PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: MK Convoy from Coachstation to PV03

Will
28-05-03, 06:26 PM
Right we did this last year and it was a success, its good because ppl from north and south can just get off at junction 14 which is easy then follow us up from there etc.

The thing is, some people will be on the stands and others wont, i think its 9am for show cars and 10am for the show to start?? not sure

So do people want to meet that day at say 8am, heading off at 815 ish for the pod??

Post below

Cheers

Will

MattyWoo
28-05-03, 06:33 PM
Im up for that count me in.

Jim
28-05-03, 07:04 PM
Last year we left at around 8:30 and we were stuck in a queue to get into the pod. I suggest we try and get there a little earlier if possible. Perhaps leave MK coachway at 8am?

Jim

techie
28-05-03, 08:39 PM
I'd agree with Jim.

I say meet at MK coachway at around 7.30-7.45

Yes its early but its worth it, its only one morning, and going in a Nova convoy will be sooo cool.

As long as im at the front that is :lol: :P :evil:

Jim
28-05-03, 10:43 PM
As long as im at the front that is :lol: :P :evil:

You wouldnt be at the front if I was in my car 8) :wink:

Jim

Will
28-05-03, 10:46 PM
Breeny or myself will lead the convoy as jimbo hasnt got his car, if you bring your car jim feel free to take the rains so to speak..

will

Breeny
29-05-03, 12:21 AM
I led it last year and there was me taking it easy letting all the 1.2s keep up and stuff and the muppet in an astra was overtaking. I just said cya then! lol

Lets all leave at 8 from the coachway then...

yuk, dont do morning. I'm gonna look rather worse for wear lol

ollster
29-05-03, 12:34 AM
i will probably go down on the day so i will most lightly meet up with you all. Breeny i think you should let us all have a head start on you turbo'ed beast :roll:.

Neil.
29-05-03, 01:51 AM
i came to this last year aswell, ok 8am it is then, im on NL stand so ill follow most of other people.
lets hope we dont kill another fox, followed by it gettin run over by the convoy! (feel sorry for it)

Jim
29-05-03, 09:42 AM
I led it last year and there was me taking it easy letting all the 1.2s keep up and stuff and the muppet in an astra was overtaking. I just said cya then! lol

Lets all leave at 8 from the coachway then...

yuk, dont do morning. I'm gonna look rather worse for wear lol

Yeah, the muppet in the Astra was trying to overtake everyone...and it's not like he was overtaking in safe spots...blind corners and into oncoming traffic - TIT!!!

I ended up staying back with the smaller engined cars as you lot all raced ahead :cry: Thing is though, from MK to Santa Pod chances are you're going to see a load of Vauxhalls heading in the same direction, so just follow them :)

Breeny, you can't look much worse than you do in you're avatar :P

Jim

Dave
29-05-03, 11:19 AM
without soundin too much of a twit where is the meeting point? can anyone post a map or is it easy to find off j14?
will meet everyone there if that's ok gonna have to leave at about 6.30 to meet everyone there! :o

Breeny
29-05-03, 11:21 AM
Coming from the south.... leave junction 14, turn left... 5 seconds down the road turn left again... Bingo! :D

Coming from the North, leave junction 14, turn right, 5 seconds down the road turn left... Bingo again! :D

Dave
29-05-03, 11:30 AM
so come off the m1 then turn left towards broughton an it's there?

Jim
29-05-03, 11:35 AM
For those that can't understand what Breeny is talking about ;)

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1006

See you all there

Jim

Dave
29-05-03, 11:42 AM
cheers jim

MattyWoo
29-05-03, 11:44 AM
Jim you git
Theres me sitting here laughing to myself cos i've made this map then you go and make one :evil:
Heres my effort anyways

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.wootton/mkcoachway.gif

Will
29-05-03, 12:38 PM
Be there BEFORE 8AM

We will be LEAVING AT 8AM or just after

:lol: :lol:

Jim I will pick u up at 7.40

Will

Austin_Nova16
29-05-03, 01:11 PM
shall see you all there! 8)

Tilly
29-05-03, 01:18 PM
I'm gonna look rather worse for wear lol

NO COMMENT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Breeny
29-05-03, 07:42 PM
Cheeky Moo! :o

