PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi wheel nuts

Jack
11-11-10, 08:04 PM
Had the locking wheel nuts replaced on Hayley's Colt CZT by Mitsubishi (some issue with them not working on the space saver iirc), but in their wisdom they swapped them over but forgot to give her the key.

Now she's got two tyres waiting to go on, and obviously can't get the wheels off. Mitsubishi reckon it will take 3 weeks to order in another locking nut set, and that they don't keep spares, and even if they did they're all different anyway supposedly. So why them ordering another set will help, fcuk knows.

I suspect the sales assistant pleb was talking turnips, so are any locking nuts from another colt (or even a different mitsubishi) likely to fit?

John
11-11-10, 08:11 PM
Who replaced the locking wheel nuts and didn't put the key in the car? the dealer? if so go dump it on their forecourt with the tyres in. Get courtesy car, tell them to ring when it's sorted.

Jack
11-11-10, 08:24 PM
Apparently so. Hayley reckons they only thing they gave her was the box for the new nuts, which had the old nuts in it. No key lol

John
11-11-10, 08:26 PM
Apparently so. Hayley reckons they only thing they gave her was the box for the new nuts, which had the old nuts in it. No key lol

Go take it back and carefully place the 2 new tyres over one of the service receptionists, and roll them away! Bunch of numpties!

Cle
11-11-10, 08:27 PM
you might be lucky to find another colt with the same nuts alot of cars have the same patterned nuts/studs so maybe try find another

John
11-11-10, 08:28 PM
you might be lucky to find another colt with the same nuts alot of cars have the same patterned nuts/studs so maybe try find another

Why should they though, the dealer funked up!

Cle
11-11-10, 08:30 PM
to save hassle if they needed the car sorted soonish

karlgardner
11-11-10, 08:33 PM
most dealers will have a master set of all combinations if not nowadays you can order them through the reg number or chassis number. i know this is the case with bmw vauxhall merc. sounds like the service dept are at it.

Hayley
11-11-10, 08:42 PM
Insert much angered Hayley stage left. :mad:

Guy from the garage said he would ring me back to let me know if he had managed to order me a new set... bu surprise surprise no phone call. so I will have to chase them again 2moro. The stupid 1st guy I spoke to just suggested using an air chisel?! mucho damage to my wheels likel there. cheers
I have already paid for the fitting at the garage my new tyres are currently being stored so Im loathed to take them all the way down to the mitsubishi garage in protest.

I have about 500 miles left on my 2 front tyres till im all illegal and seeing as i park my car every day in the Police hq, thats prob not a good idea. So looks lke there will be a trip to mitsubishi garage 2moro to demand they sort it. They MUST have something that can get my bloody locking nuts off! not asking a lot i reckon.

And to top it all off, the bulb in my bathroom blew while i was in the bloomin bath = dark bath! not as fun as it sounds. lol

reevie1987
11-11-10, 08:51 PM
when that happens at my work hayley we just weld something to the nut and then crack them off but i would personally do what john said

Ben
11-11-10, 10:51 PM
For sure would dump the car the dealers, park it on the forecourt with a sign in the window explaining what they have done!

Imagine if you had a puncture on the motorway?

bazil
11-11-10, 11:23 PM
Tbh it relativly easy to remove locking nuts ( as a previous thread will testify ) but if you damaging them then I imagine the dealer will say " sorry that damaged and not our problem now "

as ben says, puncture is a big problem now,
as the others say, go to dealer in irate woman mode lol

Ben
11-11-10, 11:36 PM
Tbh it relativly easy to remove locking nuts ( as a previous thread will testify ) but if you damaging them then I imagine the dealer will say " sorry that damaged and not our problem now "

Agree its not hard but lets face it why the hell should Hayley have to pay or organise for the removal of them when its down to complete incompetence!

bazil
11-11-10, 11:43 PM
If you don't take the car to them they won't do anything, just supply the removal tool 3 weeks late and probably not even get an apology,
but
if you were the service manager faced with a irate female customer I'm pretty sure you would get it sorted rather sharp, I know I would.

wwmnw
11-11-10, 11:44 PM
There is ways to get them off, surely Jack knows how.

Jack
12-11-10, 07:43 AM
Angry Hayley is quite effective. lol

There is ways to get them off, surely Jack knows how.
Oh yeah, but I don't really want to damage the wheels, studs or nuts in the process if I can avoid it.

