PDA

View Full Version : png help needed...

Alex J
28-11-10, 09:13 AM
heres the problem, last nite trying to fit the poly window back in and both me and paul failed to get in, could someone post up the link on "how to fit.." the window as i fail at life, also , a picture of what way round the clutch cable hook goes threw the pedal as i got the hump so much trying to clip it in, i took the omp seat out to get better acsess, got the **** even more and chucked it across the yard and ripped the back of the seat (yes im a n0b) , and it £250 for a new one:roll: , please help before the axe returns:( ....

( yes im an idiot and have anger issues, if someone wants to come fit it, the kettle is on:thumb: )

bmw156
28-11-10, 09:18 AM
whats your postcode?
i fancy a drive lol.

i have also fitted rear windows before and clutch cables!

djbrowney
28-11-10, 09:20 AM
i will do it monday night for you if you like !

mk1nova_rich
28-11-10, 09:22 AM
The clutch hook fits with the 'open side' of the hook towards the drivers door, just make sure you pull the spring clip out first. Its a real ******* to do as access is quite restricted and its fiddly as hell as you will already know

Alex J
28-11-10, 09:22 AM
whats your postcode?
i fancy a drive lol.

i have also fitted rear windows before and clutch cables!its the drivers one, it uses a one piece rubber, came out very easy, but wont go back in, the clutch cable is in the car, but paul says the pedal bit is bent, i aint got a clue, i just like to drive the stupid thinglol , i need a picture of the hook thing fitted to give me an idea:confused:

Ernie
28-11-10, 09:26 AM
Alex calm down. I would help mate but it's one hell of a road trip for me. Best speak to Dar about the front windows as I think you silicone them back in to stay put. For the cable there should be a little spring on the peddle which clips in and then locks the cable end in place. You will need to remove the dashboard under tray on the drivers side to make it easyer. Hope that helps mate. Just don't punch anything like I did as I'm still broken a week later.

bmw156
28-11-10, 09:27 AM
get some string and tie it around the rubber while its on the rubber, then start it in, and pull out the string. easy!

mk1nova_rich
28-11-10, 09:33 AM
have you slackened the cable off at the gearbox? Don't release it fully as a bit of tension helps hold the hook in place once you get it in

Alex J
28-11-10, 09:34 AM
right, im of for one last golol ...

Bubba
28-11-10, 11:08 AM
buy an MOT failure...ANY car....place hammer beside car...when pissed off, beat the piss out of the scrapper :thumb:

Jack
28-11-10, 11:20 AM
....but preferably a Nova lol

Ernie
28-11-10, 11:22 AM

In Baby blue with a boot lol

Adam
28-11-10, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately fitting polycarbs is something you need patience for lol lol lol

Bubba
28-11-10, 12:25 PM

i used a GTE :thumb:

Danny s-p
28-11-10, 12:33 PM
i used a GTE :thumb: :eek: cud of used a GSI bubba

Bubba
28-11-10, 12:46 PM
:eek: cud of used a GSI bubba

to say it "mint" would have been correct...holes EVERYWHERE...even the rear chassis leg i could bend by hand

Danny s-p
28-11-10, 01:04 PM
to say it "mint" would have been correct...holes EVERYWHERE...even the rear chassis leg i could bend by handlol hope mine never get that bad

Alex J
28-11-10, 02:11 PM
well, a massive thank you to paul, after coming over, trying again to fit the rubber in, he gave up, i lost my rag, ripped it out the door, and used it as wip to beat the crap out of my tool box and shelf untill i wore myself out, we then went up the local breakers, got a free set of window rubbers from a corsa and a fiesta mk5, went home,and now all fitted up the easy way with sticker flex, pictures to follow, and clutch is done aswell, ( seat rip has glued back together and also fitted) , was a close shave this time, thanks to erine also for the calm down phone call:thumb:

DEAN-DOHERTY
28-11-10, 02:25 PM
Mate i think all nova owners need anger management...i was tempted to beat mine with a hammer last week when doing the xe conversion...over the stupidest of things that were stressing me out.....wooosaaaaa lol

Alex J
28-11-10, 02:27 PM
Mate i think all nova owners need anger management...i was tempted to beat mine with a hammer last week when doing the xe conversion...over the stupidest of things that were stressing me out.....wooosaaaaa lolpost up the pictures of damage!!

Ernie
28-11-10, 02:27 PM
well, a massive thank you to paul, after coming over, trying again to fit the rubber in, he gave up, i lost my rag, ripped it out the door, and used it as wip to beat the crap out of my tool box and shelf untill i wore myself out, we then went up the local breakers, got a free set of window rubbers from a corsa and a fiesta mk5, went home,and now all fitted up the easy way with sticker flex, pictures to follow, and clutch is done aswell, ( seat rip has glued back together and also fitted) , was a close shave this time, thanks to erine also for the calm down phone call:thumb:
No probs mate and glad it's all sorted now. Which cable did you go for in the end. It don't really matter as I had no need for them just wondered ?

Alex J
28-11-10, 05:40 PM
No probs mate and glad it's all sorted now. Which cable did you go for in the end. It don't really matter as I had no need for them just wondered ?i used the cable without the cover around the top bit, thanks for posting them so quick, was here at 9am the next day!!:thumb:

Edd
28-11-10, 05:43 PM
glad you got it all sorted

.......jeez you got some anger issues lol

Alex J
28-11-10, 05:56 PM

.......jeez you got some anger issues lolto be fair i dont know why i rush these things, its not even going to be used untill june next yearlol , im just one of those people that wants stuff done yesterday, dose look nice now mind youlol

Paul
28-11-10, 06:38 PM

.......jeez you got some anger issues lol

it is funny watching him working on the car.

The window for example

"im going to do this"

tries for 5 minutes, get frsutrated cause its not done.

he comes up with an idea, tries it, doesnt work, another idea doesnt work, hes now realy angry so a spanner or scredriver will be thrown. stands and thinks for 10seconds, another idea, it doesnt work, so the bucket seat gets tossed out of the door into the back garden. tries again, gives up after punching the window in.

comes into garage this morning, finally give up with the rubber seal, so he grabs it and whips the garage shelves and toolbox with it til hes worn out then just casually carries on with what he was doing!

Im usually rolling around the floor in stitches lol

Ernie
28-11-10, 11:31 PM
thats an easy £250 on ybf lol..