PDA

View Full Version : Human observations

brownbear
15-11-10, 09:54 PM
Now I think this could be pretty funny as we can all relate to stupid stuff we do... So just post up a random thing you do that are the polar opposite to what the instructions say.

I'll start.

Why do I read "pierce several times" but action it as "stabbing the sh1t out of it till it looks like the cellophane is about to collapse/has split" when it comes to a microwave meal.

Lynsey
15-11-10, 09:55 PM
'Drink responsibly' lol

wwmnw
15-11-10, 09:57 PM
Pretty much anything that says "Do not..." I do.

mowgli
15-11-10, 10:06 PM
dry clean only........load of shyte.....

disconnect from mains before opening cover......pfffft

everything to do with fireworks really........

Nova_Tek
15-11-10, 10:10 PM
err probably loads of stuff but the only one that comes to mind is 'ejecting memory sticks before removal' (Mac) I just yank it out.

mowgli
15-11-10, 10:14 PM
chucking warm tap water all over frosted windscreens.....after 25 years, you'd think i'd have realised its going to shatter the glass.....................NOT

brownbear
15-11-10, 10:14 PM
err probably loads of stuff but the only one that comes to mind is 'ejecting memory sticks before removal' (Mac) I just yank it out.

Repped! Don't you just love the warning on a mac. It's almost like it's saying look you really shouldn't do that, But it's ok. I'm a mac.

brownbear
15-11-10, 10:15 PM
chucking warm tap water all over frosted windscreens.....after 25 years, you'd think i'd have realised its going to shatter the glass.....................NOT

Repped, Glad it's not just me!!

Hayley
15-11-10, 10:16 PM
wet paint signs - must.... not... touch...paint

ben doodar
15-11-10, 10:17 PM
Why does it always say the cooking times on microwave meals underneath it. So when ur half way through and forget how long it says. You have to lift it above head hight and try not to spill it on your face.

brownbear
15-11-10, 10:18 PM
Why does it always say the cooking times on microwave meals underneath it. So when ur half way through and forget how long it says. You have to lift it above head hight and try not to spill it on your face.

Take the cardboard sleeve off! Or stop buying them at iceland. lol

Paul
When buying a new grinder, the first thing I do is unbolt the guard and throw it in the bin.

Do not mix cleaning products with other may cause harmful gases, load of cobblers.

Do not take this medicine with others or drink alcohol whislt on it, load of cobblers.

brownbear

Do you do the "well how wet is it?" "how long has the sign been up?"

I MUST CHECK!! lol

brownbear
15-11-10, 10:19 PM
Am I the only one that sees the "how fast you are driving signs" as How high can I get the numbers competition??

Spudly
15-11-10, 10:20 PM
Am I the only one that sees the "how fast you are driving signs" as How high can I get the numbers competition??

Lol there is one on the way into scarborough and it flashes '30' at you if youre going over the limit, my mate always goes 'lying sign im clearly doing 40' lol

brownbear
15-11-10, 10:24 PM
Lol there is one on the way into scarborough and it flashes '30' at you if youre going over the limit, my mate always goes 'lying sign im clearly doing 40' lol

Lol we have one over near the scrappers on a private road owned by the scrap yards, Had a reet laugh in the G with it, It flashes your speed at you, Out of the corner and watch the numbers climb.

wwmnw
15-11-10, 10:49 PM

If I hung a sign on my winkie saying do not touch... ?

MK999
15-11-10, 10:53 PM
Do not mix cleaning products with other may cause harmful gases, load of cobblers.

Actually bleach is the key ingredient in this one, chucks out some nice chlorine gas if you mix it with the right thing lol Also decorators alchohol wipes and cillit bang makes you high as fcuking kite! As does gloss paint in non ventilated areas... as does the cupboard we keep solvents in, fermenting away and locked.... amount of times I've been paid to get high on various chemicals at work lol

Hayley
15-11-10, 11:09 PM
If I hung a sign on my winkie saying do not touch... ?

lol well it would be hard not to check

Jack
15-11-10, 11:10 PM
lol well it would be hard
:eek:

Hayley
15-11-10, 11:17 PM
oh hai there

Lee
15-11-10, 11:24 PM
Today I came a cross a problem i was working on, and decided to think about it whilst smoking a cigarette. It was at least 5 minutes before i realised i was leaning on a full gas bottle whilst I was pondering.

If I blew up, I would hope that i would have got into the Darwins for that little lapse in concentration lol

TeddyThom
15-11-10, 11:29 PM
Lol we have one over near the scrappers on a private road owned by the scrap yards, Had a reet laugh in the G with it, It flashes your speed at you, Out of the corner and watch the numbers climb.

I have something similar lol always gets the middle finger as I pass it!

Sloth
15-11-10, 11:32 PM
do not annoy the mods.....

Lewis.
15-11-10, 11:36 PM
those flashing speed signs dont work in treble figures lol i proved that on my bike in summer lol

TeddyThom
15-11-10, 11:57 PM
do not annoy the mods.....

I'm not annoying anyone if this is aimed at me...

Spudly
16-11-10, 12:00 AM
I'm not annoying anyone if this is aimed at me...

Lol no he isnt bud, he is speaking from experience as he has been banned more time than the banstick has been waved lol

Sloth
16-11-10, 12:01 AM
lol cheers spud, yhpm mate.

TeddyThom
16-11-10, 12:04 AM
Lol no he isnt bud, he is speaking from experience as he has been banned more time than the banstick has been waved lol

lol fair enough

mowgli
16-11-10, 08:30 AM

so rob has actually been banned on occasion without any intervention from the mods?... cool.

