PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed, exhaust & fuel tank damage

Dave.
09-11-10, 12:33 AM
Basically tonight ive backe dinto a high kerb in the Nova (que the FLOL's :p )

Its pushed my backbox right towards the centre of the car, and there the centre section goes over the axle, its squashed that quite badly :(

But the bad bit... when we looked underneath, their was a small switch dangling down (fuel gauge sensor i reckon) and fuel was p!ssing out everywhere, we quickly put it back in the hole and fuel stopped leaking

Went and filled it up with £10, no leaks, but reading empty on the fuel gauge
Cable tied the exhaust up for now

But, "Mr Daddy Kissy-Nova" doesnt know ive done it :p and i need to try and get it fixed tomorrow!

Questions are:

1) Where sticll stocks the fuel gauge switches that go to the tank? auto-factors? any other Vauxhalls the same?

2) Would say kwik-fit be able to get a centre section the very same day for me? the cars not far off dangerous to drive :(

Im absoloutley gutted ive done this, the kerb is about 7 inches high in a carpark and stuck out about 15 foot, and is only 2ft wide, totally pointless :cry:

DEAN-DOHERTY
09-11-10, 12:40 AM
underneath your tank there should be two wires, make sure they are connected to the connections on the fuel gauge sensor....that will solve your empty fuel gauge, i had ripped on of my wires of the tank and mine read empty, finally found that to be the problem

Sloth
09-11-10, 01:00 AM
centre is an in stock item at kwik shoite. as for the sender i think certain ones are rare...

Jack
09-11-10, 07:36 AM
Just realised last night I was thinking of an MPi tank with an external pump, yours will be different. But I suspect you've just damaged the plug.

Jack up the back and take a look in good light.

Alex J
09-11-10, 07:44 AM
+rep, i did the same when i passed my test and went to maccy ds car park, it was my own fault as a had a twin dtm back box on a nova saloon:tard: , had to rip it of and chuck it in a bush and drive it home sounded like a tractorlol , also crashed a few weeks later in the local clean park after washing the nova, and reversed across the carpark to the hoover area, wet foot slipped of the clutch, in gear, panic!! flew straight back, and ripped the hoover and thing you bang your mats on straight out the floor, wrote the rear of the car off aswelllol lol !! there has been more aswell but i wont bore you, hope ypu fix it!:cool:

General Baxter
09-11-10, 07:44 AM
just tell your dad lol

he wont have a fit, you have only passed your test, the nova will be written off before x-mas anyway ;)

Alex J
09-11-10, 07:53 AM
just tell your dad lol

he wont have a fit, you have only passed your test, the nova will be written off before x-mas anyway ;)mine only took 3 weeks to total:d

Edd
09-11-10, 08:45 AM
Centre section should be easy

But if the sender is fooked you'll need a second hand one as there all NLS iirc

Hobbit
09-11-10, 01:15 PM
Dont worry about your dad, all part of being a new driver. :thumb:

I thought a brand new set of alloys was a good idea in my first week of driving. They were on less than an hour before I kurbed them lol

Stuart
09-11-10, 01:56 PM
Atleast its only a £5 exhaust and some wires youve messeg up...... could have done worse for the 'first' offence lol. Tell the old man and get it sorted properly

db_1.2
09-11-10, 02:35 PM
Lol pics?! :D

Paul
09-11-10, 02:42 PM
Accidents happen! Get it sorted properly dont want fuel leaking on a hot exhaust will be bye bye Nova and with you inside!

davidfox280585
09-11-10, 02:47 PM
tell ya old fella, the wife rang me in tears after curbing my 19s on my audi lol, i just told her to stop crying it was an accident and they will repair, she seemed to think i was going to shout at her might not of helped her dad t cutting the scratch to death and rubbing through the shadow silver to the black,still like it now

MK999
09-11-10, 02:55 PM
tell ya old fella, the wife rang me in tears after curbing my 19s on my audi lol, i just told her to stop crying it was an accident and they will repair, she seemed to think i was going to shout at her might not of helped her dad t cutting the scratch to death and rubbing through the shadow silver to the black,still like it now

Better than not understanding/caring though lol my track car is peppered with dents down one side where my dad leans on it/walks into it/generally batters it :mad:

Danny s-p
09-11-10, 02:58 PM
mine only took 3 weeks to total:di beat that took me 2 weeks to kill my first one had 1.2 in it and a chav in 106 kept raced me and i lost every time. so went home one Friday night put my 1.4 sri engine in just got it all insured and taxed went to college on the monday then it was time to drive home seen little chav boy come race up sat at the light's next him. him rev hell out of it and i just planted my foot his face doped and he chased me round all the back roads and cud not get close. then i tryed booting it in to a corner at about 95mph down hill lol and heard a massive snap from the n/s/f my x member had snapped clean in half still had the chav pants down tho lol

Jack
09-11-10, 05:08 PM
danny, sort your massive sig out... just had a call from Mars, its blocking out their view of the sun :p

my track car is peppered with dents down one side where my dad leans on it/walks into it/generally batters it :mad:
Pssh, its a track car, its meant to look battered lol

MK999
09-11-10, 05:09 PM
Pssh, its a track car, its meant to look battered lol

Mr Parker manages alright, I plan to as well :p