PDA

View Full Version : Corsa 2.5 v6 helpp

corsav6
11-11-10, 10:12 PM
Hi i recently posted on here with my corsa/calibra v6 running problemssThe car is perfect untill about 3mins of driving it..I dont no if its a temprature ..or a sencor problem..when ive been driving the car for a few mins it loses alot of power and does not drive fast as when i first start the car...if i leave the car for 10 mins its still runs slow..if i leave it all night and drive again in the morning its fine agen till a few mins...ive chainged the coil pack and upgraded the leads to 10mm..brand new spark plugs..and ive changed the rocker covers to the alloy ones so theres no leaks now..the car is still the same and im starting to lose my temper with it...its a 1995 v6 2.5...and the ecu light is on..please could somone help ...ive asked garage to do a diagnostic test but there all plonkers and dont seem to no what there doing..any info would help...could be fueling problem im not sure...???:mad:

Sloth
11-11-10, 10:26 PM
if the lights on flash the codes out.

Damo
11-11-10, 10:55 PM
What fuel pump have got on the car? is it the original or an MPI pump?

Damo.

corsav6
11-11-10, 11:04 PM
if the lights on flash the codes out.
I actually think its the cavalier engine..there is no pin in the plug where it says put the paper clip..im going to upload a few pics of the diagnostic plug tomoz...

corsav6
11-11-10, 11:05 PM
What fuel pump have got on the car? is it the original or an MPI pump?

Damo.
honestly dont no damo..is there anyway off telling ??

Damo
11-11-10, 11:09 PM
Yea take the pump out as it could have the original pump in there what engine was in it previously? The pump should be metal if is not and its plsatic then its not up to the job and carnt supply enough fuel pressure to the engine. When the engines cold it gets a richer mixture thus making it ok from a first start but after once warmed it carnt get enough fuel.

grubz172
12-11-10, 12:05 AM
if your struggling to find diagnostic plug find the brown and yellow wire in drivers footwell on the engine loom and earth it .. should flash the codes .. also is this the brocade yellow one around /swinton?

corsav6
12-11-10, 07:18 AM
if your struggling to find diagnostic plug find the brown and yellow wire in drivers footwell on the engine loom and earth it .. should flash the codes .. also is this the brocade yellow one around /swinton?
ye thats the one mate...right i no wer those wires r..you want me to link them together??

corsav6
12-11-10, 07:19 AM
Yea take the pump out as it could have the original pump in there what engine was in it previously? The pump should be metal if is not and its plsatic then its not up to the job and carnt supply enough fuel pressure to the engine. When the engines cold it gets a richer mixture thus making it ok from a first start but after once warmed it carnt get enough fuel.
ok will check later cheers

comptoncj
12-11-10, 07:33 AM
I would say it could be the fuel pump too

grubz172
12-11-10, 10:57 AM
ye thats the one mate...right i no wer those wires r..you want me to link them together??

its just one wire .. a striped yellow and brown , earth it somewhere on the car and it should flash codes if the wiring has been done properly, and you probz seen my green corsa with the cav slabs round there then

Jack
12-11-10, 11:04 AM
Have you tried running it with various sensors unplugged to see if they make a difference? I'd try AFM then knock sensors. Also seen a duff CTS can cause bad running too. If unplugging a sensor makes no change, its a possiblility that particular one is goosed...

[edit] but as above, check for error codes too as a failed sensor should pop an error up.

corsav6
13-11-10, 08:37 PM
its just one wire .. a striped yellow and brown , earth it somewhere on the car and it should flash codes if the wiring has been done properly, and you probz seen my green corsa with the cav slabs round there then
is it a dark green corsa?? ive seen a few..do you go traford on fridays??

corsav6
13-11-10, 08:38 PM
Have you tried running it with various sensors unplugged to see if they make a difference? I'd try AFM then knock sensors. Also seen a duff CTS can cause bad running too. If unplugging a sensor makes no change, its a possiblility that particular one is goosed...

