PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with car up on axle stands with engine in test something for me?

Lee H
04-12-10, 06:39 PM
Can you turn one of the driven wheels and see what direction the other wheel goes in both in a gear and in neutral.

Let me know if the if the other wheel goes in the same direction or opposite under both circumstances.

Preferably need this on a car that doesn't have an LSD fitted.

Rep for anyone who can do this for me.

Cheers

AlexW
04-12-10, 06:42 PM
In both cases the wheel would turn the opposite way?

Mike
04-12-10, 06:48 PM
Opposite way if no aftermarket diff is fitted.

Lee H
04-12-10, 06:51 PM
My Nova has a Quaife in and in neutral wheels go the same way, in gear they go the opposite way. The new MR2 I have just bought is meant to have an LSD and that behaves the same as the Nova so just wanted to see if this was conclusive.

Can't take the car out to test as it's a breaker (no tax, mot or insurance) so want to know before I bother swapping it onto my other car.

AlexW
04-12-10, 06:54 PM
Sounds perfectly right.

L33 LEG
04-12-10, 07:09 PM
Sounds right to me aswell, my car turns in opposite ways as it used to stump me when trying to fix a problem it had lol

MattBrown
05-12-10, 01:32 PM
Thats definately right lee.

Anways, why the fooks it on stands now? Is it brokedd?

Lee H
05-12-10, 04:16 PM
Thats definately right lee.

Anways, why the fooks it on stands now? Is it brokedd?

It isn't on stands at the moment, just remember from when I last had the gearbox off.

Tested the other MR2 today and they go opposite ways so no LSD in that one. Means I have the fun job of swapping the boxes over during winter now!

Rick Draper
05-12-10, 04:57 PM
Should be exciting for you!

Graeme
05-12-10, 05:02 PM
I thought you'd of been looking forward to the task