PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Wtf Wtf Wtf!!!

brownbear
04-11-10, 11:54 PM
SO! After two failed VR engines I fitted the third, Had a funny vibrating noise. Thought nothing of it till....

The temp light started flashing, So low on coolant, The vibrating noise was the water pump (It failed)

The clever cnuts at VW decided that when a water pump impeller is vibrating excessively it should shoot all of the coolant out VIA THE WATER PUMP!

In turn, Doing this has caused the already foobared water pump to fail epically and throw the pulley off centre, thus taking out the V belt and causing god knows how much or why much damage to the air con compressor and Alternator pulleys!!! But not only that! Because the water pump is so close to the block it has gouged the block out as well where the water pump pulley has thrusted back!

WTF!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Connor
04-11-10, 11:57 PM
Gotta love the trust VAG's ;)

mk1nova_rich
04-11-10, 11:58 PM
buy a Nova instead lol

Bubba
05-11-10, 12:00 AM
SO! After two failed VR engines I fitted the third, Had a funny vibrating noise. Thought nothing of it till....

that might have been the problem...then again was it within a matter on driving one trip or a week or so

brownbear
05-11-10, 12:08 AM
*cough*

Hobbit
05-11-10, 12:32 AM
buy a Nova instead lol

what she said.

Will F
05-11-10, 08:33 AM
As above - why would you think that a vibrating noise is OK??

Your own fault tbh.

mowgli
05-11-10, 08:47 AM
there are hitherto undiscovered tribes in the amazon basin that know that modern vw water pumps are crap & need changing every 2 years or every engine swap. why did you not know this with your vw fetish?

brownbear
05-11-10, 09:04 AM
It's more of a mild perversion than a fetish. Lol.

Edd
05-11-10, 09:16 AM
It's what you expect from VW tat tbh

God knows where the myth about VW's being reliable cars came from

brownbear
05-11-10, 09:21 AM
The beetle. That's where.

Edd
05-11-10, 09:29 AM
Air cooled nonsense FTMFL

L14MNP
05-11-10, 10:58 AM
Aircooled dubs FTW.

I'm not a watercooled fan for the most part I have to say.

TBH if I had 2 engines die on me in a matter of weeks I would be listening for every little sound. I wouldn't even dare have the radio on.

General Baxter
05-11-10, 11:15 AM
i think you need a bmw in your life lmao

Sloth
05-11-10, 11:27 AM
**** the vr off, buy a BAM motor mr bear. my mate sold his vr and did this, jobs a good-un

nans_nova
05-11-10, 11:49 AM
air cooled is cool

spend all my time woring on aircooled

Jack
05-11-10, 12:38 PM
The beetle. That's where.
http://www.liquidpoker.net/user_pictures/ce00f.ORLY_Mexican.jpg

Is that why I always see the side of the A30 littered with beetles and campers come RTTS? lol

L14MNP
05-11-10, 12:58 PM
lol ^

You can track the 50mph brigade all the way back up the A1 via the hard shoulder.

Relaible, not all of them. Cool, most IMO.

Jack
05-11-10, 01:01 PM
Calling the RAC is cool :cool:

John
05-11-10, 01:24 PM
vw's are no more or less reliable than any other car tbh, don't look after them properly though and they bite you in the ass. Tbf if the water pump was noisy i wouldn't have driven it anywhere. If it's gouged a big score in the block, you must have driven it for miles like that lol

L14MNP
05-11-10, 01:26 PM
^ I disagree. Plastic impellors and plastic window regulators are pony.

I see Jack. I used to be in the AA. That must be why I was rubbin but alas I was never dubbin. :(

John
05-11-10, 01:30 PM
hmm, i don't think vr6 water pump impellors are plastic. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Esp if they've scored the block? When i was at vauxhall water pumps used to have a leak catcher on them even from new lol

Sloth
05-11-10, 01:44 PM
it sounds like he bearing has gone, some pumps have a channell to let water out of the bearing area. iirc john your right vr's run metal impellors.

L14MNP
05-11-10, 01:47 PM
hmm, i don't think vr6 water pump impellors are plastic. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Esp if they've scored the block? When i was at vauxhall water pumps used to have a leak catcher on them even from new lol

Never said they were lol. However newer stuff is. That's a p!ss take IMO.

brownbear
05-11-10, 05:02 PM
it sounds like he bearing has gone, some pumps have a channell to let water out of the bearing area. iirc john your right vr's run metal impellors.

He's right.

I was just stoopidly happy to have my VR back, the water pump was a tomorrow job. I did about 5 miles at snails pace to limp the vr home (Hence block damage from the pulley)

Just fancied a rant. Meh i'll learn.

But still think the design is Scheiße!

It has an aux waterpump!! Why not just flick the ecu into limp mode disengage the clutch on the main water pump and let it run badly with minimal damage till driven to safety??

Volkswagen Scheiße Design aus der Hölle!

Asa-James
05-11-10, 06:44 PM
>says nothing<