PDA

View Full Version : chaos in lincoln!!!!!!!!

reevie1987
30-11-10, 10:30 PM
set off at 5pm from work today all roads in lincoln was gridlocked once i get out of lincoln its black ice all the way back to bardney and to top it off a lorry has jacknifed and bardney bridge and cant get over it so i had to abandon my car on the roadside and walk a mile back to my house and got covered in snow and i have only just got home so its took a total of 5 and half hours to get home tonight i dont like snow! so im having a beer now because im stressed lol

floydy13
30-11-10, 10:32 PM
what a treat, ive had no snow at all where i am in cornwall, my girlfriends grandad is driving up to lincoln on sunday, hope its better for him!

reevie1987
30-11-10, 10:38 PM
i bet the roads are still gridlocked at this time now

Bubba
30-11-10, 10:47 PM
what a treat, ive had no snow at all where i am in cornwall, my girlfriends grandad is driving up to lincoln on sunday, hope its better for him!

wheres that? only place ive seen is snow free is penzance

Hobbit
01-12-10, 10:59 AM
Callington iirc. Launceston is clear too.

Dom
01-12-10, 11:09 AM
we have had only a cm if that all main roads are clear just the lil side and back lanes are a bit slippy but thats why i got a £150 corsa b ;)

Balley
01-12-10, 12:22 PM
set off at 5pm from work today all roads in lincoln was gridlocked once i get out of lincoln its black ice all the way back to bardney and to top it off a lorry has jacknifed and bardney bridge and cant get over it so i had to abandon my car on the roadside and walk a mile back to my house and got covered in snow and i have only just got home so its took a total of 5 and half hours to get home tonight i dont like snow! so im having a beer now because im stressed lol

Took me 5 hours from west parade - wellingore... I was so pissed off !!

dj_wudgey
01-12-10, 12:48 PM
im at my missis in lincoln aswell and it took me like a hour to get round to asda from birchwood lol!! im a little gutted im not home to get the snow off my sr!! but my mum's just gone and got me another car cover so it looks like its my dads job tonight lol

Bubba
01-12-10, 03:00 PM
Callington iirc. Launceston is clear too.

apparantly according to "reliable" radio stations...we got a shed load of snow comin in...

ive translated it as, it will be coldlol

Pete
01-12-10, 04:55 PM
Road where i live is all black iced. cars are going at minimum speed, 2 lorrys had gone off,1 bus and a few cars from what ive seen, and a tad bit further up the road it goes to a slope and then soon as its at the bottom theres a long hill going back up lol the laughs ive had walking to work since it started snowing lol

floydy13
02-12-10, 10:34 PM
we had a tiny bit of snow that layed this morning, and a few flutters today but nothing major, crap really!

Spudly
02-12-10, 11:18 PM
Its getting as bad as scunny over the puddle in hull now, all busses and trains are cancelled, roads still seem passable to a degree, although i had to take a runup to get my cav down my tenfoot as its not lowered yet still scrapes the top two inches off the snow driving down lol

mowgli
02-12-10, 11:20 PM
i'm so glad i stuck a set of std suspension under my nova for the winter season.

bazil
02-12-10, 11:21 PM
im DRIVING up to aviemore at the weekend to go snowboarding

thats less than 10 miles from CLE's house and we've all seen his pictures lol

Spudly
02-12-10, 11:35 PM
Lol im driving to Porters on sat morning, the humber bridge is apparently closed and scunny/parts of donny are impassable, sleeping bag, spade, flask of tea and a box of sarnys will be coming with me then, along with a full tank of fuel before i set off lol

bazil
02-12-10, 11:39 PM
Lol im driving to Porters on sat morning, the humber bridge is apparently closed and scunny/parts of donny are impassable, sleeping bag, spade, flask of tea and a box of sarnys will be coming with me then, along with a full tank of fuel before i set off lol

pffft im just taking bog roll incase i get caught short lol

Spudly
02-12-10, 11:42 PM
Lmfao now thats not actually a bad idea lol

Jack
03-12-10, 08:10 AM
Its like an ice rink round here this morning on the side roads; all the snow has been compacted and frozen overnight.

all busses and trains are cancelled, roads still seem passable to a degree
So things are back to normal for the Norf then?