PDA

View Full Version : should i sell the nova

solly
27-11-10, 04:10 PM
iv only owned this car for 6 weeks and thought i would be cruising about by now only the guy that has painted it for me has made me lose all faith the rear back quarters have been down to bear metal twice and the paint is reacting every time its painted he says hes ecth primed it bar coated it ect i think he has not got a clue to be frank but its got a point all ready when i have started to lose faith do i take it else where and spend another 800 notes or cut my loses and sell it on

Balley
27-11-10, 04:14 PM
Can't see why its reacting, keep it mate! It will be great in the end!

GDN16v
27-11-10, 04:20 PM
Make him paint it again, if the rest of the car is fine then dont just get rid because of that!;)

Jonlem
27-11-10, 04:27 PM
6 weeks is that all !

Seriously mate I've been building my car for over 4 years and only just starting to feel like you are now.

Be patient and get the tit to paint it again

Jack
27-11-10, 06:30 PM
Have him paint it one more time, if it gays up again then take it to another bodyshop.

I bought some "good quality" paint to do my bootlid (at cost of muchos $$$!) and it kept reacting, wouldn't go on right at all. 3x rattle tins from Halfords later at a cost of about £30 and the paint finish was superb :roll:

Lynsey
27-11-10, 06:33 PM
Where about in Cheshire are you and who's painting your motor?

Rich
27-11-10, 07:47 PM
John Wayne at yeehaa repairs