PDA

View Full Version : Keep track of my thread?

nova_saloon
09-11-10, 05:17 PM
Well as you know I recently rebuilt my engine which was all loverly. today i got to do the regular check, full of mayo! in the water bottle. But none in the oil. c
ompression is 220psi 220psi 140psi 180psi.

so now well annoyed with the ****ing thing, 2nd engine ive put in and the 2nd time i have had low compression in the cyclinders. MY GOD DOES IT SUCKS LIKE A HORE! so ordered and new head gasket and bolts to see if that fixes the problem! if it does not i will yank my hair out, just because im getting sick of this **** to be hoenst! and will probs calm down and begin rebuild on the spare engine. which i really dont want to be doing right now!

vaux_91
09-11-10, 05:30 PM
What engine you running ? (well,trying to)

davidfox280585
09-11-10, 05:33 PM
porous head?

Jack
09-11-10, 05:35 PM
Simples. Remove shonky 4cylinder engine, refit one with the correct number of cylinders (i.e. 6). Fixed :d

Stuart
09-11-10, 05:36 PM
porous head?

doubt it since its a crack if it happens, and it wont give you those compression test readings.

I'd do the crack 'repair' as a precautionary procedure if the heads is coming off anyway though.

Damo
09-11-10, 05:54 PM
The head will have cracked mate repairs really easy too plenty of guides on the web iirc Joffs is the best its the one i followed.

Rich
09-11-10, 05:57 PM
Did you get the head skimmed last time?? Did you use a cheap factors gasket?

Can order you a single headgasket on its own from work if your local still?

nova_saloon
09-11-10, 08:37 PM
Simples. Remove shonky 4cylinder engine, refit one with the correct number of cylinders (i.e. 6). Fixed :d

how did i know that was coming from you!

The head i dont believe has gone porus otherwise you would usually find water in the oil and this is not the case it seems to be going in to the water which mean ths pressure is higher where the oil at the leak so you would pressume it would be the head gasket! which thanks Rich but i have a payen replacement at the moment. taking it off tomorrow in the glorious british out doors! oh so very strange!