View Full Version : mk4 gsi tuning questions

scorge01
04-11-10, 11:41 PM
ok been buying parts for getting a couple more bhp out of it got

vxr turbo,injectors,air flow metre

full miltek including cat and precat

front mount intercooler

air box with conversion for direct air feed

anyone any ideas what bhp this should roughly put out with a map?

also what map should i go for as mot sure?

also does the x20xev cam work in these engines like the xe in the let as been told they do and if so do you need an adjustable vernier?

and has anyone ever heard of the turbo oil restrictor mod that you get that helps pro long your vxr turbo when fitted to mk4 gsi? if so any feedback on these

cheers scorge?

Mieran
05-11-10, 12:03 AM
how many cars have you got? lol

Rich
05-11-10, 12:11 AM
probably about 280-300bhp

XEV inlet cam is worth it, noticed a good difference. More torque further through the rev range. Theres a guy called 888dan on astraownersclub., £50 posted for a pully thats already set back 3.5degrees (half tooth) and you just put it on standard timing marks

I got a restrictor bolt in mine, no problems so far after 2k

scorge01
05-11-10, 08:12 AM
haha mieran have a couple gives me something to do.lol

nice one rich that's the sort of power was wanting.

as for mapping iv never really looked in to it before had chipped ecu's that's about it so what would be best map to go for? would it be ok 2 run Vxr mapping? if so what stage would be ok on standard ecu.

cheers scorge

Rich
05-11-10, 01:20 PM
Get a custom map done on a rolling road. Dont use regal etc as the stage maps wont be setup for your individual car and could end up with problems. im going to reddot in north london in a couple of weeks, obviously a bit far for you lol

Have a word on aoc see where people would recommend thats local, although alot of people travel from a long way to use reddot as they come very well recommended