PDA

View Full Version : Need help as i'm a bit ****e!lol

Mcgowan
14-11-10, 09:23 PM
My nova was in for mot on thursday and it failed on 5 minor things which i was very impressed with considering it hasn't been on the road in years!lol i've done them all apart from the horn wasn't working but i'm proper bamboozled! The horn itself is fine, connections are fine but it's at the wheel end of things nothings happening i've held the live on the ignition barrel and lower part of the column and the horn works but if i put it onto the spliney bit of the column where the wheel goes on there's nothing, how can it not be earthed there if it is lower down!!?????

Jack
14-11-10, 09:29 PM
Has the steering wheel got the metal earth ring bit on it?

Mcgowan
14-11-10, 09:32 PM
You mean the plastic bit with the gold ring that pushes against the spring loaded live??

Spudly
14-11-10, 09:35 PM
Bridge the bottom part out like i told Frase, column is the earth not the live :p

AlanH
14-11-10, 09:42 PM
or just put it on a switch, thats what i did w mine nd passed lol

Mcgowan
14-11-10, 09:48 PM
I couldn't work out what this meant and your bein **** an not answerin your phone!lol :p i know the column is the earth thats why the horn worked when i held the live on it!lol butttt.. What i can't work out is why the lower part of the column sleeving cage thing is earthed but the top bit which is the actual column isn't, i obvioulsly can't put a wire to the column as it needs to spin though so what the mess do i do!! I'm well confuzzled!!!!!!!!!

Mcgowan
14-11-10, 09:51 PM
or just put it on a switch, thats what i did w mine nd passed lol

I have been very much considerin this but as a last resort as i really wanna sort it properly as i'll bet it's something really obvious!lol