PDA

View Full Version : Name change

brownbear
19-11-10, 01:40 AM
I'm thinking of changing my name to Lee.

No particular reason I just like the idea!

brownbear
19-11-10, 01:40 AM
as in properly by deed poll....

I just don't think i'm a Thomas or Tom....

wwmnw
19-11-10, 01:48 AM
Wanna swap names? I was going to be one of the following names, Thomas, Issac, Geramia (I think me mam was taking the piss with that one) but got stuck with Andrew as the old bat is Scottish.
Although I like Issac.

brownbear
19-11-10, 01:56 AM
I can't ditch my middle of sur name (legalities and inheritance reasons)

Does

Lee William Hogarth work?

brownbear
19-11-10, 01:57 AM
Wanna swap names? I was going to be one of the following names, Thomas, Issac, Geramia (I think me mam was taking the piss with that one) but got stuck with Andrew as the old bat is Scottish.
Although I like Issac.

Quite like Andrew as a name, Issac is pretty cool, If a little hebrew.
I just like Lee as a name, Good strong and just.. I dunno, I've always thought of myself as a Lee.

wwmnw
19-11-10, 02:03 AM
What a random thread this is turning out to be.

I retract my previous comment.

Lee William Hogarth sounds alright :thumb:

Jack
19-11-10, 07:41 AM
This thread has SO much mileage

I dunno, I've always thought of Lee.
Chortle, etc lol

Think yourself lucky, guy in our office gave his son four names. Archibald Randalph Vigar and I can't remember the fourth but its something equally random.

Tanya.
19-11-10, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a good name to me.

I've always wanted to change my name, I hate it and I hate the reasonings behind why I got my name. I think it would be to much effort though and people would most likely still call me Tanya.

Danny s-p
19-11-10, 09:39 AM
i have 4 names but i only ever put 3 of them down because i can't fit them all in the little name box's lol

Edd
19-11-10, 09:58 AM
What a hilarious thread lol

You must have waaaaayyyy too much time on your hands, bet you parents would be happy. Bit like saying 'thanks for giving me a crap name'. lol

Do you know what problems you might accur with changing your name ?

I know this is muppet corner but some of the threads in here over last few days would be a insult to a muppet. lol

Southie
19-11-10, 10:32 AM
http://www.belch.com/img/chef-ani.gif

brownbear
19-11-10, 10:33 AM
What a hilarious thread lol

You must have waaaaayyyy too much time on your hands, bet you parents would be happy. Bit like saying 'thanks for giving me a crap name'. lol

Do you know what problems you might accur with changing your name ?

I know this is muppet corner but some of the threads in here over last few days would be a insult to a muppet. lol

I understand the legal issues, also how much work it takes to change my bank passport etc etc.

I'm not putting this up randomly because I was bored or had too much time on my hands it's me genuinely asking people what their opinion of my possible new name is.

If I wanted to change it to nova I could understand your comments but I'm genuinely asking what people think.

It's a huge decision to take and not something I'm taking lightly either.
I'm purely asking opinions.

Edd
19-11-10, 10:35 AM
It's not like Tom sounds stupid tho is it ?

Have you got a mortgage ? Or want one in the future ? You will struggle with alot of mortgage lenders with a name change

brownbear
19-11-10, 11:00 AM
It's not like Tom sounds stupid tho is it ?

Have you got a mortgage ? Or want one in the future ? You will struggle with alot of mortgage lenders with a name change

My mother is a mortgage broker and has expressed these concerns with me. We have also found that as long as I have existing proof of my name prior to the change that can be used as evidence for a mortgage application including my credit score prior to the name change then the reality is it doesn't cause as many problems as somebody changing it to run away from something. As I said I understand the legalities and complications.
I'm not a 18 year old with a Britney spears cd and candy floss between my ears. Tom may not sound stupid to you but I am not happy with it as my name. I have spoken to both my parents about this as well and they are supportive of me and my decision should I choose to do it.

Hoochie
19-11-10, 11:08 AM
My mother is a mortgage broker and has expressed these concerns with me. We have also found that as long as I have existing proof of my name prior to the change that can be used as evidence for a mortgage application including my credit score prior to the name change then the reality is it doesn't cause as many problems as somebody changing it to run away from something. As I said I understand the legalities and complications.
I'm not a 18 year old with a Britney spears cd and candy floss between my ears. Tom may not sound stupid to you but I am not happy with it as my name. I have spoken to both my parents about this as well and they are supportive of me and my decision should I choose to do it.

