PDA

View Full Version : transit help

nova danny1
03-12-10, 06:01 PM
hi i've got a transit 2.5 di on a N reg and it's smoking really bad and when you rev it slightly it splutters anyone got any ideas?
Thanks,Danny

peter71
03-12-10, 07:18 PM
what colour of smoke, may be water in the fuel.

Damo
03-12-10, 07:32 PM
Its a transit end of!

Seriously is it the banana engine? if so every one ive seen smokes.

C612DNM
03-12-10, 07:48 PM
Probably wants injectors and a pump. All available exchange.
Dirty nasty noisy horrid engines that seem to go on for ever and ever!!

comptoncj
03-12-10, 08:02 PM
Smokes when its cold or all the time? The pumps play up on them but they normally have trouble starting too. when did it last have the fuel filter changed? is the pump timing correct?

nova danny1
03-12-10, 08:55 PM
right the colour of the smoke is black so i know it's got to be something to do with the fuel side of things,yes it's the bannana engine but it should'nt smoke no where near this bad you can only just see behind when your driving,it smokes all the time hot or cold,it had a service a couple of months ago with all filters changed,it's looks like it's had a new or recon'd pump put on it?how do you adjust timing on them? only just bought it so don't really know whats been messed with:tard:

Rickyb
04-12-10, 01:03 PM
dont start messing with the pump it wants injectors mine did it just before it got wrote off i would all most put money on it that its injectors il tell you how to tell go out to it start it, so its just ticking over, get a 17mm spanner undo the top of the injector pipe on number1 listen to see if it dies down then tighten it back up then go threw each one the one or two that it dont make any difference to is/are the ones that want changing but you'd probably be best having a set in it.
honestly dont mess with the timing or the pump do what ive said first.
then post on here to let us know what happens.
rick