PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Car plz keep an eye out

ednovasr2
05-11-10, 02:37 PM
Stolen car plz keep an eye out guys
Can everyone look out for my mates silver VW corrado lowered on g60 steels please got stolen last nite....
J469 CYO

...Or if anyone knows anyone who works for tracker and fancies turning it on for free or cheapness?? tracker want £500 to turn it on!!!!
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc407/ededdy/aaronsCarrodo.jpg

The car was nicked last night 04/10/10

Owner Arron Capasso: 07980349316 __________________
ED http://www.driftworks.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

Southie
05-11-10, 02:41 PM
Hope you find it but whats the point of having a tracker if your not willing to pay for it, must be worth the £500. :roll:

Mike
05-11-10, 02:41 PM
tracker want £500 to turn it on!!!!

Some ones not been paying there Tracker UK annual subscription then!!

MiniManDan118
05-11-10, 03:44 PM
I think I'd pay the tracker fee to get that back, it's gorgeous!

Hoochie
05-11-10, 03:48 PM
Hope you find it but whats the point of having a tracker if your not willing to pay for it, must be worth the £500. :roll:

Agreed!!....:tard:

Sloth
05-11-10, 03:50 PM
hmm brownbears engine goes pop and this walks.....

anyone else see a pattern? :d

ill bet 50p thats a cube by now. minus the flash bits.

wwmnw
05-11-10, 03:53 PM
hmm brownbears engine goes pop and this walks.....

anyone else see a pattern? :d

ill bet 50p thats a cube by now. minus the flash bits.

lollol

NovaBoi92
05-11-10, 03:57 PM
the way i'd look at it is, is the car worth £500 to you?

ben doodar
05-11-10, 04:04 PM
Yh come on, spend £500 n get the car bk sounds like a bargain to me n chin the fookers who nicked it.

mk1nova1.8
05-11-10, 04:08 PM
£500 to poss get it back is cheaper than buying another. plus if the police find it then theres a chance they will find the scum who took it but if they are on forums like this they will now know theres a tracker aboard.

L14MNP
05-11-10, 04:08 PM
If he drags his feet any longer all he will find is a wiring loom in a wheelie bin!

Jack
05-11-10, 04:14 PM
Aye. The longer you leave it, the more likely they are to rip out the tracker. So it'll be £500 to be directed to a bin with a black box and short length of chopped wire in it lol

1chiz
05-11-10, 04:14 PM
Call tracker and see what your getting for your £500, it sounds like that would be a life of the car policy price which means you will be covered for as long as you own it without having to pay tracker anymore money, worth doing if you intend to keep the car, also check with tracker because i'm sure they pay you money if it can't be found, if so this would mean you get your money back if they can't find it. Doubly check though as the fact you are turning on the tracker hours after it was stolen might invalidate this. Whatever you decide decide quickly because the sooner you switch it on the better chance you will have of finding it.

Pistol Pete
05-11-10, 04:20 PM
Bad news on the theft.....

But...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/FAILtoot.jpg

brownbear
05-11-10, 04:43 PM
Oi Mines a G60 corrado and my Golf is a VR that's a 2.0 16v. Shame it's been nicked, Seen it on a few forums, Nice lil car. Hope he finds it!

brownbear
05-11-10, 04:47 PM
Bad news on the theft.....

But...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/FAILtoot.jpg

(That is the for sale pics from when he bough it afaik) lol

pie
05-11-10, 04:52 PM
hope you get it bk dude gutting

have a look on some vw site it might of been broken for bits etc

Jack
05-11-10, 05:02 PM
Thats a point, check with the police. They may have impounded it for the illegal plate lol

ednovasr2
05-11-10, 05:59 PM
Not my car but i would of been paying for the tracker, he's only had it a month but bought off a friend who was trying to sort tracker stuff out.

Yeah that is the pic from when it was bought off the other chaps drive

Andy
05-11-10, 06:23 PM
that will be a burnt out shell be now

Pete
05-11-10, 07:07 PM
if a numpty has had it then yeah it will be burnt out now.

best bet to do if your not wanting to pay tracker is to ring up and VW corrado breaker and ask for silver panels and see what they say. if they have ask for something that makes the vw unique, will hopefuly find your mates car.

Bubba
05-11-10, 11:46 PM
you have to pay to have a tracker turned on??? i didnt know that

will suck if its broken, never know, some chav might just have needed a lift halfway across the country and its now sat in a carpark

CrAzY_kAyLL
06-11-10, 02:55 AM
bet it's sat back on the ex owners drive way because he knew your mate couldn't afford to pay the 500 notes to have the tracker turned back on so knew he had plenty of time to remove it ect :roll:

Hope he does get it back in one piece though as it's a lovely car

Mike
06-11-10, 10:24 AM
Trackers do not cost £500 to be activated FFS!

You pay a yearly, 3 yearly or one off payment (depending on your own financial choice) an if the car walks you call them up, give them your tracker membership details, vehicle details & they activate it. If there asking for £500 then your non Corrado owning mate hasnt been keeping up with his yearly payments so its simply sitting idle & now he needs it hes gotta pay premium for the privilidge.

As for Tracker UK refunding money if the cars not found, bad news for all you misinformed peoples. They only refund the monetary amount the tracker unit initially cost to purchase/install. (Thats what they told me when I had mine fitted anyway).

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:12 AM
I'm guessing beacuse it's already walked is the reason they want more money than usual?

My mate had one on his Maserati and it was under £200 p/a to keep live and then had one fitted to his RR Vogue for something like £130 and the same subscription costs. It surprised me how cheap they are considering if you get on the case ASAP and the traffic police are anything like the one's on TV in Hull they will do their upmost to find it.

lol @ Kayll. That's a possibility isn't it!

Mike
06-11-10, 11:13 AM
According to the Tracker website...

"With over 1,500 police patrol cars and 30 helicopters across the UK fitted with TRACKER’s detection equipment, the chances of recovering your stolen vehicle are greatly improved. "

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:17 AM
It does seem the best way of recovering it bar none.

