PDA

View Full Version : Weighing in a shell with no ID

L14MNP
18-11-10, 02:27 PM
No vin plates or chassis number.
Can I still do this? I CBA to chop the car up and it is just a bare shell, but it's in the way.

All I want to do is send it over the bridge. Will they take it as scrap steel, or because it's a 'car' will I get into the whole surrender the V5 crap?

DAN-F
18-11-10, 02:29 PM
ive never had a problem, most of the time they only ever ask for the reg anyway. do you know the reg

L14MNP
18-11-10, 02:34 PM
ive never had a problem, most of the time they only ever ask for the reg anyway. do you know the reg

Well I was hoping to take it to EMR as they are the closest to it and will pay the best money. I know a couple of smaller yards I have used in the past that will take whole cars with no V5's. it comes in handy when you have parts cars etc. I'd rather not have the hassle of trailoring it to a place further afield if I can help it though.

You have PM dude.

Harvey
18-11-10, 02:57 PM
Cut the shall up into pieces. That's what I did with a mate and they weren't at all bothered and just considered it as scrap metal and not a car.

loggyboy
18-11-10, 04:11 PM
Cut the shall up into pieces. That's what I did with a mate and they weren't at all bothered and just considered it as scrap metal and not a car.
What he said :thumb: :thumb:

Spudly
18-11-10, 04:14 PM
No vin plates or chassis number.
Can I still do this? I CBA to chop the car up and it is just a bare shell, but it's in the way.

All I want to do is send it over the bridge. Will they take it as scrap steel, or because it's a 'car' will I get into the whole surrender the V5 crap?

Some silly peeps didnt read the first post then :p

lol

draper
18-11-10, 04:35 PM
should be ok limpy - just act dumb if they ask about logbooks (should be easy enough lol)

Edd
18-11-10, 04:53 PM
To be safe I would cut it up, bet you wouldn't be pleased if you got there and they turned you away lol

Down here they've got well tough on this kinda shizzle, fook knows about up norf

Bubba
18-11-10, 05:20 PM
pikey scrapyards ftw

Ben
18-11-10, 06:18 PM
never ever been asked for a reg or v5 when weighing one in and done hundreds maybe even thousands!

Iain
18-11-10, 06:33 PM
If you're scrapping it can I have the idle control valve for mine? Thanks

L33 LEG
19-11-10, 02:19 AM
When i last went to EMR to scrap a shell they asked me to go and get the vin number to see if it matched with the logbook, so you can either memorise that and give them it or the other way is what they told my mate to do, make a letter head with your 'buisness name' on it and they will accept anything off you and not ask any numbers.

steveturbo
19-11-10, 10:30 AM
i have wieghed in loads of cars not once been asked for i.d or v5 its just scrap metal to them.
I go to jebb at wallsend bit of a trek for you tho.

SRimon
19-11-10, 10:36 AM
Is it a Nova Sport Shell?

lol

LDAWSON
19-11-10, 10:39 AM
If you take the car in on a trailor with no wheels then you dont need logbook or vin plates...

Ben
19-11-10, 11:11 AM
If you take the car in on a trailor with no wheels then you dont need logbook or vin plates...
Ifits a bre shell he wont be driving it in anyhow, cant see how you take it in makes a difference?

Rickyb
19-11-10, 11:29 AM
just dont give them a log book or anything if thay say awt tell them you bought the car for parts about 6 months ago (before the new logbook) and the previous owner sent the log book in as scraped as thay didnt want it back on the road.
with that you shouldnt have any problems but thay may take your name and address tho just incase anything goes back to them.
rick

L14MNP
19-11-10, 07:20 PM

This sounds pretty plausible TBH. I weighed another car in with a mate today, had the V5 for this one, but whilst there I asked the guy what the score is on a bare shell. He say's no need to log books as it counts as light steel, and depolluted. £160 p/t atm so not bad. We got £213 for a Volvo 740 with two 1400 engines in the boot. Not bad IMO, obviosuly we kept the wheels, cat, tax blah blah.

Looks like it should be easy to get shot of mine then.. :thumb:

Cheers for all the replies.