PDA

View Full Version : Driving Examiners

Jack
29-11-10, 11:14 AM
Anyone here a driving examiner?

Apparently there's vacancy/ies at the local DSA office for examiners. Tempting as a side step to stay in the service (as we're currently being bumshunted by a certain aerospace company). Just wondering whats involved in training to be one, what the work is like etc.

Southie
29-11-10, 11:19 AM
Shaun O'Donnell is Jack.

Mazz
29-11-10, 11:20 AM
at least there always going to be a call for it..

http://www.redinstructortraining.com/

Jack
29-11-10, 11:26 AM
I thought he was just an instructor. Groovy

[edit] I'm not talking about being an instructor, the role apparently is purely for testers

Stuart
29-11-10, 11:33 AM
if you come back alive, its a pass lol

Southie
29-11-10, 11:36 AM
I thought he was just an instructor.

Actually, I think your right.

Lee
29-11-10, 01:52 PM
My stepdad is an examiner.

he was an ADI for 5 years though, I wasn't aware you could jump right into being an examiner without ADI experience?

If you can, go for it, but be aware the tests are uber intensive!

mowgli
29-11-10, 01:55 PM
just make sure all those stitches you had are well healed, cos 8 emergency stops a day will give you a right hammering....

Jack
29-11-10, 02:01 PM
My stepdad is an examiner.

he was an ADI for 5 years though, I wasn't aware you could jump right into being an examiner without ADI experience?

If you can, go for it, but be aware the tests are uber intensive!
Thats what I thought, but reading the ad it sounds like they'll provide all the training required.

bmw156
29-11-10, 02:09 PM
Kellys Dad has just become an instructor ( i know your on about a tester)

and he is struggling at the moment, there are 3 tests to get your licence and ifyou fail the last one ( i think) you cant redo it for a certain time.

and TBH do you fancy sitting in a car all day long with 50% of the people retards putting your life at risk lol. i think if i done it, i would play on peoples nerves and make them more nervous :D

Connor
29-11-10, 02:45 PM
i think if i done it, i would play on peoples nerves and make them more nervous :D

evil lol

Jack
29-11-10, 03:36 PM
and he is struggling at the moment, there are 3 tests to get your licence and ifyou fail the last one ( i think) you cant redo it for a certain time.
Thats what I figured. Hm.

and TBH do you fancy sitting in a car all day long with 50% of the people retards putting your life at risk lol.
You would hope that people who take their test have a certain level of skill already... although I know thats not the case these days as kids put in for their test on their 17th birthday and try to cram in a couple months of lessons before it, rather than take it when they're ready.

Mind you, my ex's driving was hopeless (just a reminder, 7 times failed lol), so I suppose it is a risk!

mowgli
29-11-10, 03:38 PM
jack, is this so you can push the seat back & look at teenage girls cleavages all day, or do you have an alterior motive???

Jack
29-11-10, 03:40 PM
Well it was because I didn't want to leave the service, what with our jobs being booted out, but now you mention it I think I've found a better reason to do it lol

mowgli
29-11-10, 03:42 PM
glad to be of service....

so, jack.. .who is going to get flown into warzones to turn computers off & back on now?????

Jack
29-11-10, 03:45 PM
Nobody, they'll have to pay <insert large US defence corporation here> to send a contractor out there to do it lol