Years back my mate had some 'TRACKER' stickers made up for one of his cars. Which i found funny. It was never even touched though, despite residing on a very main road and being quite potent. lol

Mike
06-11-10, 11:23 AM
^you can buy them stickers off eBay lol lol

When I had one fitted on my white nova I had the tracker guy fit the stickers that came with the installation kit. Will be doing the same with the Corsa too.

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:27 AM
These ones had the lettering about 4" high and didn't even look authentic lol.

Good idea fitting them though dude. Except fitting them to a stripped out motor with minimal wiring etc means they know they have less to tear off and search through. lol

Then again, riv-nuts are harder to remove than those crap plastic push clips that hold most interior panels on. lol

Jack
06-11-10, 11:29 AM
If there asking for £500 then your non Corrado owning mate hasnt been keeping up with his yearly payments so its simply sitting idle & now he needs it hes gotta pay premium for the privilidge.
Ding, we have a winner

Hayley says Trackers are good, as they get calls from them and they send out all their cars, activate ANPR, send up the helicopter lol

Mike
06-11-10, 11:30 AM
True Laim, but a tracker unit isnt as obvious as you might think though.

Avoid the GPS & GSM only ones though as there easily jammable. VHF freqeuncy ones aren't.

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:31 AM
I have never understood how they can afford to operate a helicopter for any emergency let alone something as trivial as a stolen car. They couldn't be making more money than they know what to do with from fines and scameras surely??

The traffic police have a nifty little gizmo that they whomp on the roof which homes in on said stolen motor. Impressive stuff tbh.

Mike
06-11-10, 11:32 AM
Yea its impressive alright, but as said you can jam trackers as easily as mobile speed cameras.

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:32 AM
True Laim, but a tracker unit isnt as obvious as you might think though.

Aye, it's about the size of a T-rex's brain isn't it. lol

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:33 AM
Yea its impressive alright, but as said you can jam trackers as easily as mobile speed cameras.

Faraday cage/lead lined truck would be my choice lol

Jack
06-11-10, 11:34 AM
I have never understood how they can afford to operate a helicopter for any emergency let alone something as trivial as a stolen car. They couldn't be making more money than they know what to do with from fines and scameras surely??
Think it costs something like £1000 an hour to operate lol

Tin foil should block it anyway :d

Mike
06-11-10, 11:34 AM
Aye, it's about the size of a T-rex's brain isn't it. lol

You been watching to much Fast & Furious lol lol

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:36 AM
You been watching to much Fast & Furious lol lol

I can never watch too much of that lol. I was wondering which you meant, then I remembered, 2bi2curious when Jimmy discovers the tech. lol

My mate said the Tracker was small when he seen it being fitted to his Ranger Rover.

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:38 AM
Think it costs something like £1000 an hour to operate lol

Tin foil should block it anyway :d

CBA to Google but I don't think County Durham has a coppa choppa. Northumbria does, but CD have never had fixed cam locations, like Swindon decided to do and now another county IIRC. Does this mean none of them can afford a Eurocopter now? :d

That means when I rob the post office I won't need to do so in a scuba suit.

Mike
06-11-10, 11:41 AM
My mate said the Tracker was small when he seen it being fitted to his Ranger Rover.

Mine was the size of a 14 box of fags in the white Nova.

L14MNP
06-11-10, 11:43 AM
Mine was the size of a 14 box of fags in the white Nova.

That's bigger than what I was told. more like a Zippo iirc. lol

You has first hand experience though. :thumb:

Mike
06-11-10, 11:48 AM
Depends which company you use. RAC Trackerstars are quite big apparently, genuine Tracker UK ones are tiny. Depends really I suppose :S

Sloth
07-11-10, 10:18 AM
uk tracker ones are the size of a fag packet, my mate fits em, and uses oem wiring loom covers and tags to disguise it. the bmw kits that bmw offer have sat nav areial or som eother random sticker on the box lol

Spudly
07-11-10, 04:31 PM
According to Mr Porter he broked a car that had a tracker installed in it and there were around eleven boxes concealed throughout the car and tapped into power feeds from everything, from the abs to the sunroof motors so if one box were found and removed, there were still many more transmitting away!

Mike
07-11-10, 04:32 PM
^Sounds like a Sigma system.

Spudly
07-11-10, 04:38 PM
^Sounds like a Sigma system.

Pass mate, ive not got the foggiest when it comes to trackers in all fairness, only repeating what he said to me when we were talking about car thefts and such when he picked him bmw up from me last week lol

I may however have to read up on them as im definately getting a cav turbo next year, and i reckon one would be a wise investment for a car becomming so rare these days:thumb:

ednovasr2
09-11-10, 11:42 AM
Ding, we have a winner

Hayley says Trackers are good, as they get calls from them and they send out all their cars, activate ANPR, send up the helicopter lol

only just bought the car and is the fee to regiester and activate after a car is stolen before hand is a monthly payment, 1/4 ly or on off but if not set up before car is stolen they sting you.:thumb:

ednovasr2
09-11-10, 11:43 AM
Update:
Car has been found thanks to Facebook in a garage in bletchly near MK well sort of part of MK now. Is at the recovery yard now £300 to get it back

OK been to see her not pretty but not too bad. wheels missing, rear lights been vandelised, wipers missing, ignition barrel smashed out, radio gone, beetle parts still in the boot :-) woop, both rear arches scuffed in, both front wings pushed in a little with paint on, grill missing, rear of passenger sill damaged where dropped on floor, drivers door lock surround damaged, passenger handle lose. rear seat poss broken hinge. :-(

Thanks every one for keeping your eyes peeled

Stuart
09-11-10, 12:19 PM
Pass mate, ive not got the foggiest when it comes to trackers in all fairness, only repeating what he said to me when we were talking about car thefts and such when he picked him bmw up from me last week lol

I may however have to read up on them as im definately getting a cav turbo next year, and i reckon one would be a wise investment for a car becomming so rare these days:thumb:

Just put the tracker on the engine as thats the only bit people will care about :p

nova_stee
09-11-10, 12:29 PM
Update:
Car has been found thanks to Facebook in a garage in bletchly near MK well sort of part of MK now. Is at the recovery yard now £300 to get it back

OK been to see her not pretty but not too bad. wheels missing, rear lights been vandelised, wipers missing, ignition barrel smashed out, radio gone, beetle parts still in the boot :-) woop, both rear arches scuffed in, both front wings pushed in a little with paint on, grill missing, rear of passenger sill damaged where dropped on floor, drivers door lock surround damaged, passenger handle lose. rear seat poss broken hinge. :-(

complete scum bags as if youd do that to some ones pride and joy:mad:

Ben
09-11-10, 02:43 PM
Guy who had the yard next to us had a bad habit of bringing home borrowed plant machinary, used to get the place raided quite often, one of the machines had a tracker fitted which faxed the local police station its gps co ordinates and a satelite photo of where it was, the plod showed us it. Was quite impressed.

