PDA

View Full Version : htc phones

Curtoise
27-11-10, 12:09 PM
Hi every one I got my new HTC desire in the post thismourning and I am having a problem with it, when I try and txt people it just doesn't send, I can make phonecalls completely fine has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

NOV4_SPORT
27-11-10, 01:14 PM
I have the same phone have done for about six months and never had any problems with it sorry mate

Iain

Jack
27-11-10, 02:26 PM
No problems with my Z either, but as soon as I set it up and turned it on Orange sent me a config text automatically. Maybe you need that; I know Orange and O2 you can request it via their websites but dunno about the other operators.

draper
27-11-10, 02:29 PM
off topicish, my HTC has been dispatched (not city link thank god lol) and will be here monday :cool:

Jack
27-11-10, 02:30 PM
Which one have you gotted?

draper
27-11-10, 02:30 PM
desire HD

phazer
27-11-10, 05:05 PM
Almost as big as an ipad, you must have big pockets lol ;)

Jack
27-11-10, 06:22 PM
Big phones are good, especially touch screens. Means I can just mash the screen with my sausage fingers and actually work it lol

The Z is quite heavy too but I like that, makes it feel substantial

Connor
27-11-10, 06:31 PM
Big phones are good, especially touch screens. Means I can just mash the screen with my sausage fingers and actually work it lol

I hate having sausage fingers, i struggle with the iphone keypad :cry:

Curtoise
27-11-10, 07:39 PM
Yeh mine is the desire hd. It's fecking pro jack! Hmm I phoned up and asked, and they said that I need to wait 48 hours until I get properly connected from when it has been marked as received. What provider have you gone for jack?

Nova_Tek
27-11-10, 08:47 PM
Got the HTC Legend here had it since April. Absolutely no problems, solid as a rock. Updated to Android 2.2 aswell. Can't wait for my upgrade in a few months time.

I'll be going for the Desire HD or anything better that HTC release.

Try pulling out the battery and SIM card without turning the phone off. Helps to reset the phone. That may clear it. Or check that your message centre number is correct for your network (that normally solves text sending problems). Or check the message format is sent as 'Text' and not anything else.

Jack
28-11-10, 12:52 AM
What provider have you gone for jack?
Orange, Didn't have to wait for anything though, even if I'd had it on the day I should have (thanks City Link) it would have been good to go as soon as I got it out the box

[edit] Watch out for the cameras on HTC phones though, they are utter toss

draper
28-11-10, 02:46 PM
big phones mean you can be sure there in your pocket aswell lol

draper
29-11-10, 02:22 PM
arrived this morning - i like !!