PDA

View Full Version : fitting a c20 let in a corsa can some one help

ashjones
18-11-10, 09:45 PM
ive put a let in a friends corsa sport and wired it all up apart from a thin black wire that ive read about but where is this black wire and also whats is the sensor at the front of block (knock sensor?) its been cut off does it need it help appriciated

John
18-11-10, 09:54 PM
Sensor on the front? crank sensor? knock sensor is on the back of the block. Pics of what you've got?

Lee H
18-11-10, 09:57 PM
Black wire sounds like switched live. Should have a black wire on the Corsa loom plug in the footwell that you have wired the rest of the LET loom into.

The sensor on the block (under the engine mount) is the crank sensor as John says, this is definitely needed. If its the one on the front of the sump this is not needed and usually cut off.

ashjones
18-11-10, 10:03 PM
thats the one under the mount do both sensors need plugging in (front and back) they both look the same if that helps

Lee H
18-11-10, 10:04 PM
Both need plugging in.

John
18-11-10, 10:04 PM
All engine sensors need to be plugged in. (lol lee beat me to it)

ashjones
18-11-10, 10:06 PM
when i read about this black wire it said it needs moving inside the car ive got it in the corsa loom by ecu im after knowing where does it come from in the let loom

ashjones
18-11-10, 10:07 PM
**** my mate bought the engine and loom out of a suposedly running tigra but like i said its been cut and there is no plug for the front sensor

John
18-11-10, 10:09 PM
If the crank sensor has been cut i'd be finding out why. It plugs into the engine loom further up.

ashjones
18-11-10, 10:12 PM
any ideas of colours

John
18-11-10, 10:19 PM
There's a multiplug futher up the loom for the crank sensor to plug into.

Lee H
18-11-10, 10:25 PM
when i read about this black wire it said it needs moving inside the car ive got it in the corsa loom by ecu im after knowing where does it come from in the let loom

Its on the LET loom between the injector plugs and coil plug. Single plug with black wire.