The other stuff used to get lifted due to the usual traffic plod scanners.

mowgli
09-11-10, 02:51 PM
our vehicles have trackers.... with built in comms to the drivers..... they don't cost anything like what some car trackers do though.

simplest tracker.... asda phone, wire a car charger to it & hide it under the dash, then register it on one of those spy on your child websites...

mind you, we have a tracker on a telescopic loader that by ringing certain number codes would make it turn off remotely... we had to hide the manual for that one as it was far too funny on building sites.....

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 03:44 PM
Update:

Gutted for your mate and what a bunch of robbing *******s charging him £300 to get the car back ! Tell him to argue the toss with them and they might do it cheaper that's what I did to get my Nova back after the crash - They wanted £360 by the time I got out of hospital and could go get the car - I argued a toss with them telling them I would of got the car removed myself and wasn't asked if I wanted it removing along with a load more ranting at them for not letting me remove the parts that I had put on the car myself such as the rollcage - so they let me have it for £250 and gave me till the end of the week to get it with out adding the £20 a day on top of the bill that it was there

Might even be worth seeing if he is coverd on the insurance to have them pay for him to get it back !? Hope he does and gets it back to the way it looked when he bought it :thumb:

Stuart
09-11-10, 04:43 PM
he will have to pay the excess anyway so £300 might be the lesser of two evils

Andy
09-11-10, 04:47 PM
At the end of the day the recovery/storage people are there to make money,not friends.Thats cheap anyway is £300.
Some have to pay more to get a burnt out shell back.

draper
09-11-10, 05:39 PM
At the end of the day the recovery/storage people are there to make money,not friends.Thats cheap anyway is £300.

+1

recovery trucks arent cheap either. would you rather plod found the car miles away and just leftit at the side of the road to be re-stolen/torched ?

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 05:51 PM

Which is why they offer for you to just pay 150 notes and let them keep the car and come collect your personal stuff ! Amazing how they dont class your radio as your personal stuff though aint it :mad: So you pay them the 150 quid to keep your car and they also get a 200 quid + sound system

Sorry but in my eyes they are in a win win situation which is WRONG !

Bit like when I had to collect my VW beetle just over a year after the crash after the Police was paying for it to be kept there while waiting for the court case ect to finish - I went to see the car the week of the crash I could get in the car sit in the drivers seat ect - Then a year+ later when I go back and collect it I couldn't even get in the car because they had put another one on top of it but not before they was so kind to take the doors off and put them inside it ! Sorry but they take the piss and it's day light robbery in my eyes

No wonder the guys who work for theses recovery companys have such nice cars and sound systems :roll:

Stuart
09-11-10, 05:53 PM
they rat looked it for you... I guess they thought they were helping lol

mowgli
09-11-10, 05:59 PM
i'm on the fence here, cos 'recovery people charge lots of money' but they usually have to fetch it out from under a hedge at 2 in the morning etc.

this equipment costs lots of money, the drivers need training & then work unsociable hours, the contracts to recover crashed/stolen etc vehicles are sewn up by large national companies & the little local ones get screwed right down on the callout fees, so the only way they can make money is to charge for storage.

if i had a car in storage & i found out it was damaged more than when it first got there, i'd be shouting for compensation.

you can demand it is brought to your premises, as long as you have premises off road to park a car on safely & securely.

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 06:01 PM
Not very funny really when the car could of been fixed ! now the shell is totally ****ed along with the steering because from putting a car on top they pushed the steering wheel right down on to the drivers seat !

Hope it never happends to any of your cars because belive me you wouldn't find it very funny either

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 06:05 PM
i'm on the fence here, cos 'recovery people charge lots of money' but they usually have to fetch it out from under a hedge at 2 in the morning etc.

this equipment costs lots of money, the drivers need training & then work unsociable hours, the contracts to recover crashed/stolen etc vehicles are sewn up by large national companies & the little local ones get screwed right down on the callout fees, so the only way they can make money is to charge for storage.

if i had a car in storage & i found out it was damaged more than when it first got there, i'd be shouting for compensation.

you can demand it is brought to your premises, as long as you have premises off road to park a car on safely & securely.

I did argue the toss with them but they just rolled the car and said it wasn't there problem !

How are you supose to tell them to bring it to your off road parking location when you are been rushed to hospital :roll:

Theses big companys get there money back they pay for there trucks ect with in a couple of months after that everything is profit profit profit - Why you think theses little companys start up and jump on the band wagon !

mowgli
09-11-10, 06:13 PM
precisely the problem i had with the recovering of my missus's car one new years eve..... i came to in the back of an ambulance, and the cops apparently took my consent to remove a vehicle that was not mine to give consent for....... cough [backhander off the recovery people] cough..... when i put it to the copper in the court 6 months later, he admitted he'd assumed it was mine & assumed it was ok, so i then ran a coach & horses straight thru his evidence & made him admit he was a barefaced liar, which he admitted to.... i still got 5 points though

Andy
09-11-10, 06:22 PM
I did argue the toss with them but they just rolled the car and said it wasn't there problem !

