PDA

View Full Version : changing my hatch to a van.

Rickyb
16-11-10, 09:27 PM
hi all ive been trying to get a nova van for ages but not having much look so with the help of some coments on facebook i was thinking of changing my nova hatch in to a nova van but my van insurance policy wont class it as a van so just woundering how would i go about changing it on the logbook so it comes up as a van?
if it can be done im going to have the back three windows stickerd in a red film so you cant see threw them and strip all the back end and board the floor.
what do you all think of my plan?
rick

Pete
16-11-10, 09:56 PM
Theres a van for sale in the for sale section buddy

AlexW
17-11-10, 12:11 AM
WHY do you want to change it to a van on the logbook etc. Insurance wouldnt care, and it would only put the price up.

Bubba
17-11-10, 12:23 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158908

thats why you declare it

AlexW
17-11-10, 12:26 AM
Thats not how i ment bubba, I ment like the fact that having it as a "Van" will be like that. Surly just declaring window tints is the best thing to do?

Bubba
17-11-10, 12:28 AM
aah right i see what you mean...my bad.

Rickyb
17-11-10, 08:46 AM
what it is is ive got a v an policy running from my transit which got wrote off last month so i need to change the vehicle on the policy as i didnt get my transit back as if i cancel my policy thay want £265 of me and i lose this years no claims but now there saying ive got till the end of this month to swap it or thay are going to cancel the policy and charge me the money.
so if i cancel and pay them i wont get my 4 years no claims il get 3
and if i cancel and dont pay them the money i wont get any proof of my no claims bonus so basicly i need a van to swap my insurance on to to keep it running till the end (feb) so this is why i need it to be a van as thay wont take a cars reg and put it on a van policy.
rick

Rickyb
17-11-10, 08:47 AM
oh and ive messaged the fella with the van in for sale but he hasnt replyed.

draper
17-11-10, 08:51 AM
For the sake of having to get it reclassified (I'm assuming sva tests etc) and the cost involved it would probab ly be cheaper to pay the £265 and start again

db_1.2
17-11-10, 09:03 AM
You should be able to change it to a van, i heard thats what they do in Ireland to get cheaper road tax?

AlexW
17-11-10, 12:55 PM
IF its doable, the dvla will take 6weeks for the logbook anyway.

Easier to find a new van.

Rickyb
17-11-10, 08:05 PM
Easier to find a new van.

aye im starting to think that.