* makes a note to go to bed early

Tilly
30-05-03, 05:28 PM
fingers crossed i will be going now. mates coming with me but it means being up at 6am to get there for 8 f.u.k
breeny or will contact me please

mikeoxford
31-05-03, 12:29 AM
Yeah, the muppet in the Astra was trying to overtake everyone...and it's not like he was overtaking in safe spots...blind corners and into oncoming traffic - TIT!!!

think it was austin in his blue nova behind me - with meshe all over his grille?

well he will tell you

the TWAT cut me up on my outisde on a single track roundabout, and i ALMOST clipped the curb cos he ran me off the road.

complete TWAT argoant TWAT, i dont get road rage but i could belted him one.

mikeoxford
31-05-03, 12:30 AM
see you there

Tilly
31-05-03, 08:12 AM
mike = :rant:

mikeoxford
31-05-03, 11:15 PM
mike = :rant:

:oops: dont often get flared up, but he pushed me into the curb before i could turn left into the road!!!

Jim
01-06-03, 10:41 AM
see you there

Mike, there is an "Edit" function in your posts to add little comments like this to a previous post.

Just thought I'd let you know ;).........................you Post slag :P :wink: :lol:

Jim

mikeoxford
01-06-03, 08:03 PM
see you there

Mike, there is an "Edit" function in your posts to add little comments like this to a previous post.

Just thought I'd let you know ;).........................you Post slag :P :wink: :lol:

Jim

:rant:

LOL

fair enough

:oops:

ive gotten a WHOLE lot better lately though! anyone must agree that!

Ian
01-06-03, 08:52 PM
id suggest leaving earlier as show opens for show vehicles at 7am and the public at 9am, you might also need to clean cars when you get there and queue up for 1/4 mile runs. get there early avoid the queues, plus we want to sort the stand out b4 the public arrive.

Will
01-06-03, 09:19 PM
Cheers Ian, re-think might well be in order etc............ people?

Breeny
01-06-03, 09:55 PM
erk even earlier, im gonna look even rougher.. lol...

Meet at the coach station at 6.45?? :? I feel sorry for Tilly and everyone further south... they'll have to leave at 4.30 or before!! :o

mikeoxford
01-06-03, 11:15 PM
any revised times yet? whos in charge :D ?

MattyWoo
01-06-03, 11:54 PM
What about us that arent on stands that are convoying?? do we have to wait outside and watch everyone else drive in if we arrive before 9am??

Tilly
02-06-03, 12:06 AM
i wont be going then i cant get there for 4:30 thats mad for me

Neil.
02-06-03, 02:45 AM
so it's 6.45am then yeah?

Jim
02-06-03, 09:36 AM
6:45!!! :o Breeny, when you pick me up, bring us a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie ;)

Right then peeps. Lets get a show of hands those that can make it at the coach station for 6:45am.

It's gonna be a loooooooonnnnnnnnggggg day!

Jim

P.S. Don't forget your suncream...it gets very hot and theres little shade at Santa Pod!

Dave
02-06-03, 09:59 AM
:o would have to leave mine at abut 5am.
think i'll give it a miss an meet everyone at the pod.
what time is everyone meeting there? an where do we go when there?

Jim
02-06-03, 11:16 AM
People are going to be meeting there at all different times.

If you have a show pass, you'll be directed by the marshalls, if you don't have a show pass, you'll be asked to park on the grass. Again, you'll be directed by the marshalls.

Jim

Dave
02-06-03, 11:47 AM
will have to stop an look where i'm goin, am so used to just runnin straight round to the pits

Neil.
02-06-03, 06:27 PM
two hands up here, me and mate red devil will be there for 6.45. gotta leave about 5am!!!!!! leanne dont like the idea of that, hehe!

Ian
02-06-03, 07:25 PM
if you are on a stand you need to be there at a reasonable time do not turn up at 10am and expect to be allowed on.

techie
02-06-03, 07:31 PM
6.45 am.

God Breeny will look a state.

Count me in, ill be there.