How are you supose to tell them to bring it to your off road parking location when you are been rushed to hospital :roll:

Theses big companys get there money back they pay for there trucks ect with in a couple of months after that everything is profit profit profit - Why you think theses little companys start up and jump on the band wagon !
Ha you really dont have a clue do you? I used to have a recovery company-you think those trucks run on fresh air and maintain themselves? Exactly,when you take out cost of diesel,cost of trade insurance,public liability,cost of maintenance and part, tax and mot-the business isnt as lucrative as you might think! And not to mention,disturbed sleep etc because retards cant drive their cars properly end up upside down in ditches etc.
Winches etc arent free

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 06:34 PM
So your trying to tell me they dont make nice profits every year then and they only just cover there costs :roll:

Is that why you dont own your recovery company anymore because you wasn't making any money ?

I find this all very hard to belive specially when winter settles in and they are run off there feet - Oh not to mention drivers are only aloud to drive for so many hours a day/night before they have to have so many hours off work before they can drive again - so saying they work really hard with no sleep is bull**** unless they are breaking the law so they can make more money :roll:

Andy
09-11-10, 06:51 PM
Yes,they do make profits,but not as extravagant as your making out.
Indeed,my outgoings were more than my incomings,thats why i packed it in,i was limited as to what i could carry and had no storage yard so had to turn stuff away/pass it on alot.
Course some break the law,i never used a tacho and did a run from Scarborough to Essex and back with only a break while i loaded up
I could only carry 1.5ton as my truck was 2 with me in it with diesel,most of the time i was borderline overweight but was the risk i took.
Dont forget in big city's recovery companies are 10 a penny so to compete your prices have to be competitive.Round Hull where im from,folk do them for as little as £25 a movement,bearing in mind from one side of town to the other could be 15miles.

mowgli
09-11-10, 07:01 PM
recovery vehicles are tacho exempted i believe.

draper
09-11-10, 07:05 PM
recovery vehicles are tacho exempted i believe.

yep (well used to be when i workedfor a recovery company 3years ago)

kyall - at the end of the day there a business, a succesful business makes money wheres the problem ?

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 07:06 PM
So yeah like I said no wonder all theses little companys like you jumped on the band wagon except you failed because you couldn't compete with the bigger companys that are ripping people off even when you broke the law doing it !

Dont get me wrong I dont mind the companys that offer to move your car from A to B but the companys that are taking your car from A to there depo then charge you stupid prices for doing so then most of the time get to keep your car which they then get even more money from by wieghing it in but not before they have taken the parts off that they can then sell on ebay such as lights and stuff ! Still think they dont make massive profits every year :roll:

Like I said they are in a win win situation and it's day light robbery !

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 07:09 PM
kyall - at the end of the day there a business, a succesful business makes money wheres the problem ?

Come and tell me that when they take your car to there depo and demand money for you to let them keep it or for you to get it back

If id of payed the last company that took my Nova the 150 notes they wanted to keep my car they would of kept my roll cage and all my sound system not to mention all the other parts which they could of sold on - Where is the justice in that ?

*edited* as dont know why i put number instead of Nova lol

mowgli
09-11-10, 07:12 PM
well in that case, were the items mentioned in the policy as being fitted to your car??? if yes, then they must stay in the car, if no, then you are at fault.... belongings are loose items found in your car, the rest are part of the car.

draper
09-11-10, 07:12 PM
if you pay the storage fees you have your car back - simples

what about the numpty who steals a car, causes an accident involving a few other vehicles and upturned cars ? 2 big trucks out at 2am, lifting overturned cars out of hedges, extra men needed, skates,side winching etc etc soon adds up to a £2k bill - the 'cause' of the accident doesnt pay as its nothing to do with him R.E. insurance/costs so the company is left with a defecit of £2k

as with everything (insurance premiums going up/VAT and tax rises) the 'honest'pay for the rest of the public

draper
09-11-10, 07:13 PM
Come and tell me that when they take your car to there depo and demand money for you to let them keep it or for you to get it back

If id of payed the last company that took my Nova the 150 notes they wanted to keep my car they would of kept my roll cage and all my sound system not to mention all the other parts which they could of sold on - Where is the justice in that ?

*edited* as dont know why i put number instead of Nova lol

they already have done to me actually, and it was cheaper to do that then pay the price for a 1am lift out a hedge bottom :thumb:

Andy
09-11-10, 07:23 PM
So yeah like I said no wonder all theses little companys like you jumped on the band wagon except you failed because you couldn't compete with the bigger companys that are ripping people off even when you broke the law doing it !
!
Jumped on what bandwagon exactly???
I couldnt compete because there simply wasnt the work,i travelled a 50mile radius introducing myself and giving out cards/leaflets to all to do with the motor industry.Just didnt get the response i had hoped for.No harm done.
I was a hell of alot cheaper than the bigger companies,at the time there just wasnt the work and money needed to stay afloat.Its the risk you take isnt it.
I never said i broke the law,i said i was "borderline"

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 07:24 PM
well in that case, were the items mentioned in the policy as being fitted to your car??? if yes, then they must stay in the car, if no, then you are at fault.... belongings are loose items found in your car, the rest are part of the car.

Yes the insurance knew about the cage as for the sound system why do i have declare my sound system when cars come with them standerd ? - Also the insurance aint paying for the car to be kept there or for me to have it back because i wasn't coverd for that ( yes my own fault i know but that was my choice at the time ) ! So still dont see how they can keep things that you have put in the car yourself ! As like said before they aint going to just crush the car with it all in now are they

Draper you have just confused me as you found it cheaper to pay to have the car back than it was to pay for them to remove the car from the hedge then them keep it :confused:

They still charge you for removing the car from the hedge no matter what if they are the ones who have removed it

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 07:37 PM
Jumped on what bandwagon exactly???
I couldnt compete because there simply wasnt the work,i travelled a 50mile radius introducing myself and giving out cards/leaflets to all to do with the motor industry.Just didnt get the response i had hoped for.No harm done.
I was a hell of alot cheaper than the bigger companies,at the time there just wasnt the work and money needed to stay afloat.Its the risk you take isnt it.
I never said i broke the law,i said i was "borderline"

You jumped on the band wagon of recovering people cars thinking you could make a profit only to find out you couldn't compete with the other companys - just like what happends with lots of other trades when people jump on the bandwagon thinking they to can make a quick buck only to find out they can't compete

