PDA

View Full Version : Where to put the ECU

Nova_Tek
23-11-10, 09:48 PM
For all those who have put in conversions which use ECU's, where have you put them?

I know some people put it on the parcel shelf but I'd be wanting to put it somehwere more 'out of the way'. Best place on a Nova to do it?

I've got one place in mind but just wanted to hear other examples (as always)

:thumb:

Damo
23-11-10, 09:58 PM
Ive got mine tiewrapped up behind the fusebox mate its out of the way and you carnt see it.

John
23-11-10, 09:59 PM
i used double sided velcro, and velcro'd it the the bulkhead.

w_wall_2001
23-11-10, 10:00 PM
mines in the usual shelf because im lazy and can remove it when needed lol

phazer
23-11-10, 10:16 PM
On the SRi and the later GSi the ECU is bolted behind the glove box above the shelf. There are some slots on the dash/brake strengthening.

I made a tray for the the DTA to sit on so it could sit in the factory postion.

Nova_Tek
23-11-10, 10:17 PM
i used double sided velcro, and velcro'd it the the bulkhead.

That was the idea I had, was looking to attach it to the inside of the battery tray or there abouts

w_wall_2001
23-11-10, 10:23 PM
best if you can to mount it inside the car where dry to be honest if you can

General Baxter
23-11-10, 10:25 PM
just remember, removing the ecu, is the best imobo you can get lol

Nova_Tek
23-11-10, 10:26 PM
best if you can to mount it inside the car where dry to be honest if you can

inside of course mate, didn't mean the battery tray under the bonnet but the bottom of the battery tray up behind the dash.

'tis very true Baxter :)

w_wall_2001
23-11-10, 10:27 PM
oh and get a snap off boss for the steering wheel, should see the faces of people who look in car when its removed lol

just remember, removing the ecu, is the best imobo you can get lol

General Baxter
23-11-10, 10:28 PM
saying that, someone tried to nick mine with no bonnet on, or engine lol

even better, they could not even open an unlocked door, pikie atherstone fail lol

w_wall_2001
23-11-10, 10:30 PM
ha ha i would have liked to have seen that to just laugh at their failed attempts, my gf's mate came to ours when i walked in the house with ecu and steering wheel in my hand, her face was priceless, real kodak moment lol

Pistol Pete
23-11-10, 10:31 PM
That was the idea I had, was looking to attach it to the inside of the battery tray or there abouts

Just remember to trial fit the dash. It may foul the back of it?

Nova_Tek
23-11-10, 10:32 PM
oh and get a snap off boss for the steering wheel, should see the faces of people who look in car when its removed lol

Don't like the snap off wheels. Great security device but they look a bit pants imo

w_wall_2001
23-11-10, 10:34 PM
i know but im not too bothered what people think really, most see a nova and turn their noses up ha ha lol

Don't like the snap off wheels. Great security device but they look a bit pants imo

Nova_Tek
23-11-10, 10:35 PM
Just remember to trial fit the dash. It may foul the back of it?

The dash will be in place so no chance of fouling.

Nova_Tek
23-11-10, 10:36 PM
ha ha i would have liked to have seen that to just laugh at their failed attempts, my gf's mate came to ours when i walked in the house with ecu and steering wheel in my hand, her face was priceless, real kodak moment lol

Could just imagine that lol

novajulz
23-11-10, 10:44 PM
I put mine in the footwell just under where the bonnet catch is.