Ian
02-06-03, 07:37 PM
I feel sorry for Tilly and everyone further south... they'll have to leave at 4.30 or before!! :o

southern homos there is life north of watford gap :P

Breeny
02-06-03, 09:50 PM
U sure about that?? lol :P I get nose bleeds if i go past Watford gap... :lol:

Didnt mean to ignore ya Ian just no one who was from the north was saying they wanted to meet at the coach station so i presumed otherwise :oops:

Ian
02-06-03, 10:12 PM
thats only cos you are a southern homo and get mugged :p

Breeny
02-06-03, 10:20 PM
Whats that got to do with anything?? :roll:

Thats fuck northerners for ya, can't afford there own stuff so try and steal if from the southerners :P

Jim
11-06-03, 09:18 AM
Thought I'd bring this topic back to the first page to refresh those of that are going to be meeting us at the coachway.

We aim to meet at the coachstation between 6:45 and 7am. Please try and be as prompt as possible. Theres a fair number of people who have their cars on the NL stand that are meeting us at the coach station, so we need to think about them getting their cars all nice and clean.

We will aim to leave at 7am so please, please, please try and get there within time.

Once we reach Santa Pod, those of you not on the stands will be directed by the marshalls to the general car park.

I've not got a clue how many people are meeting us at the coachway. So I'll assume that those that want to meet us will be there.

If you are planning on meeting us at the coachway but might be late, then bring a map of how to get from MK coachway to SantaPod with you just in case. Chances are there will be another convoy of Vauxhalls from the coachway later on in the morning, so you might be able to follow them (It might not necessarily be a convoy of Novas though)

Looking forward to it.

Jim

Chris_W
11-06-03, 10:29 AM
How about people post if their going to be meeting there? That way you get a rough idea of numbers.

Breeny + Slimjim
Chris_W
?

Chris

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 11:54 AM
I will think bout it, i dont really like convoys much as i think they r risky. Also I only have a 1.2, so i will get left behind. I will think about it though. Will i be able to park near the novaload stand? I aint bin b4.

Jim
11-06-03, 12:07 PM
I will think bout it, i dont really like convoys much as i think they r risky. Also I only have a 1.2, so i will get left behind. I will think about it though. Will i be able to park near the novaload stand? I aint bin b4.

1: How are convoys risky?

2: You will not be left behind. we had 1.0 and 1.2's last year and none of them were left behind. I'll make sure Breeny doesn't zoom off ;)

3: I don't know if you'll be able to park to the Nl stand, I don't know where the stand will be. Chances are probably not. But don't worry about that. Just park up where the marshalls tell you to and walk over and meet up with us. I'm getting a lift with Breeny, but when I get there I'll jump into your car and I'll show you back to where all the stands are :)

Jim

Ian
11-06-03, 12:15 PM
If you do not have a stand pass your car will not be allowed into santa pod until 9am! if you turn up for 7am expect a nice wait. and please do not block the lane into santa pod as show vehicles will be arriving and will have to get past.

I repeat....

CARS WITH SHOW PASSES ONLY GAIN ENTRY BETWEEN 7AM AND 9AM

without you will be allowed in from 9am and will then partk in the car park and not near the show vehicles

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 03:11 PM

1: How are convoys risky?

2: You will not be left behind. we had 1.0 and 1.2's last year and none of them were left behind. I'll make sure Breeny doesn't zoom off ;)

3: I don't know if you'll be able to park to the Nl stand, I don't know where the stand will be. Chances are probably not. But don't worry about that. Just park up where the marshalls tell you to and walk over and meet up with us. I'm getting a lift with Breeny, but when I get there I'll jump into your car and I'll show you back to where all the stands are :)

Jim

Cheers mate! as for the rsiky convoy thing, its just the last one i went on, the concentration levels from most ppl were not tht high. I will prob meet u lot at MK, how long u reckon it take to get there?

Jim
11-06-03, 03:30 PM
It takes about 45mins from Mk to Santa Pod. Listen to what Ian has said though Rob. If you don't have a show pass, you won't be able to get in until 9am. It'll mean you'll be hanging around for an hour, maybe more :?

Jim

Tilly
11-06-03, 05:50 PM
i havent got anything but im in someone else's beast :wink:

RobHardyUK
14-06-03, 05:05 PM
fort i would dig this post up, N0va has kindly given me a stand pass thing, so i will convoy up with you guys. Who is gonna meet there? Also what time is it till?