PDA

View Full Version : c20ne turbo anything to check?

novadose2009
24-11-10, 02:31 PM
hi i have been offered from png user bigbad nova, a white nova gte with c20ne turbo engine.

is there any common faults with these engines or what could potentially blow engine up ect as i wanna make sure its going to be ok.

mowgli
24-11-10, 02:41 PM
i find that putting petrol in the tank & then turning the ignition key dramatically increases the chance of a gm engine exploding.....

its all down to just how well it was converted, and if it has a reliable history with it. what sort of spec is it, is it mapped? is there a decent intercooler on it etc..

novadose2009
24-11-10, 02:45 PM
this is the spec ive been told

2.5inch stainless from turbo back with 3inch outrolled tail pipe
t3 turbo with 200sx equal length manifold
c20let pistons, rods and crank
rest of engine is standard
new rad with slimline fan
frontera intercooler

DAN-F
24-11-10, 04:00 PM
the main thing to worry about is te fuelling on boost and the management, is it standard management with an fmu, or aftermarket snd mapped properly.

Bubba
24-11-10, 06:44 PM
this is the spec ive been told

2.5inch stainless from turbo back with 3inch outrolled tail pipe
t3 turbo with 200sx equal length manifold
c20let pistons, rods and crank
rest of engine is standard
new rad with slimline fan
frontera intercooler

im no expert when it comes to turbos and that electrical stuff...but would a standard ecu and loom work? or does it have fettled ecu/loom

novadose2009
24-11-10, 08:21 PM
as listed above thats all ive been told so far and it needs boost pipes apart from that im hoping it should run and be alright what does the engine need for the turbo convertion to make it run right?

sr jack
24-11-10, 08:23 PM
i was told anything over 12psi boost on standard managment youve got a good chance it will be very risky, best thing would be to get custom managment

novadose2009
24-11-10, 08:25 PM
will that be a re-mappable ecu? any ideas on price as wanna do it cheap as poss

Ben
25-11-10, 01:13 PM
tbf it depends how much he wants for the engine, imo your buying a headache! I would want everything as removed from a running car as tbh if it still needs boost pipes for the engine then it has never been ran correctly under boost so there is no real, way of trusting the engine.

Nobby
25-11-10, 10:49 PM
If this is the one local to me white gte rep i think its never run properley my mate at the Griffin centre was given it to try and get it tunning but he gave up after a while apparrently the engines a nightmare . . Just what ive heard btw :thumb:

GK NOVA
25-11-10, 11:15 PM
hi i have been offered from png user bigbad nova, a white nova gte with c20ne turbo engine.

is there any common faults with these engines or what could potentially blow engine up ect as i wanna make sure its going to be ok.

when the c20ne engine are box standard their bullet proof, longs it been built well what can go wrong, but when u start asking for more power it does sometimes tend to put it slightly unreliable

i was going to build one myself, got the engine and the low compression pistons but not got the time so might sell