Also thought you said you had to turn jobs away or send them onto other companys ! now your saying you didn't get enough work make your mind up Andy

Also running without a tacho in a wagon is breaking the law as far as I know because if stopped by VOSA they would ask to see your tacho if you dont have one they take your licence off you along with your truck ! All the wagons in my work even the 7.5 and even the vans we sometimes have to hire in have to have a tacho put in place by the driver before he drives off otherwise they are breaking the law even if they aint loaded - The law is always been changed by the goverment just to make it harder on wagon drivers ! Like they must have a 45min break where they can't even be sat in the wagon while it's on break if court by VOSA on break sat in the wagon again they are breaking the law

Spudly
09-11-10, 07:48 PM
Also thought you said you had to turn jobs away or send them onto other companys ! now your saying you didn't get enough work make your mind up Andy

Read all of what is being written please, he said he could only carry up to certain weights and had to turn down jobs because of that and couldnt get enough of the type of work he could do!

And when was the last time you saw a van derived recovery truck having to have a tacho??

Stuart
09-11-10, 07:57 PM
stupid_kulie, just accept you have been done over and get on with it.
Did you get a payout on the car? (if not due to 3rd party ins then thats your own gamble)

Andy
09-11-10, 08:07 PM
You jumped on the band wagon of recovering people cars thinking you could make a profit only to find out you couldn't compete with the other companys - just like what happends with lots of other trades when people jump on the bandwagon thinking they to can make a quick buck only to find out they can't compete

Its not about making a quick buck is it,its about trying to provide a decent future for your family.
I had to turn SOME jobs away as i couldnt accomodate them on my truck,with the ones i turned away,it could have maybe worked,who knows.
You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about recovery companies.Get over it.

davidfox280585
09-11-10, 08:08 PM
our traffic management 18tons and 7 and halfs are tacho exempt lol we dont need em

Andy
09-11-10, 08:08 PM
Also running without a tacho in a wagon is breaking the law as far as I know because if stopped by VOSA they would ask to see your tacho if you dont have one they take your licence off you along with your truck ! All the wagons in my work even the 7.5 and even the vans we sometimes have to hire in have to have a tacho put in place by the driver before he drives off otherwise they are breaking the law even if they aint loaded - The law is always been changed by the goverment just to make it harder on wagon drivers ! Like they must have a 45min break where they can't even be sat in the wagon while it's on break if court by VOSA on break sat in the wagon again they are breaking the law
Where in my posts did i mention i had a wagon?
Never had any bother off Vosa:thumb:

draper
09-11-10, 08:17 PM
Draper you have just confused me as you found it cheaper to pay to have the car back than it was to pay for them to remove the car from the hedge then them keep it :confused:

no you muppet, it was cheaper to pay the £150 and them keep my car than pay the £800 to have my car back

maybe if you'd have fully comp insurance youd have the fee's covered, or it was a non fault accident etc etc. i dont know enough of the facts about the incident and know doubt you'll just change them to suit your 'recovery companies are all robbing cnuts'

face it, you (feel like you) got stung - learn from it and move on :thumb:

vaux_91
09-11-10, 08:21 PM

whats all this talk about tachos ? making me hungry.
can anyone explain what a tacho is please ? :thumb: :confused: is it some kind of recovery license ?

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 08:24 PM
Yeah and he also said he had to turn lots of jobs away because he didn't have a depo to store the cars he was picking up :roll:

then says he wasn't get enough work offerd to him - Sorry but he was either turning work away or he wasn't getting the work offerd to him - So which was it ? Dont get me wrong I think he is a brave man for trying to start his own company but doing it on his own with just a recovery wagon and no depo to keep smashed up cars in proved to be a mistake maybe next time he might do his homework and realise you need a lot more than just a recovery wagon

As I was also complaining about the recovery companys that do have depos and just pick up cars that have been in a smash not companys that just move your car from one location to another location because you have rang them up and asked them to do it

a low loader is a 7.5 yes ? there for you can fit one car/van onto it at a time and must have a tacho in your 7.5 when driving it it's the law

Vans do have tachos in them delivery vans that carry over a certain amount of wieght in them have to be issued with a tacho in them ( Yes car companys do make vans that can carry move wieght than your normal every day van ) - I work for a delivery company as a drivers mate hence knowing this - Dont bother been a wagon driver because I get bad enough road rage just sat in the passanger seat lol - Also please remember you now have to do a towing licence if you are unlucky enough to pass your test after the new law came in - Plus you can only tow upto a certain wieght before your vechicle must have a tacho fitted so you can tow over the wieght limit as well as passing more tests to also tow over a certain wieght - We have loads of stupid laws in the u.k which unless your a Gypo have to follow

Stupid stuart who can't spell someones name right or read threads proper I have already said I didn't get payed out and had to pay for the car out of my own pocket which was my own fault taking out 3rd party insurance ;) as for admiting am wrong nar am far from wrong they are robbing *******s even if some people dont want to admit it

makes me laugh this forum so much because of how many people here think I must be wrong about everything just because I build my Nova different from everyone else lol but feel free to keep thinking like that because it gives me a good chuckle on my time off work :thumb:

Alex J
09-11-10, 08:34 PM
^^ to much typed there, cant be bothered to read, can you do a quick summery:d

Andy
09-11-10, 08:35 PM
I wasnt trying to pick up smashed up cars,it was more breakdowns and movements i was doing. i had a beavertail transit with a winch and ramps to the back-not a tilt and slide or spec lift,so heavy accident damage got passed on.
If i had done every job i quoted for or turned away i would have been able to stay afloat.Ultimately as ive said 3/4/5 times now,there wasnt enough work at the end of the day.IF i had a tilt and slide 7.5 it would have maybe worked,as i could have catered for more situations.So your telling me people start off with top spec stuff and earn loads instantly?? get real,we all have to start somewhere and build up to things like depoTs etc.I dont have to explain myself anymore.
And diddums at thinking nobody likes you because of how you style your car.Grow up.
Your car do what you want.

