..... cos the rest of us outdoor types knew its meant to be thawing a bit this weekend & then freezing down again last sunday.....

16v Nova Kev
08-12-10, 06:27 PM
i hate it this is the road down to my house.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/16vnovakev/08122010425.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/16vnovakev/08122010426.jpg

corsapowerr
08-12-10, 07:12 PM
i used to like snow haha that was untili recentlypassed my test :):)now i hate it :lol: