PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Tanks......

claire6069
10-11-10, 08:17 PM
my corsa gsi needs a new petrol tank really badly but me and ste are having a debate as he reckons the gsi's had a different kind of tank to a normal corsa b - i disagree, cant find much on google, can anyone shed some light on this please so i can get one sorted? thank you :D

Nobby
10-11-10, 08:18 PM
PERFORMANCE NOVA GROUP

lol hehe

Jack
10-11-10, 08:20 PM
AFAIK all the Corsa B tanks are the same... even petrol & diesel appear to be the same

John
10-11-10, 08:22 PM
Same tank, different pump iirc.

Free corsa tank here if you want it (i know it a bit of a trek lol)

reevie1987
10-11-10, 08:24 PM
funny that my corsa gsi does to i am going to try and get one from windleys at tattershall if you know where that is claire where as the answer to your question i thought they are the same as the standard corsa b's

claire6069
10-11-10, 08:32 PM
thanks guys :)

hmmm thats interesting reevie, i was looking at a 2nd hand one from one thats being broken but my fears were it would do the same!! mine weeps at the seam and i cant put more than half a tank in it, although this past week it seems to be using even more so think i have an actual hole in it now!! it stinks of petrol just walking past it too so defo need to sort it!!

ste knows where windleys is, i'll send him on a mission tomo whilst im at work lol and tell him rather gladly that i'm right and hes wrong......................................again lmao

AlexW
10-11-10, 08:35 PM
Pump is the same as any MPI john?

But yeah, theres only one type of tank.

reevie1987
10-11-10, 08:37 PM
yer mine is exactly the same walk past it and it smells of petrol mines a N reg so ill give rep to the car it is 15 years old, but they are old cars now so you are bound the keep getting problems with them every now and again, i go to windleys quite alot he seems to always have alot of novas there!

claire6069
10-11-10, 08:42 PM
hehehe ste's really not guna be amused lol mines an m reg reevie, was totally bog standard when i got it, shells' good and strong though so the petrol tank thing is trivial really, rather that than rust holes everywhere!!

reevie1987
10-11-10, 08:48 PM
mines had abit off welding done to it o/s/f chassi leg has been done,n/s/f inner wheel arch needs doing but im making it into a track car so theres no rush really, i liked driving it when it was on the road, but doesnt beat driving a nova though lol

phazer
10-11-10, 09:07 PM
According to EPC Hatch and Van have the same tank for all petrols, diesel is different. Combo/Estate and Tigra tanks are different again.

Nobby
10-11-10, 09:47 PM
i also think i want to marry you . . . i wish me and mrs mrs argued over this kind of stuff :(

ste porter
10-11-10, 11:28 PM
i also think i want to marry you . . . i wish me and mrs mrs argued over this kind of stuff :(

trust me mate it has its down sides lol

and regards to arguing about it we havent realy argued
my point was that i wasnt sure as i know all the corsa's are in tank pumps but i didnt know if they were like other vauxhall models of the same era where there was differences with regards to shape take offs ect

just didnt want to go riping a tank of one to get home and find out there diffrent so the easiest way to make sure its the same was to get one of a gsi but if there all the same it will make it easier to get hold of one thanks guys

claire6069
11-11-10, 11:25 AM

lmao at least someone appreciates me and you havent even met me lol have some rep :thumb: :)

Nobby
28-11-10, 02:21 PM
lmao at least someone appreciates me and you havent even met me lol have some rep :thumb: :)

haha take that back i was in the " oh my days crowd he hasnt just hit that bin has he!?!? " and you was trying not to laugh at a very upset redbull drinking mr porter!! lol