PDA

View Full Version : corsa c20let

nova_turbo
22-11-10, 01:04 PM
just brought a c20let corsa with a running problem. wont drive past 2k starts miss firing and trys to cut it self out. on stand still it will rev nicely up to about 4.5k. then wont go past. the lad who owned it before me has been coming back from a long drive up north when just 15 miles away its started doing this problem. when ive gone to look at the car to purchase the fuel was on empty and i thought it may have dragged some crap through from bottom of tank. the car on tick over sounds real nice and doesnt seem to be a major problem. ive pumped a bit of fuel through and everything seems to be ok. ive had the plugs out and they're all good. now im starting to think its more along the lines of a sensor or something. if any one has come across this sort of problem and has a good idea please let me know.
thanks in advance.

lomas
22-11-10, 11:26 PM
boost leak maybe

Rick Draper
23-11-10, 12:07 AM
Crank sensor.

Nova Baz
23-11-10, 09:07 AM
has it got an uprated feul pump

nova_turbo
23-11-10, 04:52 PM
checked it all or for boost leaks everything seems fine ive replaced the crank sensor and air flow meter today and still doing the same. yes its just had a new webber fuel pump and filters about 6 weeks ago. you can hear the poping from the air filter when you rev it so its starving of something. its got an adjustable fpr on it aswell and the gauge sits at about a bar. can these sometimes clog up or knacker up ?

Rick Draper
23-11-10, 06:07 PM
Checked the timing?

nova_turbo
23-11-10, 06:18 PM
not as yet, it sounds good on tick over and revving up to about 2k doesnt sound bad at all. just when you go over it starts popping as if struggling of something, its like its restricted. il have the cover off at the weekend and check to be on the safe side.

lomas
23-11-10, 11:25 PM
if its poppin out of the air filter has to be timing out like rick says

shed-on-wheels
23-11-10, 11:29 PM
tps

Southie
23-11-10, 11:30 PM
As said check your timing, it may have jumped a tooth or the tensioner has weakened.

Also have you changed the fuel filter since it's sucked some possible cr@p through?

Finally have you got the EML light wired in?

MattBrown
23-11-10, 11:51 PM
If the guage sits at a bar, then theres the fookin problem

3.5bar reg for a reason

Rick Draper
24-11-10, 11:39 PM
If the guage sits at a bar, then theres the fookin problem

3.5bar reg for a reason

Depends where it sits at a bar at really dont it......

DAN-F
25-11-10, 12:16 AM
Have you checked the wiring at the plug on the afm, ive had a few break there and cause this problem

nova_turbo
10-12-10, 02:31 PM
forgot to put a post up saying ive sorted the problem everyone. cheers for the help. it was the fpr must of failed. when i tried adjusting it for pressure it wouldnt budge turning up and down so i changed with my own one and it runs fine now. id searched if these fail much but couldnt find much on them so didnt think it would be that as the gauge was still moving and functioning ok. bit of info if anyone searches the same problem though..