I just looked on CCUK, I posted the same topic in their off topic forum just before I did on here - thinking, jap car owners will know, being a jap car question. 4 views, no replies, and its already way down the forum. "Friendliest car club on the internet" my fcuking ar$ehole lol

karlgardner
12-11-10, 08:19 AM
Does the box with the bolts in have a piece of cardboard in it? if so the locking nut code should be printed on it and as for 3 weeks to order a new one is just balls. they will have a master set and should be able to v.o.r order a replacement for next day.

mowgli
12-11-10, 08:25 AM
when we owned the omega estate, it went into kwikfit for new tyres, and the fitter lad told my missus that he couldn't find the locking nut thingy & he'd looked in the glove boot & all the cubby holes, so she rang me, and in a reception full of people she said to him, 'have you looked in the boot where they keep the spare, jack, spanner & adaptor???'

Hayley
12-11-10, 09:26 AM
Rang the garage again today to try and get an update.. still palmed off with bs about a 2 week delivery time. I did see on their website they had a czt for sale (exactly the same as mine) so I asked if maybe the key for that car would fit mine but apparently its not just each model thats unique...its every single car!!! really?!

So I have given them the code that was inside the box and am awaiting them ordering me a new set. looks like (besides trying to get them off myself) thats the only option open to me now.

Just crossing my fingers that nothing happens to my wheels for the next 2 weeks and i dont get pulled over for having nearly bald tyres.

mowgli
12-11-10, 09:35 AM
parking it across their entrance & raising hell is probably the best course of action. its a pity that mitsubishi dealers are crap, cos their product is good.

Ben
12-11-10, 09:59 AM
Your letting them off lightly, as said go down there and park on the forecourt and throw them the keys and the times will change!

Hayley
12-11-10, 10:13 AM
Believe me, Im very tempted. but dave, the manager I spoke to, was a complete pri*k. He basically said I could rant all I want but they dont think they lost the key and Its my problem. so, I can have a new one ordered at a cost of £25 or they can attempt to air chisel off the locking nuts at a cost of £65! (although the garage I went to yesterday didnt say anything about charging me to attempt air chiseling them off..) The risk of damaging my wheels was too scary to me so I am going to have to bend over and let mitsubishi shaft me :mad:

Im soo funking mad right now I could kill someone...perhaps dave!

mowgli
12-11-10, 10:41 AM
hayley, just cos a bloke gave you the brush off is not good enough reason to believe the sale of goods act can be ignored... they supplied you with something that was not correct & fit for purpose. simple as that.

Jack
12-11-10, 10:53 AM
Do you want me to go see them?

wwmnw
12-11-10, 11:10 AM

Do it jack unleash some

RAGE

mowgli
12-11-10, 11:16 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBGAE_TFQVdFxamsoj6h3kfRj8j5wAR FW2YkpqvJu_i_cNtpnVBQ

L14MNP
12-11-10, 11:41 AM
Jack, ban her for text typing... lol

Definitley do what the other lads have said and dump it on the forecourt, demand a courtesy car and tell them to ring you when it's sorted. It is not your fault.

A similar thing worked for me at Nissan. I took the car in because the gearbox was dying (first car and still under warranty). Of course this was nothing to do with me wheel spinning in snow etc you understand.

Anyway, I was fobbed off by the service manager, even though I was expected, and told him the car was on it's last legs he told me the ramp was busy all day and there were no courtesy cars available He wasn't aware it was my activites that had broken the box and was just being a general irate dick. So I went to leave in a huff, informing the soon to be new 350z customers of Nissans after sales 'service' jumped in the car raised the revs, dropped the clutch and as it happened the oil. BANG! lol

Luckily as it never spun up, no-one realised what I was asking of the car, so I marched back into the stealership with broken bellhousing dripping in oil in hand, dumped it on the nice clean desk runining many things I am sure and politley asked for the car to be inspected once more. Funnily enough it was soon on the ramp, the bang was even heard inside the garage.

I left less than 20 minutes later I was driven to the local Enterprise rental garage and collected a car for the next 3/4 weeks.

