PDA

View Full Version : Skydive/Bungee Jump/Wingwalk etc etc

Paul
11-11-10, 09:40 PM
Having been on one of them Skycoaster things many moons ago, I fancy doing either a skydive or a bungee jump, anyone ever done one and point me in the right direction.

Ive seen a 300ft crane bungee jump for £80...

Can I do a skydive on my own? i dont want to do one of them nancy tandem jumps. I have no previous experience by the way.

Also I beleive I am too fat to do wingwalking, think you have to be under 80kg?

Any ideas chaps

base jumping, is that even legal? :confused:

Cle
11-11-10, 09:41 PM
iirc you cant skydive on your own for a while ie untill you get experiance and they no your not going to kill yourslef

Bubba
11-11-10, 09:42 PM
base jumping is illegal.

i dont know about skydiving, my mate did her first one but it was a tandem one

Adam
11-11-10, 09:42 PM
You cant do a skydive on your own afaik.
Me and a few mates from work looked at doing it a while back.

Alex J
11-11-10, 09:47 PM
stunt plane you chicken!!!!!!!

wwmnw
11-11-10, 10:05 PM
Try skydiving, at least you know if you get it wrong you don't need to waste money trying again :thumb:

Ben
11-11-10, 10:53 PM
Paul

Have looked into this and for skydiving you can do it alone but need mucho training, its the only option ive got to do one due to size and weight, the worldwide cut off for a tandem is about 16st ish.

TeddyThom
12-11-10, 12:48 AM
base jumping is illegal.

i dont know about skydiving, my mate did her first one but it was a tandem one

Base jumping isn't illegal. There is a televised series type of thing. Unless that's just in America... :confused:

Angus Closier
12-11-10, 10:05 AM
Paul

Have looked into this and for skydiving you can do it alone but need mucho training, its the only option ive got to do one due to size and weight, the worldwide cut off for a tandem is about 16st ish.

You can Jump on your own, its called static line jumping. You have a cord attached to the plane and when you jump out it rips the parashoot out for you. Doing this you dont get much free fall etc etc and you have to have some rough training on how to land and steer etc. Tamdem jumping is you with another guy/girl strapped to your back to do the hard bits, this is expensive but if you have never been I can tell you that you wont want to get out of that plane without them making you! I Hopfully will do the remaining jumps I need to do to get my licence in the summer.

Non of it is cheap to start with, however when I have my licence I can do any accelrated free fall jumps (on my own 12000ft) for around £20 a go.

Its well worth it!

(o Yeh for tandem there is normally a weight limit of around 14st)

Base jumping is not to be tried unless you know what your doing.

Bungee jumping is also good fun, You get the rush of free fall just like skydiving but you dont get the other bits like after you have opened the shoot.

Wing walking, well thats on my list!:thumb:

Angus Closier
12-11-10, 10:06 AM
Base jumping isn't illegal. There is a televised series type of thing. Unless that's just in America... :confused:

You can do whatever you want, base jumping is illegal when you jump off other peoples buildings!!!

There is nothing to say you can jump off your own roof!

1chiz
12-11-10, 12:45 PM
As already mentioned you will have to static line jump (not worth it as no real freefall) or tandem for your first dozen or so jumps or do a corse (expensive) but when you have finished the corse you will be then qualified to pack your own shoot and could base jump if so desired. (Legal locations obviously) I went to hibaldstow near Scunthorpe which is the highest uk jump at 16000 ft, they have a weight limit of 16st i think and cost about £120 although they do discounts for larger parties and you can get it down to about a ton for about twelve people. Got to be done once at least i'd say, what a rush!

Ben
12-11-10, 12:49 PM
Im going to have a look into options when in NZ later this year, but am struggling to find anyone to do the static line as well.

Angus Closier
12-11-10, 01:12 PM
I wouldnt bother with static line unless you want to bump the number of jumps you have under your belt. If you are the correct weight then just get on and do a tamdem you wont regret it!

Ben
12-11-10, 01:25 PM
cant see myself losing 4 stone anytime soon unless i chop of my legs below my knees!

Alex J
12-11-10, 05:07 PM
ive done a bungee jump, and a sky dive tandem, boring compared to a advanced stunt plane ride i kid you not!!