PDA

View Full Version : Lost Motivation?

Andy
02-12-10, 07:29 PM
Who has lost their motivation since the snow has been around,my fridge freezer is in my garage and its that cold in my garage i put my hands in the fridge the other day to keep warm lol
Seriously though,i just feel as though ive got no motivation to go out to do summat on my nova.The roof is leaking bad because of all the snow on the roof which has depressed me muchly.
I really feel for those who dont have garages/lockups etc,as days are limited to do stuff over winter

draper
02-12-10, 07:31 PM
i lost my motivation about 6months ago, its even been painted now and i still cant really be bothered lol

mines more to do with no spare money atm i think tho, the weather doesnt bother to much

comptoncj
02-12-10, 07:33 PM
I was going to work on the nova tonight but it involved getting my dads mexico out of the workshop, lighting the fire, probs dcefrosting the air line and then i went to the nova when i got home from work and the battery was flat so i thought it could wait till saturday morning! lol

Edd
02-12-10, 07:34 PM
lol I feel the same and there's no snow here lol

Working on the nova should be fun so until it warms up I'll stick to F1 2010 and need for speed hot pursuit lol

Spudly
02-12-10, 07:34 PM
I lost my motivation when i saw all the holes and nasties in my shell lol

Got motivation back for the old cavs when i bought my SRi though:d

gary_126
02-12-10, 07:39 PM
Yep, my projects are complete, and nova garaged away long term.

My week old HID's on the van packed in, so i took the car the rest of the week rather than changing them, lol.

No motivation to do anything, even watching tv is a chore. Spend HOURS last night looking at cars for sale... and kept comming back to novas (there an addiction :( )

Andy
02-12-10, 07:40 PM
i lost my motivation about 6months ago, its even been painted now and i still cant really be bothered lol

mines more to do with no spare money atm i think tho, the weather doesnt bother to much
Yeah mines alot to do with money also,although it doesnt need much its just finding that spare little bit when loads of bills/xmas to pay:(

Rickardo
02-12-10, 07:41 PM
Saturday, just gone.

Did some work on both cars,

Jetta,

Oil pump
Sump gasket
Oil filter
Fresh oil
Plugs
Leads
Rotor arm
Dizzy cap

Trevor

New clutch cable.

Lee H, Si Walker, my bro in law and me all mincing about. -1.-4 all day.

On Sunday, upto Si Walkers to do his wishbone and then upto Lee's to rip his engine out of his Mr2.

Us NW lads have loads of motivation.

dj_wudgey
02-12-10, 07:42 PM
Who has lost their motivation since the snow has been around,my fridge freezer is in my garage and its that cold in my garage i put my hands in the fridge the other day to keep warm lol
Seriously though,i just feel as though ive got no motivation to go out to do summat on my nova.The roof is leaking bad because of all the snow on the roof which has depressed me muchly.
I really feel for those who dont have garages/lockups etc,as days are limited to do stuff over winter

i couldnt do anything as i havent got a garage but if i had a garage id be out working on it!! i have motivation but just cant do anything on it!!

Rich
02-12-10, 07:42 PM
mines been painted since about june i think, still no motivation lol

Andy
02-12-10, 07:45 PM
I think some are confusing lack of motivation with just downright laziness lol

Pistol Pete
02-12-10, 07:56 PM
Would have to agree with you Andy. I replied to the saturday morning thread a while back saying it was too cold to work on the Neva. Went anyway, minced and came home! TBH im kind of at a dead end anyway till my roof lining is made. I best get on and make it lol

Southie
02-12-10, 07:56 PM
My cars been sat on the drive for 2 weeks now and is covered with snow, just been out to start it now that was motivation lol

L14MNP
02-12-10, 09:14 PM
I have been doing bits and pieces. I have the motivation. Mostly because I want to use this car in the good weather and my garage is like a sweatbox come the sunny days. I wanna be back on the road then.

