PDA

View Full Version : Let cooling and gearbox problem

jack8545
25-11-10, 10:29 PM
I'm having more problems with my nova let, it was sitting idling today while i was cleaning the inside out it started steaming out the expansion tank cap, gauge was reading 95deg and fan did not come on. switched it off and let it cool down topped up the level as it lost a little then took it a drive to put petrol in and it barley heated up, gauge was reading just above cold. when it was sat idling at the garage it heated up quickly. I'm not wanting to overheat it as its just been rebuilt.

second problem is the drive shaft moves about in the gearbox anyone know what causes this?

any help appreciated

John
25-11-10, 10:34 PM
fan switch faulty if the fan didn't kick in. Suspect faulty stat/water pump too if it doesn't get warm when driving.

There may be a little play in the shaft where it meets the box, does it leak or cause a problem?

jack8545
25-11-10, 11:04 PM
gearbox is damp with oil and its quite a lot of play, it also has a steering wobble at 60mph could this be the shaft?
fan switch looks new, i joined the two wires on the fan switch an had to keep the fan going constant to keep the temp at just above 90deg