PDA

View Full Version : thougts and knowledge please

theythinkitsallnova
20-11-10, 06:30 PM
hey everyone,

i put my wee pug on pistonheads yesterday just to see what was offered, im not to bothered about selling it. however, someone in paisley has offered me the car below. it says it needs a new sump so i no there could be some big end damage but i've not been to see it yet.

does anyone have any knowledge of the 3.0 v6 omega engines? common faults etc?

thanks

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2272634.htm

Bubba
20-11-10, 07:10 PM
its logged as a 1.2 litre so cheap insurance

the guys a ****

Nobby
20-11-10, 07:27 PM
if any of the recent v6 corsa's going around are anything to go by id stay well clear mate, i bought a v6 nova that had been converted not to a very high standard and used and abused there such a big heavy lump i had wheel bearings, steering rack bolts loose, gear linkage was fuked so in my opinion mate stay the fack away!!

Connor
20-11-10, 07:30 PM
the guys a ****

+1

Alex J
20-11-10, 07:31 PM
hey everyone,

i put my wee pug on pistonheads yesterday just to see what was offered, im not to bothered about selling it. however, someone in paisley has offered me the car below. it says it needs a new sump so i no there could be some big end damage but i've not been to see it yet.

thanks

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2272634.htm this car belongs here...
http://www.trg.net/public/userfiles/images/Crane%20unloading%20iron.JPG

88ESR
20-11-10, 08:20 PM
hey everyone,

thanks

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2272634.htm

They used to shed timing belts in the early days a did many multi-valve Vauxhalls due to crap tensioners, etc..

They were all recalled and modified..

Or should have been..

Jack
20-11-10, 10:28 PM
Rocker gaskets, rocker covers, CTS, knock sensors and check the gearbox hasn't been munched if its an F20

[edit] oh yeah and oil cooler

Balley
21-11-10, 08:44 AM
I Will add Power Crazy did do it and have done Hundreds of v6 conversions, So I would say its been done 'right'!

Andy
21-11-10, 09:04 AM
Wouldnt give a thank you

paul james
21-11-10, 09:25 AM
Thats the sort of car I would want proof of being done properly. Ideally they would have a detailed build thread with lots of pictures on a forum like this. Or at least he should have some paperwork from the place that supposedly built it. I'd say theres likely good reason why its being sold off for £750 and not more. If he couldn't afford to register and insure it beyond a 1.2, then where else have corners been cut?

theythinkitsallnova
21-11-10, 11:23 AM
cheers everyone for their help.

im not even going to see it now. spoke to the guy last night and he said i'd need to bring my own oil to hear it run. told him i wasn't spending money on a car that i might not even buy.

told him that he should have put on the add that technically its a non runner and that any viewers should bring oil to hear it run. if he's wanting to sell the car he should have oil there so folk can hear it run.

Bubba
21-11-10, 11:24 AM
cheers everyone for their help.

im not even going to see it now. spoke to the guy last night and he said i'd need to bring my own oil to hear it run. told him i wasn't spending money on a car that i might not even buy.

told him that he should have put on the add that technically its a non runner and that any viewers should bring oil to hear it run. if he's wanting to sell the car he should have oil there so folk can hear it run.

lol lol what a fecking pikey. oils what...20quid max

theythinkitsallnova
21-11-10, 11:28 AM
lol, i stated on my add that i was skint so it would just b a swap for what folk offered me. and hes asking me to bring my own oil. does he want me to fuel it as well so he can get some use out of it, lol.

Bubba
21-11-10, 11:30 AM
maybe you could tax it for him too

Mike
21-11-10, 11:32 AM
Cheap for a reason....