PDA

View Full Version : Non Sparking Nova 1.2i

TonySR
23-11-10, 11:37 AM
I've been given a 1.2i nova, which the engine cut out doing 75mph on the M25 whilst the previous owner was on his way to work.

So far I have replaced the Coil & Ignition module with new parts, but to no avail...

Also the 3 pin plug that connects to the distributor only has 1 pin with power when cranking and that barely lit the bulb on the screwdriver tester. They're supposed to have 1 with power with ignition on and 1 pulsing on cranking/running, the other is earth?

Could it be the ECU?

I did a paper clip test and its only showing code 12. Is there a way of getting the fault to show without it running?

Help please as I am carless now that the mrs has passed her test!

w_wall_2001
24-11-10, 08:15 PM
could possibly be as my old 1.2i melted my immobiliser when driving in the wet, water got somewhere and sent a charge towards the ecu but the immob was in line and got fried, maybe an ecu off early corsa 1.2 fits before they introduced the chipped key

John
24-11-10, 08:16 PM
Do you have a spark? if yes do you have fuel at the injector?

novasrikev
24-11-10, 08:39 PM
check all your earths and also the coil mounts are good and also chech your king lead

shed-on-wheels
24-11-10, 09:34 PM
also try your cam sensor or if its the coil pack version crank sensor also try cleaning the points in the dizzy cap and change the rotor arm :D

TonySR
25-11-10, 02:06 PM
Hi, it has fuel coming thru.
I cleaned up all earth's prior to replacing the coil.
Ocassionaly when releasing the key from turning the engine over, there is a single spark on plug one after a few seconds.

Will give the ECU a try if I can find one.

paulwar
20-01-11, 04:21 PM
if it just cut out at 75 mph, i would have said check cam belt first if it's turning over but you got no go, first thing check for a spark, next thine no spark check cap / arm/ when u take cap off turn it over see if rotar arm is going round, that would have lead you to it not going round and you would have taken cam cover off and seen you snapped cam belt :)

of course you allready no that now !!!! but just change cam belt time it back up and she be brand new :)

mowgli
20-01-11, 04:40 PM
i was going to say cambelt too.

burgo
20-01-11, 04:53 PM
i cant believe you didnt check the belt before going out and spending money on new parts lmfao, such a noob

TonySR
21-01-11, 09:23 AM
School boy error! lol I was thinking the other day, why didn't i check the cambelt, then yesterday i did...