PDA

View Full Version : rev guage

Dicko
01-06-03, 08:02 PM
has anybody with 40's or throttle bodies got an after market rev gauge as you would rev wel over the limit of the std unit.

got any pics/prices/recomendations?

mikeoxford
01-06-03, 08:05 PM
to be fair i dont think you would want to take it over 7 or 8 grand

as theres no power there anyway

Dicko
01-06-03, 08:42 PM
hahha, flmao

talkin out ur bum m8 u ever had a go of TBs :lol:

Nova-Boy
01-06-03, 09:15 PM
:o well over 8000?? I didn't knoiw they went that high with 40's on. The tim counter on the SJ goes up to 8k and cost about ?40 max.

Ian
01-06-03, 09:49 PM
lol mike u fool.

and yes i do dicko but its very expensive lol

Breeny
01-06-03, 10:07 PM
lol Doesnt Lawrence Bonds nova rev to 9k or something?? :o

Anyway back to topic, wouldnt a shift light be better? I like to keep my eyes looking where I'm going rather than seeing how high im revving, you can usually tell just by listening once you've got to know the engine.

jatinder
01-06-03, 10:12 PM
my engine reved to 9k but the it broke lol, I suppose the most you want to go to would be, 7K coz ur not really gonna be drving it like that on the public highway officer

mikeoxford
01-06-03, 10:45 PM
:rant:

talking from my OWN EXPERIENCE

MY previous 1.4 engine the power band was between 3 and 7k

this was with a kent cam and twin 40s.

why would i want to rev stupid amounts of 9k out of an engine with peak power at 7k?

i apreciate you can get higher power figures than a 1.4 LOL

but for heavens sake understand where i was coming from

/rant over :(

Aragorn
01-06-03, 10:50 PM
i'd have thaught a standard 1.4 engine with the mods mike listed would hit valve bounce before 8k???

if so then mike is right

and the whole point of this is to share your own personal experiances - if he had a 1400 on 40s and it only went to 7k before losing power then fine

im sure if u left the sandard cam in u'd lose power even earlier that the 7k mike mentions so its all dependant on the engine mods done

personally i wouldnt go over 7k and i dont think mike would either - i also wouldnt relaly reccomend it as its not gonna do the lump any good