If you are fully aware of all the complications that could crop up in the future then good luck to you, it's your life, your name and you should do what makes you happy, especially as you have your parents support.

Edited to add..........I named my son Thomas and rather like it!! lol

Tanya.
19-11-10, 11:09 AM
As long as your not picking a stupid name or doing it because you're going along with a new fad it's fine. If I could be bothered too and I knew people would actually call me by the new name then i'd do it.

I don't think it's disrespectful to your parents to change your name. Mine gave me my name to spite another family member. So i'm sure my parents wouldn't be too bothered. Plus i'm sure if Burgo gets his way and Dave sticks as a name for our little one I won't be at all suprised or upset if he comes to me when he's older wanting to change it lol

Hobbit
19-11-10, 03:10 PM
I get it...

Tom = Tom boy = girl trying to be a boy

Lee = Lee = boy that is clearly a girl.

lol lol lol

TeddyThom
19-11-10, 03:17 PM
This thread has SO much mileage

Chortle, etc lol

Think yourself lucky, guy in our office gave his son four names. Archibald Randalph Vigar and I can't remember the fourth but its something equally random.

Slightly drunk at the naming ceremony?? lol

I got given my proper name because my dad wanted to spite two of my aunts... Hence why I barely respond to it now lol

Stuart
19-11-10, 03:36 PM
Is this some strange way to try and woo me? given my love of the Limpy one... lol

brownbear
19-11-10, 04:30 PM
Is this some strange way to try and woo me? given my love of the Limpy one... lol

erm..... if i say no your minging thats mean... If I lie and say yes thats wrong too...... sooo confused!

brownbear
19-11-10, 04:30 PM

I got given my proper name because my dad wanted to spite two of my aunts... Hence why I barely respond to it now lol

Whats your "proper" name then?

brownbear
19-11-10, 04:31 PM
I get it...

Tom = Tom boy = girl trying to be a boy

Lee = Lee = boy that is clearly a girl.

lol lol lol

You got it in one! lol :thumb:

brownbear
19-11-10, 04:31 PM
Might just change it to Adolf it's about time that name made a comeback!

brownbear
19-11-10, 04:32 PM
Might just change it to Adolf it's about time that name made a comeback!

Possibly not the best thing to say whilst growing a mo for charity.... lol

Jack
19-11-10, 06:03 PM
lol if you met the guy the name would fit in with his style.

I remembered the 4th name btw, it was Ernest lol

mowgli
19-11-10, 06:16 PM
BB, i have an old friend that is always called Lee, by everyone... his name is william... which shortened to Liam, then Lee...

what is your mum's thought on it, is it your dad's name too?? from what i remember in a convo at the nats or billing... isn't there a lot of ill feeling in that particular area?

steviegsi
19-11-10, 06:49 PM
You should tell everyone to call you Lee and that you have changed it, but not officially change it for the hassles listed above. You'd have the same outcome with none of the problems?

Bubba
19-11-10, 06:56 PM
my mate changed his to Ian-Extreme lol

bloke i work with is called Evelyn Jeremy Charles Calvert...he recons his dad was having a sick joke lol

draper
19-11-10, 06:58 PM
You should tell everyone to call you Lee and that you have changed it, but not officially change it for the hassles listed above. You'd have the same outcome with none of the problems?

this, you can even change certain documents without having it legally binding your name is 'lee' iirc

brownbear
19-11-10, 07:09 PM
BB, i have an old friend that is always called Lee, by everyone... his name is william... which shortened to Liam, then Lee...

what is your mum's thought on it, is it your dad's name too?? from what i remember in a convo at the nats or billing... isn't there a lot of ill feeling in that particular area?

No it's the William Hogarth bit i'm not allowed to change. I'm not supposed to be Thomas but my mum was a bitch. lol

Bubba
19-11-10, 07:33 PM
pics of you? i mean, you might look like a barry lol lol

L14MNP
19-11-10, 07:59 PM

I get Lee too :/ lol Liam equals Lee to some. I'm not offended, but man is that lazy.