Andy
09-11-10, 08:37 PM
^^ to much typed there, cant be bothered to read, can you do a quick summery:d
Basically same as the last few posts to me.
Oh and he thinks nobody likes him cos he rat his Nova.

Spudly
09-11-10, 08:39 PM
Stupid stuart who can't spell someones name right or read threads proper

LMFAO, you completey missed the fact he deliberately wrote your name wrong then, and its 'properly' not 'proper' :p

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 08:40 PM
no you muppet, it was cheaper to pay the £150 and them keep my car than pay the £800 to have my car back

that makes more sence than how you said it before :thumb:

bazil
09-11-10, 08:44 PM
Kayll, STFU! some of drive hgv for a living, I for one drive a 18 ton gvw WITHOUT USING A TACHOGRAPH, 100% legaly, there are many exceptions to the law,

Alex J
09-11-10, 08:45 PM
Basically same as the last few posts to me.
Oh and he thinks nobody likes him cos he rat his Nova.i couldnt give a rats a*rse if he rats a nova, there are all rotten anywaylol . if i were him i wouldnt rip stuart, or he could earn more bad rep than naplamlol

Spudly
09-11-10, 08:46 PM
i couldnt give a rats a*rse if he rats a nova, there are all rotten anywaylol . if i were him i wouldnt rip stuart, or he could earn more bad rep than naplamlol

Or a stab in the eye with the bansword lol

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 08:48 PM
LMFAO, you completey missed the fact he deliberately wrote your name wrong then, and its 'properly' not 'proper' :p

Oh sorry I forgot you have to spell perfect english all the time on this forum dont you and no i didn't miss the fact he spelt it wrong I just thought id use a bit of sarcasom back on him :p

Alex J
09-11-10, 08:49 PM
Or a stab in the eye with the bansword loli may need some of thislol ...
http://www.wrhl.net/uploads/popcorn_soda.jpg

mowgli
09-11-10, 08:51 PM
kyall, tachographs are only for hire & reward, recovery is exempt. same as milk tankers run different hours because the milk is a perishable item, there are exemptions. as bazil says, road maintenance lorries are actually a form mobile plant, as are concrete pumps & those mix it on your driveway concrete wagons......

ps newbie... tachos are a recording device for drivers hours.

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 09:04 PM
mowgli I aint seen Bazil post as there is that many replys in this topic while am writting mine I just can't keep up lol

But fair enough as far as I was told everyone must run a tacho if they are driving over a certain wieght so that the law can keep an eye on your hours hence why they brought in the digi tachos to stop drivers/companys been able to fraud the tachos

They are always changing the law when it comes to wagons that even the drivers themselves can't keep up with the changes

now someone pass me some popcorn am getting hungry :thumb:

mowgli
09-11-10, 09:14 PM
they brought in digi tacho to keep better records, and that has kept fraud down, and there hasn't been a new law relating to driving hgv's in about 12 years... just driver cpc bullsh1t. same as this 'you must leave your cab to have a break' whoever told you that could not have been a driver.

Andy
09-11-10, 09:16 PM
lol exactly, that would defeat the object of trucks having beds in!

Alex J
09-11-10, 09:21 PM
on topic, isnt this thread about a stolen carlol lol lol

mowgli
09-11-10, 09:23 PM
well, they found it, so we were just killing time by discussing the peculiarities of the recovery business & how it is different to the general haulage business.

Alex J
09-11-10, 09:24 PM
well, they found it, so we were just killing time by discussing the peculiarities of the recovery business & how it is different to the general haulage business.o i see!! shall we talk about waht we had for tea or the weather aswelllol , i had chicken!!:d

L14MNP
09-11-10, 09:29 PM
mixed grill :d

mowgli
09-11-10, 09:30 PM
alex, you seem to have cornered the market in those topics already....
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158414
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158335
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157600
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157686
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157369

mowgli
09-11-10, 09:31 PM
steak & kidney pudding.

Andy
09-11-10, 09:32 PM
Shepherds Pie
Rain and Wind
2 Sh1ts and 6pisses

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 09:32 PM
they brought in digi tacho to keep better records, and that has kept fraud down, and there hasn't been a new law relating to driving hgv's in about 12 years... just driver cpc bullsh1t. same as this 'you must leave your cab to have a break' whoever told you that could not have been a driver.

The 45mins break is a new law ( well 2yrs old now I think maybe a little longer as it use to be totally different to how it is now ) not totally sure on the in and outs of it just know they must of had a 45min break with in so many hours of driving then if they have been driving for so many more hours after that break they have to have another one but they are also able to have a 15min break then a 30min break as long as it's all done with in a certain amount of time of driving - Also the leaving the cab actually did come from a driver - Ok they dont have to totally leave the cab but they can't be sat in the drivers seat they have to sit in the passanger seat , be in on there bed or leave the cab thats what he told me and lots of other drivers at are place have said this to - Also if we are court doing a delivery with the drivers Tacho on break then he is breaking the law as he aint having a real break because it's still classed as working

Either way theses bloody laws they keep bringing in and changing are bloody stupid imo

mowgli
09-11-10, 09:42 PM
/\ i got my licence in 1996 & the rules were the same then... as for the drivers seat thing....bull poo. have a look at a ups van... one seat. as long as the engine is turned off & the driver is not working & the tacho is set on rest, then he can do what he likes where he likes. and to be honest, if it is cold & he is in a day cab wagon, he can legally keep the engine running to keep him warm

CrAzY_kAyLL
09-11-10, 09:50 PM
We dont use UPS vans we use 7.5 ton wagons upwards which are all 2/3 seaters sometimes hiring in vans over xmas when orders for beer gets higher - So yet again do UPS have different rules from everyone else and is this to stop there drivers becoming fat *******s sitting in cafes while on there brekas ? lol

Also think you will find the law has changed lots since 1996 mate maybe you need to go check it out as from memory of what the drivers have said they use to be able to have 30min break first then the 15min break to make it upto the 45mins break but now it's the other way round and they can only have 15mins first then the 30mins break to make it upto 45mins break

