PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap help

Nova_Shaun
18-11-10, 08:46 PM
Thinking of putting a 2.0 16v into my nova if i did this would i need to get engine bay stitch welded or would it be okay? Also as its lowered 60mm all round would this course a problem?

Would it be alot easier if i fitted the 1.6 out of a tigra or corsa sport?
CHEERS SHAUN

vauxluva
18-11-10, 08:51 PM
In my eyes 100% stich weld @ the end of the day a nova is designed to take 100 bhp with the gsi or gte. Novas are made of tin and rust!!

comptoncj
X16XE would be simples in that you use standard nova mounts, would still do a bit of welding to the bay though.

Cle
need to weld the seams :thumb: be alot easier to put a corsa sport engine in

vauxluva
18-11-10, 08:54 PM
+ rep for conversion i am 50/50 it is a lot of work.

Nobby
18-11-10, 09:05 PM
+ rep for conversion i am 50/50 it is a lot of work.

you having a fakin laugh mate? 1 day tops and thats removing the old engine stich welding and fitting the xe!! It all bolts together like lego and then its 4 wires 3 if your being picky!!lol

DEAN-DOHERTY
18-11-10, 09:06 PM
Ive jus done a 2.0 16v conversion, i recon if you are going to do a conversion you might aswel go the whole way. the 2.0 is a little more work but it would be worth it in the long run

Nobby
18-11-10, 09:06 PM
Thinking of putting a 2.0 16v into my nova if i did this would i need to get engine bay stitch welded or would it be okay? Also as its lowered 60mm all round would this course a problem?

Would it be alot easier if i fitted the 1.6 out of a tigra or corsa sport?
CHEERS SHAUN

yeah mate i would stcich weld, my old nova wasnt as i bought it as an xe and it pulled the tie rods off the crossmember. 60mm lowered wouldnt be a problem just be wary of the low exhaust and the sump :thumb:

Nova_Shaun
18-11-10, 09:13 PM
Cheers fellas think im better of going corsa sport as i want to do it as easy as possible hopefully there is someone on here that could give me a hand if paid them as i wouldn't really know where to start.

DEAN-DOHERTY
18-11-10, 09:19 PM
if your gonna pay someone to help you then you might aswel pay somone to do the c20xe conversion, loads of boys on here have done them, i got all the advice and help i needed through these guys to do the coversion myself

just my opinion m8

Jack
18-11-10, 09:39 PM
Welding isn't essential for either engine, but to be honest if it was mine I'd rather it was done just for piece of mind.

The XE will be the more powerful, but more expensive (don't forget things like brakes and suspension as well, and insurance too). Again, if it was me, I'd go for the power if I had the funds.

Ron
18-11-10, 10:06 PM
go for a 1600 xe like mine theres no welding needs you can use standard multi v belts and pulley if you hammer in the chassis legs wiring is really easy
standard shafts and hubs mine is running 125 and the flywheel with inlet and gte clutch :)

General Baxter
18-11-10, 10:31 PM
phone the insurance first and see the price differance ;)