PDA

View Full Version : What to do

frillip
30-05-03, 05:25 PM
Right people i am being given a W reg corsa for my bday and so far all insurance qoutes have been neat 1300 third party and its only a 1ltr trip but one sed 850 with pass plus and also i will b 18 wen i want the insurance

But the other day whilst drivin the car roudn with my father whos a drivin instructor :lol: sez to me u can either sell the car for 2500 and buy another and then pay insurance with the money
I have thought about this abit but not sure as i realy like the corsa and have got big plans for it but insurance is gonna kill me to pay

wats other people reckon i shud do???

Tilly
30-05-03, 05:29 PM
that sounds steep for insurance have u shopped about?

frillip
30-05-03, 05:32 PM
yer about 9 or 10 places and liv vic wont insure it 3rd party cus of the newness vauxhall qouted me 20003rd party and 2300 fully comp:S idiots

and that 1300 is the cheapest ive found some have been 2500 3rd party

lol at higgest fully comp 4500 took the pi$$

Alex
30-05-03, 05:34 PM
sell it and get a non-girly car. perhaps a nova!

frillip
30-05-03, 05:35 PM
i like it so i dont really care wat ppl say about them but i want a nice gd lookin car fairly newish if i do sell it
and no doubt mikes gonna come on and say nooooooo dont get the micra lol

wisewood
30-05-03, 05:37 PM
novaload.net links topic in this forum - 24 insurance companies websites linked to from there.

try them... gotta find something cheaper!!!

frillip
30-05-03, 05:38 PM
yeh i will just want some ppls opinions first tho innit

wisewood
30-05-03, 05:40 PM
well personally i would keep the car...
it reasonably new, and although its only a 1.0 its gonna be cheaper on insurance than a bigger engine, and gets you some experience driving a bit before you get a bigger engine. that way apart from being safer, you appreciate the bigger engine when you get it lol.

frillip
30-05-03, 05:42 PM
exactly and i wanna modify it etc once i start my electrical apprentice ship :lol: 200 quid a week whilst trainin pretty gd i thnk

ne way ill most likely keep car and borrow money till i can pay it back etc

Cjscooby
31-05-03, 12:20 AM
Buy an Nova

mikeoxford
31-05-03, 12:26 AM
:lol: buy a nova

modify it heavily

rent my garage

pay ?1k fully comp :D

sorted

mike

LOL seriously mate

wahat ever you do - dont do micra :( keep with the corsa. im gonna fone around myself for you LOL cos thats a piss take! whats so special about a 1.0lt corsa compared to a high risk nova!

as far as i see it, novas are easily nicked, broken into, thrashed, loads of crashes

corsa is new, more modern features, airbags etc, meets more stringet safety tests (wuith better results than nova)

they cant justify that price

someones pulling your plonka, honnestly, big stylee

OH and WHATEVER you do - no one takes any notice of me :@

you MUST go on your own insurance from DAY ONE

MUST

otherwise your insurance will never come down, ever.

Fester
31-05-03, 02:06 AM
get a nova, go your own insurance

sorted

frillip
31-05-03, 07:29 PM
thye was for my own insurance and mike why do u need to hre ure garage :S

i got my own

mikeoxford
31-05-03, 11:29 PM
thye was for my own insurance and mike why do u need to hre ure garage :S

i got my own

well judging by your insurance quotes our area seems cheeper to insure a car from............

mike

PS having said that, you could rent the parking space at our holiday park in wales, DIRT cheap insurance then!

only problem is you have to live there X amount of months a year for your insurance to be valid!!!

frillip
31-05-03, 11:31 PM
fook going to liv there lol

mikeoxford
31-05-03, 11:33 PM
lol where we are in wales ent too bad, as theres no inner city tw@ts thinking there rude boys like in birm or whatever, u can leave your car open, doors windows etc, and its an excuse to have bbqs and get bladdered loads, its an escape from birmingham, and to be fair its mint in good weather

shite in bad weather though

mmmmmm

theres an idea if the weather stays like this :P 8) nice cold pint in the bear garden

Jim
01-06-03, 11:18 AM
Why not ask if one of your parents can get insured on it and then you get insured under their name? Ok, you wont be building up your NCB straight away but it'll be a lot cheaper, plus it'll give you a bit of breathing space to get your pass plus. Also, next year you can say you've got a years driving experience if you do want to get your own insurance. It won't take as much off as 1 years worth of NCB, but it's better than nothing.

Other than that you're just going to have to accpet the fact that premiums have gone up. You're 18 years old wanting insurance on a W reg car :|

Jim

frillip
01-06-03, 11:32 AM
pass plus will be done peice a piss within couple of days of passin test

but i think my parents want me to startgettin ncb straight away u see thats why they aint tried on their own insurance yet

Nova-Boy
01-06-03, 11:59 AM
850 is far too mcuh for a 1.0L with a pass pluss if your 18. I am paying 950 on a 1.2 with pass pluss and i'm 17.

Sell the car and get another thats bigger engine size and cheaper insurance.

Like a Nova! :lol: