PDA

View Full Version : Talbot Samba Wanted

novarally
02-12-10, 12:26 PM
Most people on here probably won't even know what they are.......

But I'll stick up a 'WANTED' post anyway, just in case anybody happens to know of one languishing in a driveway, garage or barn somewhere?

I've owned a fair number of them over the years, and fancy getting hold of another one to play with.

E-mail me;

colinesmith@aol.com

88ESR
02-12-10, 03:17 PM
Most people on here probably won't even know what they are.......

But I'll stick up a 'WANTED' post anyway, just in case anybody happens to know of one languishing in a driveway, garage or barn somewhere?

I've owned a fair number of them over the years, and fancy getting hold of another one to play with.

E-mail me;

colinesmith@aol.com

Someone else with good retro taste on here!

You looking at a Rallye rep?

novarally
02-12-10, 03:43 PM
Someone else with good retro taste on here!

You looking at a Rallye rep?

A Rallye would be nice, but finding one will be hard work, I've been looking for one for a year or more.

Ideally I'd like to find one that has been competition prepared and is all ready to go.

There's actually a lot of Sambas for sale in France, so if I can't find anything over here I may have to take the trailer and go over with a pile of Euros.

88ESR
02-12-10, 03:48 PM
A Rallye would be nice, but finding one will be hard work, I've been looking for one for a year or more.

Ideally I'd like to find one that has been competition prepared and is all ready to go.

There's actually a lot of Sambas for sale in France, so if I can't find anything over here I may have to take the trailer and go over with a pile of Euros.

One on ebay at the moment..

£1500ish..

novarally
02-12-10, 04:18 PM
One on ebay at the moment..

£1500ish..

The blue/silver one in Devon that's been part prepared for rallying?

It's a car I've known about for a long while, and he's been trying to sell it for most of that time.

I'll certainly be tempted if the price comes down more, but it needs a fair bit of finishing off work, and I'm trying to avoid that (even if it means spending more to start with).

88ESR
02-12-10, 04:25 PM
Was a Rallye went on RR ages ago for around £800..

You may have noticed I've occasionally name checked the Samba as one of my favourites..

There was one in Redcar a few months ago went for pennies..

I talked myself out of it at the last minute and kicked myself later..

LS, went for under £200..

novarally
02-12-10, 04:30 PM
Was a Rallye went on RR ages ago for around £800..

You may have noticed I've occasionally name checked the Samba as one of my favourites..

There was one in Redcar a few months ago went for pennies..

I talked myself out of it at the last minute and kicked myself later..

LS, went for under £200..

That £800 Rallye was in Lincolnshire as well, and I missed out on it. It was a bargain.

I'm kicking myself for selling all of the ones I've had in the past!

I had a Samba 'S' in silver way back in 1989, and it was rusty even then (when it was only 6 years old!). Me and a mate reshelled it into a rally prepared bodyshell, and it was a great little car.

Since then I've had 3 others (including an appalling, but rust-free 954cc base model).

I will get another one!

88ESR
02-12-10, 04:36 PM
That £800 Rallye was in Lincolnshire as well, and I missed out on it. It was a bargain.

I'm kicking myself for selling all of the ones I've had in the past!

I had a Samba 'S' in silver way back in 1989, and it was rusty even then (when it was only 6 years old!). Me and a mate reshelled it into a rally prepared bodyshell, and it was a great little car.

Since then I've had 3 others (including an appalling, but rust-free 954cc base model).

I will get another one!

Samba is on my shortlist of projects..

For now Nova is stilll top but it boils down to what I find first, closest, cheapest, least hassle etc..

It was almost a Yugo Tempo back in the summer!!!

novarally
02-12-10, 04:41 PM
It was almost a Yugo Tempo back in the summer!!!

Now you don't see a Yugo these days.........

88ESR
02-12-10, 05:07 PM
Now you don't see a Yugo these days.........

It was in a scrappy..

Condemed to die (C.O.D) had been issued and they wouldn't/couldn't sell me the whole car..

Shame as I was up for the challenge..

And it WAS a challenge!

I'll keep an eye out for Sambas..

They nearly all seem to be convertibles that come up for sale though...

Citroen LNAs and Peugeot 104s even rarer..