Do it Hayley. leave it obstructing an entrance way or as I did, what was clearly the managers car. I like the idea of throwing the tyres over their necks. lol

Hayley
12-11-10, 12:03 PM

I would but Im afraid I might end up getting arrested. Things like this really makes my blood boil. Im not dropping this. I shall keep pushing. Ive got 2 weeks to wait till the key is delivered so thats plenty of time to plan my revenge.

draper
12-11-10, 12:07 PM
phone the local paper aswell, they love a good stor about car dealerships

Ben
12-11-10, 12:55 PM
I have done it before as well, had a corsa in for retest took it there and they said sorry we double booked you and cant do it today, parked it in front of the mot bay and walked down the cafe with the keys.

They rang me up 20 minutes later lol

bazil
12-11-10, 01:51 PM
I think I have a solution!

Think Maris, drive into dealer forcourt, do an epic burnout then demand action to remove bolts as you can't return the car onto the public road as the tyres are now bald lol

on a serious note they sound very unhelpfull.

Jack
12-11-10, 02:06 PM
Im not dropping this
You already have!!!

Seriously, I'll happily take the car down there - part of me thinks they're fobbing you off as you're a girl. Your car tyres are "dangerous" now due to not being able to swap the wheels which is THEIR fault, so they should give you a courtesy car til you can use yours again. You can bet the two week lead time would suddenly turn to 2 days if they were paying for you to swan about in a hire car lol

As for the manager saying it wasn't them who lost the key, he's basically calling you a liar. Whatever happened to the customer is always right?! If the guy said that to me I'd have punched him square in the hooter lol

draper
12-11-10, 02:10 PM
id just take the keys and go down there jack

Hayley
12-11-10, 02:17 PM
You already have!!!

Seriously, I'll happily take the car down there - part of me thinks they're fobbing you off as you're a girl. Your car tyres are "dangerous" now due to not being able to swap the wheels which is THEIR fault, so they should give you a courtesy car til you can use yours again. You can bet the two week lead time would suddenly turn to 2 days if they were paying for you to swan about in a hire car lol

As for the manager saying it wasn't them who lost the key, he's basically calling you a liar. Whatever happened to the customer is always right?! If the guy said that to me I'd have punched him square in the hooter lol

Feel free to take the car down there 2moro morning then. I guarantee you wont get jack sh*t out of them. no pun intended

Jack
12-11-10, 02:19 PM
Well I was going to do my rear lights wiring tomorrow morning as it'll be the only time I have to do it. But I can go there instead... which will make me more angry at them for wasting my time as well :d

Southie
12-11-10, 04:06 PM
Jack yhpm :)

Jack
12-11-10, 04:36 PM
Ta. Just looked up the cost though, yikes! However I just thought its probably worth ringing all the local tyre places to see if they have the (proper) kit to remove the nuts.

Southie
12-11-10, 04:49 PM
Did think it wouldn't be cheap but I suppose for a garage it would be worth while.

Contact watchdog I say lol

Jack
12-11-10, 08:24 PM
Hayley says:
*why do i have standard nuts in my box tho??

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/3/32/KennethWilliams.jpg/300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

John
12-11-10, 08:53 PM
What was the outcome at the dealers jack?

L14MNP
12-11-10, 09:04 PM
What was the outcome at the dealers jack?

It's a Colt, not a DeLorean. Give him a chance to go! lol

John
12-11-10, 09:06 PM
Jack asked hayley at 10:53 if she wanted him to take it lol

Jack
12-11-10, 09:07 PM
lol

Nowt, haven't been yet. Turns out the aforementioned box has standard non-locking nuts in it (I thought it would have the old duff lockers in, the ones that got replaced), so we'll have a call round the local tyre shops and see if any of them have a removal tool we can borrow. Then put the 4th standard nut back on and tell Mitsubishi to
present themselves directly to fukk

L14MNP
12-11-10, 09:11 PM
Jack said he would take it - tomorrow. lol

Fcuk driving around wasting your time and money. Dump it on the forecourt and give them the finger. Or are you waiting to mark them down in the JD Power survey?

That'll show em! lol

John
12-11-10, 09:12 PM
Jack said he would take it - tomorrow. lol

Fcuk driving around wasting your time and money. Dump it on the forecourt and give them the finger. Or are you waiting to mark them down in the JD Power survey?

That'll show em! lol

lol