PDA

View Full Version : nova 2ltr 8v conversion

ashurst74
27-11-10, 08:31 AM
help.......fitting a 2ltr 8v to the nova, got the engine,box,loom,shafts and strut assemblys from a astra gte.
the struts are different, track rod mount much higher, what struts do you use ?????

also will the driveshafts fit ???

Graeme
27-11-10, 08:48 AM
You use the nova knuckles with either conversion hubs and shafts or nova gte 22 spline shafts with big block inner c.v.s from a mk2 Cav iirc, the astra struts, knuckles and shafts are no use to you

ashurst74
27-11-10, 09:52 AM
You use the nova knuckles with either conversion hubs and shafts or nova gte 22 spline shafts with big block inner c.v.s from a mk2 Cav iirc, the astra struts, knuckles and shafts are no use to you

hi, the struts and shafts weve got are standard 1.2, if i get nova gte struts and 22spline shafts will this work
cheers:thumb:

Graeme
27-11-10, 09:57 AM
You could do with uprated shocks and springs to compensate for the extra weight of the big block engine, iirc there are a few different gte shafts, the ones you need have 22 on the inner cv end and then you use the inner cvs of a 1.6 mk2 cav on the nova shafts

Balley
27-11-10, 10:00 AM
You can also use GSi and sri hubs and shafts, there is plenty avaliable on the net for sale which have had the inner cvs fitted, I got mine for 100 quid with hubs and a strenghting kit!

Damo
28-11-10, 10:48 AM
As many have said if you have to ask then you wont be able to do the work. :roll:

david dixon
28-11-10, 10:54 AM
I can do you motorsport hubs or 22 spline cv's depending which way you decide to go.

Cheers David.

ashurst74
28-11-10, 11:41 PM
As many have said if you have to ask then you wont be able to do the work. :roll:j

Nobby
28-11-10, 11:59 PM
As many have said if you have to ask then you wont be able to do the work. :roll:

not so true any work i have to do outside of work i get as much info as i can to make life as easy as possible and im a L3 Tech at Jaguar, gotta make a job as easy as possible :thumb:

Damo
29-11-10, 01:28 PM
not so true any work i have to do outside of work i get as much info as i can to make life as easy as possible and im a L3 Tech at Jaguar, gotta make a job as easy as possible :thumb:

True nobby i gain as much knowledge as i could before my conversion but i was merely pointing out that the lad thought you use the astra struts etc!

mowgli
29-11-10, 01:57 PM
/\ no doubt because some who 'knew' told him, so he came on here to check, which was definitely the right thing to do

Damo
29-11-10, 02:01 PM
/\ no doubt because some who 'knew' told him, so he came on here to check, which was definitely the right thing to do

Most probabily mowgli.

O.P no offence meant.