PDA

View Full Version : Ruining my nova.

Gorgeous
19-11-10, 06:10 PM
Ok this is my first post on png. hello
Basicly im craving more power than my c12nz engine. Its bulletproof but about as sporty as a snail. :)
I have read the posts on here about tuning the 1.2spi and to be fair most of it can be done at a cheap price and fairly easily. It dont give much extra power tho. What interested me most however was at some point it said that you could swap the 1.2spi head for a 1.6mpi head of c16se.... and the whole mpi injection system. Got to be injection as i was stupid enough to buy a k reg, emmition laws and what not.
I supose the purpose of this thread is to know....
1. is this possible?
2. what would be involved in carrying this conversion out/or another similar
3. cost? fairly expensive i would guess, unless i found a donar astra...

I would have a good crack at anything. Nothing is to complex and .... danger is my middle name ;)
peace

twinchoke
20-11-10, 10:57 PM
throw a 1.4sr bottom end on it a 32/36 twinchoke carb a little bit of head work and u have a RALLY CAR trust me i love mine puts a smile on my face just knowing wat u can do on the b roads :)

Lee
20-11-10, 11:24 PM
Check with your insurance company first. You might find it will cost the same to insure a 1600 as it would an engine that heavily modified.

twinchoke
20-11-10, 11:28 PM
this is true!

Gorgeous
21-11-10, 02:56 PM
Check with your insurance company first. You might find it will cost the same to insure a 1600 as it would an engine that heavily modified.

True. . . however wasnt going to tell the insurance company about some of the "minor" moddifications lol also 18 year old lad? 1.6 nova? to insurance companies that just stamps a big sign apon your head saying trouble.

Bubba
21-11-10, 03:03 PM
True. . . however wasnt going to tell the insurance company about some of the "minor" moddifications lol also 18 year old lad? 1.6 nova? to insurance companies that just stamps a big sign apon your head saying trouble.

oh...funking....dear

Gorgeous
21-11-10, 03:19 PM
what lol?

moffat
21-11-10, 05:37 PM
im modding my spi 1.2 with a 1400 inlet and 1800 throttle body, full system, decat, mines a 92 so i could probs get away with no cat and an induction kit....

might not make huge gains but theres a scrappys just round the corner so getting bits is easy for me.

i could fit a gsi cam and 4branch manifold aswell if the funds allowed

Gorgeous
22-11-10, 06:00 PM
hmm soundsm interesting. why do you need the 1.4 manifold to fit the 1.8 throttlebody, it it bigger or something? also im sure i will get slated for this but what is the 1.8 throttle body off? engine code? what would be involved in fitting these things, what else needs replacing to accomidate them? bhp gain roughs?
sorry for all the questions, im just dead keen =-)

Mattman
22-11-10, 06:33 PM
wasnt going to tell the insurance company about some of the "minor" moddifications lol

tut tut, peeps on here won't like that comment and within 6 posts of joining the forum too

satchellm
06-12-10, 03:39 PM
throw a 1.4sr bottom end on it a 32/36 twinchoke carb a little bit of head work and u have a RALLY CAR trust me i love mine puts a smile on my face just knowing wat u can do on the b roads :)

This sounds pritty interesting to me as its for a road rally car, iv got a 88 e reg 1200 carb'ed and wanted to do a little to it,when u say a 1400sr bottom end do u mean crank rods and pistons or whole block with the 1200 head bolted back on?

i was thinking eventualy of a 1400 mpi with mega squirt,and bits done here there and every where on it.

LEWI007
06-12-10, 04:57 PM
Ive got a 1600 GSi engine here missing a few parts you can have cheap if you decide you want to start swapping bits about.

w_wall_2001
08-12-10, 03:27 PM
lewi is that the engine off kev? if so im almost positive its my old engine from years ago, was pretty fit when i had it lol

Ive got a 1600 GSi engine here missing a few parts you can have cheap if you decide you want to start swapping bits about.