I don't have the motivation to order the bits and pieces I need though.

I do like not having to care about the daily though, and it's doing me proud! I have to monster truck over at least 12/14" snow in front/all around the little Seicento and it just laughs at it! Were this machine getting stuck/being a tw@t then I think my motivation would be down.

I have concerns about the garage roof tbh. if that comes in then I will be back to this thread. lol The side guttering was avalanched off before. Took the facias with it. Nice.

Andy
02-12-10, 09:17 PM
My roof is the main thing that depresses me the most.Lack of cash is holding me back.I tried bitumen painting it,as a hobo option just to stretch through winter.I reckon it could come in at some point as the asbestos sheet is cracked

16v Nova Kev
02-12-10, 09:20 PM
I think some are confusing lack of motivation with just downright laziness lol

i think depression just makes it worse:(

bmw156
02-12-10, 09:21 PM
im lacking motivation on the chevette at the mo,

i have bunched up alot of tasks to do next week as im off. but with the current weather and no shelter it will be difficult

and im at the stage where i need to do some bigger tasks and i really CBA

AlexW
02-12-10, 09:29 PM
I've only got a couple of little things to do on the car, might get around to doing them, but i can't see the car back on the road until the new year.

The other project I'm doing is slowly getting worked on but I'm waiting on a load of parts so not much i can do there.

I really need to do a oil change on the car but i cba, even tho i can borrow works ramp etc. Really need to clean it too :S

Southie
02-12-10, 10:20 PM
This is mine btw, so much for the snowplough lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/c1b09c5b.jpg

burgo
02-12-10, 10:32 PM
i dont think i've ever had motivation, hence why the blue saloon has been garaged for 3 years lol

Rich
02-12-10, 10:38 PM
saying it was too cold to work on the Neva

Thats what i call mine, the neva turbo lol

grooge
02-12-10, 10:46 PM
i have no motivation to work on the nova buried in the snow.
i do want to work on my motorbike though. but its in my lockup which i cant get in to because of the snow. i have a car parked in front of it with a flat battery and i cant get another car down the lane to jump it with. even if i carried a battery down i'd have to dig around the car before it would move. i'd have lost all motivation to work before i even get in the garage door!

I WILL do it at the weekend though. maybe.

bazil
02-12-10, 10:50 PM
i cant even be arssed to finish a bloody snowman lol lol

BRoadGhost
03-12-10, 09:18 AM
You could start with a snow penguin

D8MOF
05-12-10, 09:43 PM
lost mine when i had to sell the LET,coilovers,wheels,buckets,cage and brakes to pay for a house move.....:-( ive still got the shell at least ;-) buildit back up i will !!!!!

Andy
05-12-10, 09:49 PM
well i made the 1st steps in starting again today lol
I cleared around a ton of snow away from the garage,pushed the nova out,then totally blitzed my garage.Filled up several bags with absolute trash that ive no idea why i kept hold of!!!
Now the nova is back in and its tidy now and i know where everything is.Roof still leaking though :(
Im going to crack on this week,got a good feeling for it again :)

Edd
05-12-10, 10:05 PM
Nice one !

A few parts turned up yesterday so i have some motivation back as well, I'm a bit lame really cause there's not even been snow here lol

dj_wudgey
05-12-10, 10:50 PM
wish there wasnt snow here id lve a garage so i could get stuck in to my sr and get her done!!

Bubba
05-12-10, 10:54 PM
mines in a barn with no electric, a leaky roof and no main door...and its dark when i finish work.

ill start again in may lol

draper
05-12-10, 11:04 PM
mines being shut away in my lock-up while i sort a house out early next year, and do the forever growing list of jobs to do the vectra

dj_wudgey
05-12-10, 11:56 PM
mines in a barn with no electric, a leaky roof and no main door...and its dark when i finish work.

ill start again in may lol

at least you got some where to put it and work on it!! i have a drive lol