We have agency drivers coming in loads who still think they can do it the old way until we have to tell them it's the other way with there breaks

mowgli
09-11-10, 09:57 PM
you have to have the big break at 4.5 hrs, i am a transport manager. the major rules changes came about from the european driving hours directives...
and our wagons have digi tachos, & at 4.5 hrs, you have to stop for the required period, or the tacho tells you about it.

i had to go thru it earlier in the year with a (now ex) employee who had been driving to the old uk driving rules for 25 years cos he first got a driving job on milk tankers & hadn't bothered to find out....

it is a personal gripe of mine that the first driver cpc training day isn't actually about tacho hours, and isn't covered in the driving test

bazil
09-11-10, 10:09 PM
I've been driving hgv for 11 years, I don't know how to fill in an old style chart and I don't have a digi card lol

anyone fancy a debate on operators liecence? My truck don't have one but I'm still legal lol

mowgli
09-11-10, 10:14 PM
some highways maintenance vehicles are a form of heavy plant....
gritters & road sweepers are not exactly delivering goods to a specific address.
discussion over.

bazil
09-11-10, 10:32 PM
Bingo, but mr policeman told me " now listen son it's a truck therefore it must have it! Also for not having a tachograph chart in use i'm charging you with that too "

I simply replied " no problem, I don't accept your ticket and I'll see you in court "

4 years ago that was,

Iirc travelling fairgrounds are also exempt from O licence.

mowgli
09-11-10, 10:35 PM
showmens rules are crazier than all other road laws... remember the haulier with the double trailer wagon that got arrested.??? his wagon was still shorter than a showmans train can be.........they have 5th wheels hidden in strange compartments, towbars, trailers & caravans, odd wheelbases..etc they are usually well maintained, but just odd.

bazil
09-11-10, 11:06 PM
Local sillage contractor got a bollocking for towing 2 trailers. They were empty!!
I also have been asked to produce my class 1 ( C+E ) for towing a trailer with a tractor!

Usually it's the normo police that make a balls up of traffic law but up here there are stories of the traffic cops being disbanded! Honestly scares the crap out of me thinking of normo cops doing traffic duty.

Bubba
10-11-10, 12:48 AM
So your trying to tell me they dont make nice profits every year then and they only just cover there costs :roll:

Is that why you dont own your recovery company anymore because you wasn't making any money ?

and this is the whole reason you pay insurance! to cover stuff like this.

Dave.
10-11-10, 01:50 AM

I find this all very hard to belive specially when winter settles in and they are run off there feet - Oh not to mention drivers are only aloud to drive for so many hours a day/night before they have to have so many hours off work before they can drive again - so saying they work really hard with no sleep is bull**** unless they are breaking the law so they can make more money :roll:

The police take msot of the money when you pay the recovery firm, my dad owned one for 20+ years and barely ever made any money, and its allways the recovery people who get the ****ty end of the stick, becaus eno-one ever argues with the police anymore

If its been inpounded, pay the F***ING fees and stop being a baby, if you knew what the recovery people went through, youd be gratefull

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 02:34 AM
We aint talking about cars that have been inpounded for breaking the law we are on about cars that have been removed after a car crash bit of a difference there because they dont send crashed cars to the Police compound they only send inpounded cars to Police owned compounds or ones that are on the goverments books because the local police station aint got there own compound or truck to tow the car away

As I have also had my car inpounded before now and didn't mind paying the 140 quid it cost me to get it back because it was my own fault for parking in a non parking spot in Manchester lol and that was put in Manchester Police own compound that they have for inpounded cars

I argue with the Police all the time even my cousin who is a copper ! As half the time they dont even know the law and just make it up to suit them until you actually stand upto them and question them about what they think you have done wrong ! Like when one tryed to do me for having black number plates on my beetle I argued the toss with him telling him the car was old enough to have them he said I was making that law up until his mate came over and corrected him on his mistake lol

Flying Flea is a Coppers worse nightmare as he carrys all the rule books around with him and has even been know to pull them out and ask what section it is they are trying to do him for

Dave.
10-11-10, 03:19 AM
We aint talking about cars that have been inpounded for breaking the law we are on about cars that have been removed after a car crash bit of a difference there because they dont send crashed cars to the Police compound they only send inpounded cars to Police owned compounds or ones that are on the goverments books because the local police station aint got there own compound or truck to tow the car away

Thats wrong, i worked in my dads police compound untill last eyar, we had no insurance cars, stolen cars, crashed cars, illegally parked cars, everything to do with vehicles the police were involved in, we got them

every car crash the police are called to, they offer to get the "police rota garage" to rmeove the car, which is their compound :d

mowgli
10-11-10, 08:14 AM
Local sillage contractor got a bollocking for towing 2 trailers. They were empty!!
I also have been asked to produce my class 1 ( C+E ) for towing a trailer with a tractor!

towing a not connected, but braked farm trailer is illegal... considering round here, the biggest contractor takes a low loader behind a tractor with an LDV minibus on it, which is a massive offence with customs & excise using something with red diesel to tow something with white in it..........but they've not been done for it..

we did get a tractor pulled into the local ministry checkpoint, with special vehicle road tax, white diesel, a driver with a class1 licence and a load that was under the 'unofficial weight limit' for tractors. and still the vosa prat tried to do us.... then he wanted an mot doing, then he rang my brother up, who gave him 20 minutes on transport law & tractors.

