PDA

View Full Version : Insurance 4 Car I Dont Own Any more.

novadose2009
10-11-10, 07:25 PM
hi i got a bank statement this week and realised that im still paying car insurance for a car that i sold 8months ago stupid me. Can i claim this money back?

if so what do i have to do?

thanks

mk1nova_rich
10-11-10, 07:27 PM
nope sorry, you forgot to cancel so its tough luck im afraid. I had a similar thing with my AA membership and had to stump up

Spudly
10-11-10, 07:27 PM
No as clearly you havent informed your insurance company, if you actually had then they should have to refund you as all of thier phonecalls are recorded but whether they roll over and agree is another matter, id be on the phone to them now btw and not asking advice on here lol

Bubba
10-11-10, 08:14 PM
you either earn waaaay to much and never noticed....or your really old and its peanuts :p

General Baxter
10-11-10, 08:15 PM
thats like saying

iv not crashed my car into 11months of my policy, you could phone them up say you sold it 10months ago lol

Connor
10-11-10, 08:16 PM
At leasts its another year of no claims bonus earned :p

Nobby
10-11-10, 08:19 PM
you nob how could you not of known?

novadose2009
10-11-10, 08:19 PM
yh i no but ive been told that you can get ur money back so not sure what u do i really need the money

Nobby
10-11-10, 08:20 PM
how can you . . . . . ? You have paid for a service that they have provided its your contract its up to you to tell them, if it was possible every cun_t in the UK would do it lol

General Baxter
10-11-10, 08:29 PM
you nob how could you not of known?

i dont even open my bank statements or even have internet banking lol

Nobby
10-11-10, 08:30 PM

yeah but this is you sir baxter of bodgeness

Rich
10-11-10, 08:36 PM
lol you might as well pay the rest of the policy off for an extra year no claims bonus

Jack
10-11-10, 11:07 PM
Ace. I know who's account to pick for $$$ now lol

General Baxter
10-11-10, 11:13 PM
Ace. I know who's account to pick for $$$ now lol

theres **** all in there, its all in isa's and savings lol

novadose2009
19-11-10, 10:13 AM
i have now sorted this rang insurance company and got a letter from dvla proving the date i sold the car and giving me a refund so just sending the letter of today and should recieve payment soon

yeah boy

Iain
19-11-10, 03:08 PM
Woah good result! Nice one.

L33 LEG
19-11-10, 03:18 PM
i have now sorted this rang insurance company and got a letter from dvla proving the date i sold the car and giving me a refund so just sending the letter of today and should recieve payment soon

yeah boy

If this works then im surprised other people don't do it and con the system, seems very odd imo. Anybody can pretend to buy and sell a car and according to this get free insurance :confused:

Iain
19-11-10, 03:19 PM
You need to have the car registered in your name to insure it don't you? I.e. you can't insure your mates car with your own policy.

Stuart
19-11-10, 03:27 PM
firstly bin the text typing.

2ndly, I tried this a few years back when I scrapped a Pug 205 derv, the folks at the insurance company (call centre based offshore where they grow tea etc) wouldnt accept that the car was scrapped, even with proof, and made me pay the rest of the years insurance. twunts. Even saying the magic ombudsman word didnt help.

Very surprised they paying back when its YOUR fault!

blue_peg_16v
19-11-10, 04:46 PM
You need to have the car registered in your name to insure it don't you? I.e. you can't insure your mates car with your own policy.

legaly you can insure any car for tpo as is minimum requirement, insurance companies get a bit funny with tpft and comprehensive as with you not owning the vehicle you dont have an insurable interest in the car so are not entitled to the payout as that would be due to the owner (registered keeper is not necicarily the owner as log book is not proof of ownership) eg finance log book would be in your name but the car is partly owned by the finance company until there paid off, so in short legaly you can insure any car finding someone to do it is the difficult part.

blue_peg_16v
19-11-10, 04:47 PM

yeah boy

you were lucky knowone ive worked for would of refunded in that curcumstance