PDA

View Full Version : Just nip to the 'ring

Deanosri
26-11-10, 03:07 PM
Myself and one of my mates are driving to Germany next week (the land of the war lost) to make a delivery and as we won't be far from the nurburg we thought, why not! The only problem is is that we'll be in a long wheelbase high top VW LT35:d haha it should be fun! I was just wondering if you guys have any tips or advice for us as neither of us have driven on the mainland before. We know we need the travel pack(high vis, warning triangle etc) and passports and a few euros. Any help would be appreciated cheers. Also, i'd much rather take the nova!:thumb:

mowgli
26-11-10, 03:27 PM
use really good lane discipline, cos the locals do... have a camera handy, cos there will be something really funny... as in dutch roadsigns etc...

Deanosri
27-11-10, 01:41 PM
Never thought of takin a camera! We are headin through Holland so ill keep my eyes open

richi
27-11-10, 10:39 PM
do png ever do a group trip to the ring, i would love to go one time

Bubba
28-11-10, 12:11 AM
make sure you drive on the right hand side ;)

Deanosri
28-11-10, 11:57 AM
make sure you drive on the right hand side ;)

It'll be fun if we drove on the left!

dannyb
28-11-10, 12:57 PM
Have you got insurance to drive on the 'Ring...?

L33 LEG
28-11-10, 12:57 PM
Make sure you don't crash at the ring if you are going round that, unless you have thousands spare lol

You should go and take a look at things, like the cost and how people drive there and then hopefully plan to go in the nova one day.

paul james
28-11-10, 01:02 PM
I bought and played Gran Turismo 4 the day before going to the ring a few years back, and having some prior knowledge of the track really helped.

AdamK
28-11-10, 05:44 PM
Went there last year with my dad in hes st and most insurers in the uk do not cover you on the ring, you should check with your insurance company if your coverd or not. They have insurance companies there which will cover you for something rediculas like £300 and have high exesses. So eitha drive carefully or be ready to pay for hefty insurance.

Deanosri
29-11-10, 11:18 AM
We've checked with my insurance and my currrent policy won't cover me to do some of the driving because its a comercial vehicle pfft so it's going to cost my mate if he wants us to share driving. And on the insurance side for the nurburg Ill have to get in touch with him and sort it out. Fingers crossed we don't become a cropper and get home in one peice! Thanks again