PDA

View Full Version : 1 Vectra c 1 silly horse power let and a bunch of mad men with the ability

ste porter
10-11-10, 04:49 PM
http://www.tubechunk.com/video/EfaTeoW892A/slide-show-vectra-FLD-245-Caca-Daud.html

something abit different that im sure the power crazy among us will enjoy

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 04:58 PM
That looks like an animal you found any videos of it moving ?

Liking the photos on the bodywork thats a lovely touch - Also top tune on the video nice find :thumb:

Bubba
10-11-10, 05:19 PM
wheelie bars on a fwd? bit of a fail is it not?

mental though...far too much money :p

ste porter
10-11-10, 05:34 PM
wheelie bars on a fwd? bit of a fail is it not?

mental though...far too much money :p

not at all mate when you think about what happens under sudden hard acceleration when you accelerate in a fwd the front end of the car lifts
this lift means theres less force in the form of weight over the front end pushing the tires into the tarmac and hense loosing traction as a result as its easier for the wheels to slip
add a wheelie bar that helps prevent lift and you have gained more traction for very little time money and effort

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 05:39 PM
Did the one Regal have on the back of there Nova ever really get used for this reason ? as I dont think anyone ever seen that front end ever lift up or did they ?

Mazz
10-11-10, 05:44 PM
I thought that, but i suppose it stops the front end lifting and taking off

Benn
10-11-10, 05:55 PM
Did the one Regal have on the back of there Nova ever really get used for this reason ? as I dont think anyone ever seen that front end ever lift up or did they ?

lol i remember seeing that at PV, the bars where set quite high, if the front lifts up enough the engine wont be doing anything at all..

Very cool vid, not much Vectra left really.. Hell of a set upset, love the manifold and turbo..

BongMong
10-11-10, 06:07 PM
keeps the front end down when the parashoot* is applied..

AlexW
11-11-10, 05:50 PM
Parachute i can understand, if its true. But surly with the weight transfer, it would be better to run solid rear shocks or really stiff shocks/springs.

mowgli
11-11-10, 06:00 PM
its all to do with wheelbase & weight transfer & far too complicated for me.... but it basically helps with traction & that's that.

MK999
11-11-10, 06:04 PM
the weight transfer will create a far larger moment than the parachute that's for sure, and it's hardly going to fall over because it's let a parachute out lol Keeps the front end on the ground, they don't lift off the floor like a RWD sure, but that's because once they lose grip (where RWD gains it) they stop lifting...

Which imo makes it a tad pointless as they'd be far better off starting with a RWD platform, but it's their project, if ridiculously quick FWD was the aim then thats their thing :)

mowgli
11-11-10, 06:05 PM
its down to motorsport classes again..

MK999
11-11-10, 06:06 PM
Ahhh I wasn't looking that closely, if its run in a non RWD formula then fair enough lol

db_1.2
11-11-10, 11:02 PM
Im sorry to bust everyones bubble about this FWD wheelie bar business as it looks like your all having fun. But its not the first time ive seen a wheelie bar on a FWD drag car

mowgli
11-11-10, 11:41 PM
who said it was the first wheelie bar on a fwd car???? not us....

they have been fitting them ever since the yanks started the import class fwd modified cars.

nova_saloon
11-11-10, 11:49 PM
that looks to be an absolute beast, shame no vids would of like to see it roatr up the tarmac

CrAzY_kAyLL
12-11-10, 12:12 AM
Here you go Nova Saloon :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ZNgm6TJpY&playnext=1&list=PLCD5A91144482DABC&index=11

I do come in useful sometimes :d

CrAzY_kAyLL
12-11-10, 12:19 AM
and one more video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGQTCUTCRA&feature=related

:thumb: