PDA

View Full Version : Vectra B 2.2 to ZLET??

The Simps
22-11-10, 10:43 AM
07.2001 registered Vectra B running the 2.2 vectra engine in sri150 form. How straight forward would it be to swap to a ZLET? Obviously the exhaust needs changing but other than that would it be the same engine mounts and would the electrics be plug & play?

I understand the box would have to be changed aswell because of the position of the starter. Would the ZLET box accept the vectra d/shafts and the cable change linkage setup?

phazer
22-11-10, 04:52 PM
If the 2.2 is the alloy jobbie that was also in the Mk4 astra, then yes I believe the engine mounts are different to the ZLET.

MK999
22-11-10, 04:53 PM
You finished that saloon yet?

The Simps
22-11-10, 07:57 PM
If the 2.2 is the alloy jobbie that was also in the Mk4 astra, then yes I believe the engine mounts are different to the ZLET.

Its a z22se according to the manual.

The Simps
22-11-10, 07:58 PM
You finished that saloon yet?

That reminds me I need to put up the pictures of all the hard work I've been doing on it!

The Simps
22-11-10, 07:59 PM
Anyone know anything about how the electrics side will work out? I know nowt about these newer models other than that the zlet is tough to convert because of how its wired????

MK999
22-11-10, 08:14 PM
That reminds me I need to put up the pictures of all the hard work I've been doing on it!

I'll believe you, many wouldnt lol

phazer
22-11-10, 09:19 PM
Its a z22se according to the manual.

Yeah same engine then. I would imagine the mounts are the same as the Astra G which means different to the ZLET.

Wiring might be interesting. On the Astra the main ECU controls bits of the instrument cluster so be prepared to swap the clocks. Can't help on the rest though, sorry.

The Simps
22-11-10, 09:28 PM
Thanks again.

So if the mounts are different do they sell mount kits for the astra g to fit zlets? if so maybe that would work?

Clock swap would be interesting!! Would be nice if its plug n play!

MK999
22-11-10, 09:33 PM
Zlets are canbus, you're looking at a full loom swap, trick electronics to keep the ECU happy or standalone

phazer
22-11-10, 09:36 PM
Zlets are canbus, you're looking at a full loom swap, trick electronics to keep the ECU happy or standalone

Sort of. They are half and half, they run a body module and the engine ECU. You only need the engine ECU to run it provided the car it's going in is able to control all other bits by itself.

If it were the Z20LEH then you'd need everythingand that would be a nightmare!

phazer
22-11-10, 09:40 PM
Thanks again.

So if the mounts are different do they sell mount kits for the astra g to fit zlets? if so maybe that would work?

Clock swap would be interesting!! Would be nice if its plug n play!

No idea mate, I suppose it depends on demand. The 1.8/2.0 ecotecs obviously have the same mounts as the LET.

Well you could keep the original Astra ECU to run the dash etc - it's the temperature guage and fan control you want it for and then the LET ECU to run the engine. Not sure if there is any faffing about to make sure the 'G' ECU is happy like this.

The Simps
22-11-10, 09:45 PM
Its probably really not worth it on an old vectra! I was gonna run it in the vectra til I'd had enough then eventually put it in the nova.

MK999
22-11-10, 09:54 PM
I have them confused then, probably thinking of the LEH lol

Simps, I've picked up a couple tricks from my engines module with mr cosworth/twr, how much money you got to splash on the engine? lol MSN? :d

phazer
22-11-10, 10:25 PM
I have them confused then, probably thinking of the LEH lol

Yeah, they be full CAN.