[edit] but as above, check for error codes too as a failed sensor should pop an error up.
hi ye dun the maf sensor..i aint got a clue where the knock sencers are??

grubz172
13-11-10, 10:11 PM
is it a dark green corsa?? ive seen a few..do you go traford on fridays??

yeh the dark green one and i go now and then .. so have you found the problem yet?

corsav6
14-11-10, 07:29 AM
yeh the dark green one and i go now and then .. so have you found the problem yet?
Im going to find the diag wires today n try that ..if i cnt find it r u able to show me?

corsav6
14-11-10, 08:45 AM
right ive found the diag plug..its built into the fusebox...ive looked at the loom to the ecu and theres a few brown n yellow wires.. the wires that go in the diag plug are red..red n brown..brown x3 ..white n brown..theres no yellow n brown goin into the diag plug..im so close to torchin the b****rd..are you local mate???

Damo
14-11-10, 09:24 AM
right ive found the diag plug..its built into the fusebox...ive looked at the loom to the ecu and theres a few brown n yellow wires.. the wires that go in the diag plug are red..red n brown..brown x3 ..white n brown..theres no yellow n brown goin into the diag plug..im so close to torchin the b****rd..are you local mate???

They wont have wired the V6 loom into the diag plug you will have to earth the brown yellow from the engine loom yourself.

corsav6
14-11-10, 09:27 AM
They wont have wired the V6 loom into the diag plug you will have to earth the brown yellow from the engine loom yourself.
ok theres a few on the loom..anyway of describin which one it is mate?

Damo
14-11-10, 09:35 AM
ok theres a few on the loom..anyway of describin which one it is mate?

There should only be one brown wire with a yellow trace are far as i know this one needs to be earthed.

corsav6
14-11-10, 09:37 AM
There should only be one brown wire with a yellow trace are far as i know this one needs to be earthed.
ok ill go n mess with it nw cheers

corsav6
14-11-10, 09:50 AM
right i just checked..there are 2 brown and yellow wires..about 4 pins apart from each othe on the ecu..just dont want to blow a fuse..any ideas? cheers

Damo
14-11-10, 09:57 AM
right i just checked..there are 2 brown and yellow wires..about 4 pins apart from each othe on the ecu..just dont want to blow a fuse..any ideas? cheers

Its not on the ecu mate there in the same area as the blue /green etc was that you joined to the dash to get temp reading rev counter etc.

corsav6
14-11-10, 10:05 AM
Its not on the ecu mate there in the same area as the blue /green etc was that you joined to the dash to get temp reading rev counter etc.
lol i aint got a clue mate..theres that many wires under there..its confusing..what other wires run with it? and where exactly does the brown n yellow go??

Damo
14-11-10, 10:10 AM
lol i aint got a clue mate..theres that many wires under there..its confusing..what other wires run with it? and where exactly does the brown n yellow go??

it should run with the wires that had the plugs on from the donor car that connected in the footwell where the ecu was i think the plugs were green/ black the wire may run to a plug but the plug may have been cut off???

Have a look it in the articles section under HOW TO wire a 2lt into a nova that should give you some idea mate.

Damo
14-11-10, 10:14 AM
Here you go mate

These are the plugs,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Nova%20LET%20Build/3Plugs.jpg

these are what they do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Nova%20LET%20Build/letwiringdiagram3plugskd4.jpg

Damo.

corsav6
14-11-10, 10:44 AM
Here you go mate

These are the plugs,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Nova%20LET%20Build/3Plugs.jpg

these are what they do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Nova%20LET%20Build/letwiringdiagram3plugskd4.jpg

Damo.
is it the yellow one on the green plug?? cheers

Damo
14-11-10, 10:49 AM
is it the yellow one on the green plug?? cheers

Yea mate pin 4 on the green plug brown/yellow.

Damo.

corsav6
14-11-10, 10:53 AM
ok i dont think i have these plugs..well ive not come across them yet..going to finish my cofee then ill go and have a look..cant beleve ive got to do this my self..garages wont touch it..well thats what ya got to put up with owning a corsa v6 ey :)

Damo
14-11-10, 10:57 AM
ok i dont think i have these plugs..well ive not come across them yet..going to finish my cofee then ill go and have a look..cant beleve ive got to do this my self..garages wont touch it..well thats what ya got to put up with owning a corsa v6 ey :)

Ey it part n parcel of owning a performance car mate like i said they may have been cut off and taped into the loom so look for any new tape if you carnt find them.

corsav6
14-11-10, 11:18 AM
Ey it part n parcel of owning a performance car mate like i said they may have been cut off and taped into the loom so look for any new tape if you carnt find them.
Honostly aint got a clue mate..the cars been like this for 6months now and i cant be ar*d anymore..Its mad ive got like £500 spare to fix it but no one will look at it