PDA

View Full Version : Live For Speed?

BongMong
30-11-10, 01:42 PM
for them who is interested in PC gaming.. http://www.lfs.net/

it isn't the normal crap you find like need for speed.. this is a full on racing simulator.. the standard setup will not win you races.

setup; steering, gear ratio, suspension, tires, weight ect..

English made :) demo car is a swift gti and a old silvia me thinks.

i started off using my keyboard, but had a brain wave and plugged in my xbox control pad :) works a dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvj0iY1Zig

BongMong
30-11-10, 01:50 PM
if anybody watches that video.. can they id the soundtrack please :)

AdamK
30-11-10, 01:54 PM
30 seconds to mars-the kill

Hoochie
30-11-10, 01:55 PM
Backing track is one of my all time favourite choooons.

It is The kill by 30 seconds to mars......... :)

Edited to add..30 seconds to bloody slow!!....

AlexW
30-11-10, 01:57 PM
I used to play LFS a lot, don't so much anymore, Prob wont play it loads until they get off there arses and sort out S3/Rockingham/Scirocco.

PS, its three Germans.

MK999
30-11-10, 02:27 PM
Well Scawen, at least, lives in twickenham, so you can call it english made if you like.

peester
30-11-10, 06:03 PM
I used to play LFS a lot, don't so much anymore, Prob wont play it loads until they get off there arses and sort out S3/Rockingham/Scirocco.

PS, its three Germans.

ditto.. although i had no idea about s3/rockingham/scirocco..
i thought it was french

Mazz
30-11-10, 10:54 PM
do you have to pay for it?

Lee
30-11-10, 11:02 PM
I used to play that a lot. Trouble is, the people who play it online are unbelievably tetchy. if you so much as touch their car going round a corner they go mental and boot you off.

No such thing as rubbins racing on there! The dynamics of the game are fantastic though, still not played a game that comes close to it.

get a wheel, its the only way to play it really.

MK999
30-11-10, 11:09 PM
I used to play that a lot. Trouble is, the people who play it online are unbelievably tetchy. if you so much as touch their car going round a corner they go mental and boot you off.

Depends what crowd you're with really, most of the online servers don't tolerate contact, but most of them also understand whats accidental/avoidable and what isn't. It is frustrating being walloped by someone because of their mistake though, I've lost a good result from someone catching a slide badly, unintentional and he was trying to avoid it but I still had a go at him because it was frustrating at the time. Was racing with friends though, worked it all out on replays. :)

Lee
30-11-10, 11:21 PM
It is frustrating being walloped by someone because of their mistake though.

In real life maybe, not playing a game lol

There is a line between idiots who just try to ruin peoples games by ramming everyrhing, and the odd touch in an overtake. Most of the people I came accross on there didn't seem to fathom the difference. i remember one occasion I outbraked this guy coming into a hairpin, and then he steered into me causing us both to come off the track. I wasn't bothered, but then he started flaming the crap out of me, and convinced the server host to boot me lol. That was the last time i played i think.

I did have a lot of fun on the odd server where the aim WAS to win by any means required though lol. But they were very rare.

MK999
01-12-10, 12:05 AM
Depends, at the time I was racing in a championship between friends and doing pretty well, it was quite competitive lol In my experience most people I raced with had a decent idea of what a 'racing incident' was, all depends who you play with I guess

Iain
01-12-10, 08:41 AM
do you have to pay for it?

Demo is free (few tracks and cars) but S2 'licence' is £20-25 or something like that. Worth it though, lots of cool cars to drive and tinker with their setups.

AlexW
01-12-10, 03:32 PM
£24 :)

As mark said it depends who your playing with, some servers are fine with you pushing you way through providing your not doing full speed ramming into corners. Cant remember any of the servers though as i haven't played for ages.

Agreed it has to be played with a wheel, dont regret spending loads of money first on a g25 and then a g27 lol

MK999
01-12-10, 03:51 PM
Agreed it has to be played with a wheel, dont regret spending loads of money first on a g25 and then a g27 lol

You should, logitech were giving out g27 for warranty replacements on 'faulty' g25's that they never bothered inspecting :p They just request a picture of it either with the plug cut off or smashed up!

AlexW
01-12-10, 04:05 PM
I know, warranty on mine was way out though, i had it not long after they were out and i had a load of mods done to it.