L14MNP
16-11-10, 09:01 AM
Removing an in-tank fuel pump from my car and as it was still submersed I couldn't see how it unclipped, so my mate in all of his wisdom decides to stick his head in the hole - complete with lit cigarette in mouth to investigate!

I do some stupid/interesting things, but i'm surprised we're both still here after he done that! lol

mowgli
16-11-10, 09:14 AM
petrol only burns with a cigarette on the telly...not in real life.. according to mythbusters

L14MNP
16-11-10, 09:24 AM
I guess it must be true then, as the vapours will have been extremely concentrated.

Still, it's not something a person with a modicum of common sense would do is it lol

On a sidenote, I must be the only bloke who hates Myth Busters. Too much farting around and too American.

The one where they attempted to debunk the moon landing was the only episode close to entertaining for me, not because of the content, more the subject.
Until they needed to see if you really could leave a footprint in an atmosphere similar to the moon and how a flag would react in 1/8 gravity.

Hmm now where to find a chamber that could recreate minimal gravity....

Like NASA would have ever let them out of there had they proven it to be BS!

mowgli
16-11-10, 09:45 AM
their finest hour was when they proved that when it hits the fan, everyone gets a bit... 100% true...

simple moon myth debunking time.. the ruskies would have come out and said it wasn't true & then proved it...
its all based on the film capricorn 1, which was a pretty good bit of sci fi, but there were 500000 people working on the moon project, surely there would have been a whistle blower...

L14MNP
16-11-10, 10:27 AM
I don't doubt the USA has been, hence the reflectors left there. I'm not so sure they did in 1969 though. There's too many discrepancies, perfect photographs etc.

Who filmed Armstrong coming down the ladder on the moon lander? lol

Sloth
16-11-10, 11:05 AM
it was a camera on a robotic arm off the side of it.

BongMong
16-11-10, 11:26 AM
wear protection,.. aka put a sock on it!!..

Spudly
16-11-10, 12:16 PM
so rob has actually been banned on occasion without any intervention from the mods?... cool.

Yup, spellbot did it lol

MK999
16-11-10, 12:36 PM
petrol only burns with a cigarette on the telly...not in real life.. according to mythbusters

Can put a cigarette out in petrol, flash point is far higher than the temp a cigarette burns at. It's when he tries relighting it that you get issues lol

Nova_Tek
16-11-10, 12:49 PM
Repped! Don't you just love the warning on a mac. It's almost like it's saying look you really shouldn't do that, But it's ok. I'm a mac.

Thanks man, you know how it feels then.

Yeah it kinda gets on my nerves coz no harm is actually done if you allow it to stop writing before you yank it out :)

Oh well lol

mowgli
16-11-10, 01:16 PM
Can put a cigarette out in petrol, flash point is far higher than the temp a cigarette burns at. It's when he tries relighting it that you get issues lol

might be, but i guarantee you its more effective than nicorettes...

Sloth
16-11-10, 03:51 PM
Yup, spellbot did it lol

which shows spellbot is a mod, and thus has dual accounts. naughty naughty.

Spudly
16-11-10, 03:52 PM
which shows spellbot is a mod, and thus has dual accounts. naughty naughty.

Lol err nope, besides the dual accounts thing only really applies to those trying to avoid a ban :p

Mike
16-11-10, 04:41 PM

Correct, I droped a light cigarette in a Nova fuel tank with 1/4 in an it didnt go bang.

Jack
16-11-10, 04:41 PM
Why the fcuk would the spellbot change someone's avatar lol

mowgli
16-11-10, 04:43 PM
being brave, or attempting to get rid of said nova???

they also proved that a speeding car with a fuel leak only needed to do something like 15mph to beat a flame....

and that shooting the tank won't explode the car, even with 50 calibre tracer rounds.

Mike
16-11-10, 04:44 PM
Wear eye protection - No, ill just squint.

May cause in injury, serious bodily harm or death - Tell it to some one who cares.

One way - does not apply to white vans.

Spudly
16-11-10, 04:46 PM
Why the fcuk would the spellbot change someone's avatar lol

Noone said he/she/it did, i said it was spellbot who banned rob on the odd occaision that a mod never waved the sword :p

Jack
16-11-10, 04:50 PM
Ok how the funk would spellbot ban someone then lol

Mike
16-11-10, 04:50 PM
2011's must have T shirt.....

"I am Spellbot"

L14MNP
16-11-10, 04:51 PM
One way - does not apply to white vans.

It does when I force you back the way you came! lol

Spudly
16-11-10, 04:52 PM
Ok how the funk would spellbot ban someone then lol

I dunno, im not a bot so i dont know how they compute:p

Mike
16-11-10, 04:52 PM
It does when I force you back the way you came! lol

Foot paths are not just for peds you know Liam :p

L14MNP
16-11-10, 04:56 PM
lol. It's a good job I don't drive a van every day. I have way too much fun when I get them though. :d

bazil
16-11-10, 06:21 PM
Read the instructions before first use.........

Hmmmm that would spoil the " HOW THE FCUK DO YOU WORK THIS BLOODY THING!!!1!1! " moment lol

TeddyThom
16-11-10, 09:35 PM
Read the instructions before first use.........

Hmmmm that would spoil the " HOW THE FCUK DO YOU WORK THIS BLOODY THING!!!1!1! " moment lol

Plug it in? lol