BB if you feel it's holding you back in some way do it. Or we can all just call you Lee on here? Watch it mind, the other Lee always has gay jokes and innuendo wrote about him...

lol:thumb:

mowgli
19-11-10, 08:34 PM
bb, as long as you are happy, and feel it is right, then go for it...

i know a bloke, called steve, who is a pillock, and he wanted a surname that was snappy & easy to remember, so he changed his name to 'steve wright', thinking everyone would remember the radio legend.... just in time for a bloke called steve wright to murder 5 prostitutes in ipswich...........

whatever you choose, do some extensive research first.

brownbear
19-11-10, 10:43 PM
pics of you? i mean, you might look like a barry lol lol

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/Picture0332.jpg

Lee
19-11-10, 11:24 PM
What a gay choice of name!

Although I have my own name issues. When my parents split up (I was 7) my family on my mothers side happens to be the kind of people who hold grudges and stay bitter for ever and ever and ever, SO it was decided (without my consent I might add) that my whole family on her side would call me Matthew (my middle name) because it was my mum who chose Matthew, and my Dad who chose Lee.

Seriously, I was lucky not to end up with a personality disorder. And they still do it now! My aunt and cousin came to visit the other week, and my girlfriend genuinely didn't know what to call me, as calling me Matthew just didn't feel right to her, and she was worried about causing offence to my aunt lol lol

It also created much embarrassment when i was younger as I had friends in Wokingham (my grandmothers area) as well as at home, so when i got a little older and these friends started overlapping, much confusion was created!

Rysee
19-11-10, 11:25 PM
I say do it and good luck. I changed my name by deed poll then never changed it on anything... reminds me I must sort that

Ryan Alexander Houston to

Ryan Alexander William Talbot

Talbot is my mother's maiden name. William is my Granddad... I didn't want the initials RAT

I was wondering who BrownBear was... raddo tom... missed that name change

Stuart
19-11-10, 11:29 PM
What a gay choice of name!

Although I have my own name issues. When my parents split up (I was 7) my family on my mothers side happens to be the kind of people who hold grudges and stay bitter for ever and ever and ever, SO it was decided (without my consent I might add) that my whole family on her side would call me Matthew (my middle name) because it was my mum who chose Matthew, and my Dad who chose Lee.

Seriously, I was lucky not to end up with a personality disorder. And they still do it now! My aunt and cousin came to visit the other week, and my girlfriend genuinely didn't know what to call me, as calling me Matthew just didn't feel right to her, and she was worried about causing offence to my aunt lol lol

It also created much embarrassment when i was younger as I had friends in Wokingham (my grandmothers area) as well as at home, so when i got a little older and these friends started overlapping, much confusion was created!

Hence Limpy being a much better option :)

Tom, how about Queenie lol

brownbear
19-11-10, 11:39 PM
Hence Limpy being a much better option :)

Tom, how about Queenie lol

i like it. But I dunno....
I'm the worst gay man going.... Queenie just isn't me anymore :(

bazil
20-11-10, 12:00 AM
I'm getting fed up with my name, ever since a certain drunken footballer who also is a bit of a womaniser got into the rangers and Scotland squad, he and I share the same name and spelling, it getting a bit thin now

As said, if it'll make you happier I don't see the problem ( although in my situation my mother picked my name, she died 7 years ago and I'd feel bad changing it now, sort of wrong to me )

brownbear
20-11-10, 12:33 AM
Awww pesto, Sorry to hear that.

Edd
20-11-10, 01:06 AM
Could be worse, cause I decided to write 'Edd' with two d's, alot of people call me 'duck', as in 'Edd the Duck', the green puppet one that used to be on kids tv with Philip Scofeild lol :( ....

brownbear
20-11-10, 01:17 AM
Could be worse, cause I decided to write 'Edd' with two d's, alot of people call me 'duck', as in 'Edd the Duck', the green puppet one that used to be on kids tv with Philip Scofeild lol :( ....

I feel so flattered you felt the need to explain, I look young :) :) :)

Jack
20-11-10, 01:08 PM
I do not think you look like a Matthew, but Hayley just said

No he doesn't. He looks like a Sally
LOLWTF lol

Lee
20-11-10, 02:42 PM
I do not think you look like a Matthew, but Hayley just said

LOLWTF lol

WTF? WHere did that come from? lol