DCOE F8 Idle Jet - size 45 ?1.97
DCOE carburettor replacement main jet, size 120. ?2.97
DCOE Pump Jet - 40 ?3.90

?42.20

SORTED

but what emulsion tubes do i need?

Aragorn
02-06-03, 08:43 PM
im sure i read somwhere the emulsion tubes affect the way that power is delivered and the way the car drives more than the actual fuelling?!

not too sure tho so dont quote me on that

Fester
02-06-03, 09:05 PM
im sure i read somwhere the emulsion tubes affect the way that power is delivered and the way the car drives more than the actual fuelling?!

mikeoxford
02-06-03, 10:49 PM
Emulsion tubes
As the name implies the emulsion tube is where air is mixed with fuel to form an air/fuel emulsion (fuel with lots of little air bubbles in suspension). The vacuum formed in the auxiliary choke draws this emulsion out of the emulsion tube and into the air streaming through the auxiliary choke where it is atomised into the air stream and delivered into the combustion chamber.

The emulsion tube affects the acceleration phase as the main jets are activated. If the emulsion tube size is incorrect the engine will not accelerate cleanly when the main cruise circuit is operating. The effect of changing emulsion tubes can be very subtle to detect. Emulsion tube operation is very sensitive to the fuel level in the float chamber. So you need the right size float valves and closely set floats for the emulsion tubes to work as intended.

Emulsion tubes differ by their internal diameters and the number, size and positions of the side holes. They are complex tubes where "just the right level of emulsification happens here". Their part number reflects the order in which they were developed and not any physical attribute.

The tube sizes are (in order of rich to lean):
F7 (rich), F8, F2, F11, F16, F15, F9 (lean). There are additional sizes.

any takers?