PDA

View Full Version : funny loud creak...

AW3K
30-05-03, 01:41 AM
Hi

I got in the back of my nova to pull the seats up cos i wanted more boot space and when i got into the car. it made this really loud creak. it's done this before when people have got in, sounds like it comes from the wheel area.

Any ideas

Thanks

Andrew

Aragorn
30-05-03, 08:16 AM
its yer handbrake - it either u havent pulled the lever enough and its simply not on enough or one (or both) of your drums need adjusting

ade
30-05-03, 12:28 PM
or its the springs groaning. Mine used to do this before I changed my springs. Changed them to lower ones and it stopped.

Aragorns answer os prob the most obvious prob though

Ade

AW3K
30-05-03, 12:30 PM
it stops doing it ,

it appears after long journeys then goes when i do short ones.

confussed??

AW3K

Aragorn
30-05-03, 12:46 PM
next time it does it get you and a mate to attempt to push the car back (prolly easiest to push the door frame with the doors open)

if its the brakes it should do it

AW3K
30-05-03, 12:52 PM
does it sound like the drums are seizing or sticking? what would i need to do? what would i need.

i don't know how long the car had been stood b4 i got it but i know the front calipers were seized and the pads warn right down on one side.

my list to-do when i finish coll:

fit new plugs
new rocker cover and inlet manifold gaskets

and now breaks

oh and body work

Thanks

AW3K

mikeoxford
30-05-03, 11:51 PM
does your hand brake stick over night if its damp?

AW3K
30-05-03, 11:58 PM
erm i don't know cos the only time i drive the car is when i go to work at 5pm. lol

But every so often when i turn the key to the just dash, the hand break light dun come on until i let it off and back on again.

i did notice that when ever the light don't work, when i release the hand break either left or right of the car lowers.. if that makes sense?

thanks

AW3K