Stuart
10-11-10, 09:01 AM
silly_Kylie, you are making MattBrown look good lol

I dont 'hate' you for the ratting lark, You are doing a perfectly good job of making yourself look like a mong without the project lol

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 02:24 PM
Thats wrong, i worked in my dads police compound untill last eyar, we had no insurance cars, stolen cars, crashed cars, illegally parked cars, everything to do with vehicles the police were involved in, we got them

every car crash the police are called to, they offer to get the "police rota garage" to rmeove the car, which is their compound :d

Oh so your dads compound was a Police compound no wonder the money went to the police :roll:

Well round here we have to big recovery companys one in Chester and one in Warrington and both of them do all the recoverys for the Police when it comes to a smashed up car depending on the postcode of the area you crash in - I had my smash in a WA postcode so my car was taken to the one in Warrington even though Chester is closer just like they tryed to take me to Warrington hospital till I told them no chance I aint going there so they took me to Chester hospital instead - They dont touch anything else at the Chester one and the one in Warrington only had smashed up cars in it as well and when I visited the Police compound in Manchester to collect my car after it been illegally parked they also didn't deal with any cars that have been in a smash they just looked after all the illegal cars

So maybe it depends on what the area you live on how they deal with things ? - Just like it depends on where you live on what laws there rent a cops can dish out - Yes it's true some community officers have different rules to others because it's upto the Police station to decide what they can and can't do ( am sure someones now going to start a debate with me on this one now as well lol )

Stuart you do an good job at keeping the forum running like a playground :thumb:

Stuart
10-11-10, 02:39 PM
playgrounds are fun... win

mk1nova_rich
10-11-10, 02:55 PM
CRazY FAIL

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 03:13 PM
No fail here am in stiches of laughter at you lot just like your laughing at me lol

Yes playgrounds are fun and this has to be one of the best playgrounds i've been on in a while :thumb: shame there's no skiprats to help top it off :(

Hobbit
10-11-10, 03:16 PM
/\ i got my licence in 1996 & the rules were the same then...

They did change the 45min break rule a couple of years back

Old rule = 45mins broken up how ever you like eg. (20min + 25min = 45min) 0r (30min + 15min=45min) or (15min + 15Min + 15min = 45min) you could have any combination as long as the minimum brwak was 15mins

New rule = Either (45 min in one go) or (15min first followed 30min later)

Thats the only thing crazy knobend has got right in this thread.

Bin wagon drivers are also taco exempt.

mowgli
10-11-10, 03:34 PM
i think i missed the changeover but when i dropped back into haulage, i refreshed my knowledge of tacho laws, and it seemed the same........

bin wagon drivers are not professional drivers.....

Mike
10-11-10, 05:07 PM
Oh so your dads compound was a Police compound no wonder the money went to the police :roll:

*Retard alert*

Daves old mans yard was doing Police contract work!! ****ing dipstick, you dont half spout some **** just because you got mugged off with your car. You think your the only ****ing one???

5 outta my 28 odd cars to date have ended up in eithe private contacter compounds or Police safe storage. The lastest of which cost me over £300 in collection fees & then delivery charge on a flatbed.

No ones gives a ****, get over it sizzle dick.

Bubba
10-11-10, 05:14 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/AvatheGreat/POINTLESS.png

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 05:21 PM
Pmsl lol

never said I was the only who has been ripped off am just putting my point across that they are ripping off *******s and it's day light robbery - Sorry if that upsets you

Love how so many people on here have called me all the names under the sun lol all because i expressed my view on how it was a rip off that the lad who car was stolen has to pay 300 quid to get it back :roll:

Oh yeah think you will find he said his dads yard was a police compound not that he was doing contract work for the police so which is it ? do the police own it and his dad is the boss of it for them or does his dad own it and the police use him as a contractor - Maybe if people stated the facts right in the first place so many of you wouldn't get on your high horses but then again I supose it wouldn't be as fun if they did :(

phazer
10-11-10, 05:21 PM
Bin wagon drivers are also taco exempt.

No Mexicans either?

lol

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 05:22 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/AvatheGreat/POINTLESS.png

Nar it's giving us all something to do/read rather than sit here been bored thinking of what porn site to visit next lol

mowgli
10-11-10, 05:25 PM
No Mexicans either?

lol

that joke pre-dates tachographs........

fess up folks, how many times have you seen a bin man chuck some rubbishout of his cab???

Mike
10-11-10, 05:26 PM
Pmsl lol

never said I was the only who has been ripped off am just putting my point across that they are ripping off *******s and it's day light robbery - Sorry if that upsets you

Love how so many people on here have called me all the names under the sun lol all because i expressed my view on how it was a rip off that the lad who car was stolen has to pay 300 quid to get it back :roll:

Oh yeah think you will find he said his dads yard was a police compound not that he was doing contract work for the police so which is it ? do the police own it and his dad is the boss of it for them or does his dad own it and the police use him as a contractor - Maybe if people stated the facts right in the first place so many of you wouldn't get on your high horses but then again I supose it wouldn't be as fun if they did :(

Im well aware its day light robbery, but such is life, only the same as the necessary evil that car insurance, journolists, pikeys, parking wardens & bank workers are.

Daves dad owned it, although I know full well what he wrote. I know because ive been there, an im sure he'll be online at some point an say the same thing. No, Daves dads units werent a Police owned compound, his dad owned it, lock stock the ****ing lot. He was merely a contractor.

The difference between a proper Police owned compound & private storage is massivly different anyway. Your not allowed cameras in the police ones for a start as theres some epicly grim remains of cars/bits of people splattered across cars in there.

CrAzY_kAyLL
10-11-10, 05:33 PM
Now with out shouting at me calling me an awful name or swearing please explain how journolists are thiefs ? this is a serious question as am to dumb to work it out myself :wtf: but agree with the rest of them been robbing *******s specially the Gypos :mad:

Shame they dont do tours of compounds with all the blood and guts splatterd all over the windscreens of cars that's something id go and visit for

wwmnw
10-11-10, 05:38 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKPiz9g-iRAYJfVWE1FL5ryJnLrGWn-5r1PbGQK1HFD320UPQ&t=1&usg=__RlJVE1QbEUL0zVeeK7p1Yq9txaw=

Jack
10-11-10, 05:52 PM
Winding up Kylie is so easy its boring.

Spudly
10-11-10, 06:19 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKPiz9g-iRAYJfVWE1FL5ryJnLrGWn-5r1PbGQK1HFD320UPQ&t=1&usg=__RlJVE1QbEUL0zVeeK7p1Yq9txaw=

Lmfao that was very well timed lol

Jack
10-11-10, 07:04 PM
In after the lock? lol

Spudly
10-11-10, 07:10 PM
In after the lock? lol

Lmfao we need meester souf to photoshop one of those lol

Hobbit
10-11-10, 08:30 PM
In after the lock? lol

Damn you! (Shakes fist) that's my line.